Posts by MaFaDiC

@MaFaDiC what made you get the SinMix Diezel pack and not CiliLabs? I bought the Cililabs last night but due to error massages trying to open the files I could not try them out. I will tonight.

More importantly how do the Cililabs 5150 compare to the Diezel amps? Are you using them for mainly crushing new metal tones?

Thanks!

I got the SinMix Diezel pack due to a recommendation from another forum user. But I compared the two packs (SinMix's and CiliLab's) beforehand and SinMix's sounds better and more versatile to my ears. But CiliLab's Diezel pack still sounds awesome! His (Cili'Lab's) 5150 has some really nice crunch tones but also some heavy stuff and a few beautiful clean tones. But as I said, I could only test CiliLab's 5150 profiles for about a half an hour till now. Long story short: SinMix's Diezel and CiliLab's 5150 both sound amazing and as those are two different amps – which I both like – I would suggest to take them both. You will find some really nice tones in each one!

Any opinions on sinmix/erglabs profiles?

I am willing to spend anything below 100 euros and i dont want to waste my money cause kemper itself broke my budget already :D:D:D
    Thanks guys for suggestions! Keep em coming!

I bought SinMix's Diezel pack about two weeks ago and I would definitely recommend it to everyone who's looking for high gain sounds. Furthermore there are also some really nice crunch sounds in it. It's one of the most versatile packs I own.
    https://www.brickwall.pl/store…uct=76&controller=product

You should also check out CiliLab's EVH 5150. I got it on the same time as the above mentioned Diezel pack but could only give it a quick test run till now. But what I heard was very pleasing!
    http://cililabkpaprofiles.bigcartel.com/product/mr-ehv-el34

Also have a look at Deadlight Studio Profiles. They have a lot of good high gain stuff.
    http://deadlightstudioprofiles…/category/kemper-profiles

And if you're still looking for some high gain but in a more rock and moderate metal type of sound (so to speak in a less brutal death metal or djent type), you should definitely check out Bert's profiles (especially his Friedman, Pack 1 and Pack 2) as well as Guido's profiles (his Soldano, Bogner and Diezel packs e. g.).

http://www.bmkemperprofiles.com/

http://www.guidorist.com/en/pr…gory/kemper-amp-profiles/

EDIT: Oh, and there's a free EVH 5150 pack from Evil Audio which I really like! [EVIL AUDIO] EVH 5150 Stealth with Zilla Cab

wow!!! That looks so nice. How long have you had yours. ?

I fell in love with this beauty since day one :) Bought it in april this year and almost left my other guitars untouched since then... Now I just have to hope that I'll play as good as you some day, your videos are amazing! :thumbup: How long have you had your first S-Model John?
    In case you would like to have a look, here are some more pics of my S-Model: Show your latest guitar

If anyone wants to check out Dawman picks - and you should give it a try, i love them - now is the time. They still have a black friday / cyber monday discount of 40% on all of their models. Just use the code BLACKFRIDAY40.

http://dawmanpicks.com/

My favorite is the shredline pointed 3mm. Yesterday I‘ve ordered some shredline pointed 1.5mm, just wondering how they feel.

Hi Erntschi

Leider kann ich dir hier keine Lösung für dein Problem bieten. Ich kann dir aber mit Sicherheit sagen, dass der Favourites-Ordner nicht voll sein kann (und bei nur 23 Rigs ohnehin nicht). Hast du schon versucht, deine Rigs via Rig Manager als Favoriten zu speichern? Vielleicht klappt es ja so – auch wenn das von dir geschilderte Verhalten via KPA seltsam ist.

Bas recommended 58 overwounds(he mentioned a Eric Johnson type of thing)..I forget to ask him if these PUs are Mojos but I guess so..I fully trust this guy.It will be light weight alder two tone sunburst,maple neck(big headstock) and maple fingerboard.

It is my first "relic" kind of thing I ever tried though mine will be only very,very slightly reliced.Dont like that to much.But I also dont like to "pale" maple fingerboards..we will see..

greetings

An Eric Johnson type of thing? Sounds great! And I'm sure that you're doing nothing wrong in trusting Bas, he knows what he's talking about. Would be cool to read a short review when you've got your guitar!

Cheers
    Mauro

right now I am waiting for my Folreden S-model as well and the review from @MaFaDiC gives me a lots of joy..cant wait to get mine..

@MaFaDiC

Man..what a beauty..what a beauty..And Bas is indeed a fantastic guy.

He is indeed! The whole team is fantastic, they put a lot of passion in their work.

Can't wait to see some pics of your S-model @Nikos ! Which pickups did you choose? Anyway, have fun with this great piece of art, you won't regret the order!

I use the Sennheiser HD 25 together with my Kemper (also to listend to music and mixing) and I'm more than happy with them!

Hi guys, I finally found some time to write a review about my new Folreden Strat. For those interested, here we go:

If you're looking for a unbelievable nice sounding custom guitar that plays smooth, has a beautiful look and which is built by the most passionate, friendly guys with the best customer support you could ever dream of – then you should opt for Folreden from Holland!

I bought my S-Model a few months back, fell in love with it since day one and appreciate it more and more every day. But first things first…

I first learned about Folreden thanks to the Kemper-forum and the great reviews in a few threads. So I started to inform myself about that company which seemed very cool, respectable, professional but still with a pleasant familiar atmosphere. I wrote an email asking about different options, the mechanics they use and a few other things. After only five minutes I’ve got a reply by Bas. It was by far the nicest and most helpful email I have ever got from a company – he even gave me his number in case I have some more questions. Even though I had hundreds of questions following my first email (and I would have felt bothered by a customer like myself) Bas always replied immediately. The communication just felt like we were friends since years. Finally, I decided to place the order.

Unfortunately, when I got the guitar, I noticed that the high frets on the low E-string were buzzing and I couldn’t get rid of it. So, I wrote a message to Bas. He told me that he preferred to have a look at it himself. We did a Skype chat and decided to ship the guitar back to Holland. The shipment was paid by Folreden, the work was done and when I got the guitar back everything sounded as it should – plus Bas packed a guitar strap with it that matches my Folreden Strat perfectly (thanks for that again!).

This guitar is just a masterpiece! It is built with care and a lot of know-how. The built-in Wilkinson mechanics are high quality and so are the Mojo SRV pickups. The latter have a sparkling bell like chime every SRV-fan is looking for! Even without plugging it in you get a nice, loud and articulated sound out of this guitar – the resonance is just unbelievable. The neck feels super nice. Bas suggested to do a little relic finish on the neck. As I blindly trust him I went for it and man, that looks just awesome! The neck is also without any lacquer finish on the back, just as I wished. To sum it up the guitar is shipped with the coolest case you can imagine!

What shall I say more…? This Folreden S-Model is by far one of the best acquisitions I’ve made in terms of music gear. I would choose Folreden again and again over most big companies out there and I’m proud and happy to be able to show that badass logo on the headstock and the case to everyone that crosses my way.

Thank you for everything Bas and keep on giving all your commitment into this fantastic company – it’s worth every damn effort!

Cheers,
    Mauro

my favourite profiles were mic'd with my favourite mic combination, an U47/SM57.

I really dig those profiles with the U47/SM57 combo! This pack is so amazing I couldn't believe my ears when I hit the first note. I've found some unbelievably nice cleans and singing distorted sounds with eternal sustain! You did it Bert, you've excelled yourself once again. Thank you for the great work!