Posts by MaFaDiC

The Jurassic pick I mentioned is a joke (but you sure will find it in the picks and stones site among other "cheaper" picks), but anyone has tried amber picks? It is a natural resin so it must sound close to the forbidden shells. Red Bear and Blue Chip use alternative resins and ask a lot for their picks, especially Blue Chip, and their resins are synthetic after all.
    And has anybody tried the Dunlop Petrucci ultex picks? They are pretty fast and a tad larger than Jazz IIIs (for those who like me find the original size a bit too small). I like them, though the attack of the Red Bear resins sounds softer. And if you lose one you won't start crying like a child who's lost his/her favorite toy. Ha ha. That's why I lock up my Red Bear, of course.

Which one do you mean? I've tried the John Petrucci Jazz III (http://www.jimdunlop.com/product/john-petrucci-jazz-iii) and really like them. The problem is, they wear off to quick and are just still a little too small... Did anyone try the Petrucci Primetones (http://www.jimdunlop.com/product/petrucci-primetone-pick)?

For the moment I'm using the Primetones Jazz III XL and the Read Bear Big Jazzer in extra heavy gauge (2 mm). Love the Read Bear, perfect shape, size and gauge (they're thicker than the Primetones which are 1.4 mm). But i still have to see how quick they will wear off. If they won't last quite long, they're just to expensive... But for now it looks like they're really made to last!

Just send him an email and he will reset the password for you!

So, i finally upgraded to OS 5.
    I don't know if anyone already described the same issue, but anyway:

When in performance mode, changes in the stomps, stack and effects section remain after switching to another slot and coming back to the slot that I edited, even when I didn't store it. Only if I change performance before coming back to the initial slot in the previous performance, the settings ar as they were in the beginning (befor editing anything). So for example:

I'm in performance 7, slot 4 with the delay on. When I turn off the delay by pushing the delay button (without storing), change to slot 3 in performance 7 and turn back to slot 4, the delay is still disengaged. Only when I change to another performance, say to slot 4 in performance 6, and turn back to slot 4 in performance 7 the delay is engaged as it was at the beginning.

Is this a bug or did I miss anything? Maybe I'm wrong but I think that that wasn't the case in OS 4.2...

@flyingheelhook:
    I've finally managed it thanks to a post I've found from @lk_bill back in October 2015 (cheers for that!). That's how it worked for me (I didn't had the remote connected but I assume that it wouldn't make a difference if the remote is connected to the Kemper):

• Set the KPA to "Perform".
    • Open RM (two windows, one with the perfomances and one with your rigs in the local library, in the "MyProfiler"- or in the Rig Exchange-folder).
    • Create a new performance in RM, rename it in the Inspector section and double-click it to sync with your KPA.
    • In your KPA unit, select the slot (in the new performance) you want to edit or where you want to paste a rig. Use the arrow keys on the KPA to select the slot. There should be a default rig loaded in slot 1 named "Crunch". Usually this would be the slot where you want to paste the first rig.
    • Switch to the second window and copy the desired rig (ctrl-c) from the local library, the "MyProfiler"- or the Rig Exchange-folder.
    • Go back to the window showing the performance you want to create, right-click on the desired slot and paste the rig (or hit ctrl-v).
    • Save the performance by pressing the store button 3 times.

• Create a second rig in slot 2 in the same performance (copy a rig from the local library, the "MyProfiler"- or the Rig Exchange-folder and paste it in the slot by right-clicking in slot 2 and choose "paste" or hit ctrl-v).
    • Click on the On/Off icon on the upper right corner of the slot to disable it.
    • Re-click on the On/Off icon to enable the slot. The second rig appears on the KPA screen but with a wrong slot-name (default rig "Crunch").
    • Double-click on an other existing performance.
    • Double-click on the performance you're working on. The rig name issue should be fixed.
    • Save the performance by pressing the store button 3 times.
    • Proceed as described with slots 3, 4 and 5.

I hope that this procedure will work for all of you having experianced the same issues. Thanx again @lk_bill for your tutorial!

Hi.
    I search for some goog Bogner Shiva Profiles.
    Did Michael Britt profile this amp?
    If so, is there a link to this amp, because on Michael's page I don't find this amp.

There's a Shiva Profile-Pack from Guido. Never played it but I love the few profiles I've got from him!

Edit: Sorry, didn't see the previous post from CJ...

I am experiencing the same issue right now. I'm trying to store a performance with different crunch rigs. The rigs in slot 1 and 2 just work fine (besides the fact that sometimes when I store the perfomance, the slot name which I created in slot 1 changes to the rig name in both RM and the KPA unit). But I can't manage to store the rigs in slot 3 and 4 as i wish to.

When I copy the desired rig from the "myProfiler"-folder to paste it in slot 3 and another one to paste it in slot 4, everything seems to work fine in the beginning (the desired rigs are in the correct slots in the KPA unit). But when I store the performance on the Kemper, the rigs in RM in slots 3 and 4 swap places after the storing-procedure is done... They're still in the right slots on my Kemper but it does not correspond with what RM is displaying. And then sometimes it happens that slots 3 and 4 are interchanged in the Kemper but not in RM.

Any ideas? I'm trying to fix it since about 3 hours now. Still not succeeded ;(