Posts by kingsxman

I’m pretty sure pictures will be posted by someone, but yes, it has been done by more than one person. From what I remember, the most common way to do it is to use the four screw holes for the rubber feet to connect to a single space rack shelf. Just be sure to use shorter screws than the ones for the rubber feet, because they don’t need to be that long.

Thanks. I had heard/read that was one way to do it. Seems like a lot of weight if you had the rack on its side. (i.e.. if the kemper is "hanging" to the side only secured by the bottom screws. ) Road cases get thrown around quite a bit so worries me a bit that it something could give way..

Just curious. I bring my toaster to gigs in a nice case and then just set it up and place it on top of the case I brought it in. I am curious if anyone has rack mounted their toaster in a way that is very sturdy.... Pics if you have them.

thx

Update: Finally had time to do the latest thing: check for fuzzies in the profiler connector. Looked in there. Blew it out. No fuzzies. I opened up Rig manager again and no connection. However, after a few minutes... it said "new version available". So I downloaded it. No reboot or anything. Guess what: my profiler IMMEDIATELY showed up after the new version installed.

So....my guess is that there is a bug in what "was" the latest version of Rig Manager. I'm, now running 3.2.65.17265. Its synching rigs as I type this.

Thank you for all your help. Much appreciated.

I had such a problem once with another USB device. After a lot of trial and error, it turned out that dust had accumulated in a USB socket, which prevented a reliable connection. I had to remove this manually (without tension, of course) with tweezers, after which everything worked again.

Try a different cable would also make sense.
    Furthermore, the USB management of the operating system could be faulty, there are good tools from Uwe Sieber.
    You should always make a complete disk image beforehand.

https://www.uwe-sieber.de/misc_tools_e.html

I'll check this out. My Kemper sits in a hard case that has foam padding all around it. I cut out the rectangle for my kemper and pedalboard...so there IS sometimes little chunks of stuff floating around. Good idea.

Maybe you have tried already but it is worth checking alternative connections. Sometimes a device will not work or be recognised when plugged into in a particular port or a particular cable starts acting up. It is worth trying other ports and cables.

If you look at your hardware in device manager you can usually see that there are multiple USB hubs on a PC system. You might get some information about what is going on with the USB port you are using there. The other thing is that you can remove or disable a hub in device manager and then Windows will find it again after a reboot and functionality which has gone AWOL temporarily will return. I have followed directions of this kind from online windows problem solving sites (possibly Microsoft) to get a thumb drive going again but not the KPA.

Thanks. Yep I'd tried that already. Moved it around to multiple ports and tried a different cable.

Yeah, I've read a little about the usb hubs on the pc system. There is nothing that jumps out at me though as wrong. I'd defintely delete one of the hubs if i knew it would come back after a reboot.

I guess I'm going to have to check in with Kemper support.

Pretty much what i"ve done each time but went step by step this time and same thing. "No driver can be found for your rig manager. Please resinstall rig manager".

Just have to ask, are you sure or is this just something I should try? I ask as Burkhard said earlier I'm at a the version (8.6.6) that should be supported by the latest Rig Manager. And my OS didnt change...

I have not updated firmware via USB for awhile. Are there instructions?

Have you checked if and how the PROFILER appears in the Windows Device Manager? "Kemper Profiler" should appear amongst Audio, Video and Game Controllers. There you can check it's state.

So a couple of things. When I launch Rig Manager I am getting an error that states "No driver could be found for your profiler. Please Reinstall Rig Manager". I have done that and see the same issue.

When i look at device manager, under Sound, Video and Game controllers...I see my Behinger U-Phoria driver, Intel display audio and Realtek high definition audio. Thats it.

How are you connecting a USB cable from the Kemper to the computer? You don't connect it to the front of the toaster. You use a USB/Printer cable that attaches the "square-ish" end to the back of Kemper and the regular USB end to your Computer USB port.

The front USB of Kemper is only to insert a thumb drive in for backup, transfer, and OS updates.

Thanks. I'm connected with the USB cable from my computers USB port to the back of the Kemper (square port). Just like i have been doing it since I got it. It worked fine before the new windows build. I've tried moving around to a different USB port on the computer with no luck.

I have to believe there is something with the driver not loading properly or Windows missing something thats not allowing the driver to load properly.

I downloaded Rig Manager but I am still getting "unrecognized USB device" when I plug in my Kemper toaster to my PC. I can run Rig manager but my Kemper will NOT show up. That said...it WILL tell me that my Kemper needs an OS update and I attempt to do it (and i see the update starting on my Kemper) but it fails.

My OS is 8.6.6.32765 and I'm running the latest version of Rig manager.

Any suggestions as to what may be going on?

I usually just plug my xlr cable into the "left" (output labeled left) on the back of the Kemper. At one recent gig i happened to plug into the output labeled "right" and i was getting a thin tone. I plugged into Left and it went away. Unsure if i just had a bad connection or if you SHOULD be plugging into only the left when you have a single output. I didnt think it mattered but usually used Left.

Curious to hear the answer.

thx

You double click right at the start.

The Store button stored in the curry selected location. Store in Profiler does as it sounds but in the last selected location on the profiler. So if you were last in Performance 2 and you hit store in profilers it will save in performance 2 rather than the next free location. Unfortunately it is a pig in a poke to try and select the profiler location after you start editing so make sure you have the slot you are going to want to store in (if you intend to save to the profiler) already selected before you start doing any editing. It is all very confusing and I still need to make a few mistakes every time before I finally manage to get it right ? it would be so much better and easier if you could edit then choose where to save to - eg.Store in Profiler : please select a performance number : thank you very much I would like you to store it in performance 3 : no problem that's it saved where you asked me to put it is there anything else I can help you with today ?

Thank you. This is super helpful.

Thank you. when I get home I'll give this a shot tonight and see. So if I'm working on an already created performance and just making some adjustments...when do you do the double click? At the end? At the beginning?

This does seem like a vital step that is very easy to miss. thank you thank you.

Also...do i just click on the "store performance" button? How is the "Store performance in profiler X" different?

Is there a good tutorial for how to use Rig Manager for storing local performances? (Note: i looked through one of the tone Junkies videos but I'm still not getting it).

I am trying something new with my Kemper. I am in the process of changing out all the rigs that I use for gigging. Kind of building from scratch. When I set my current performances I did not use Rig manager. This was probably 2.5 years ago and I have no idea how i did it. So now I'm trying to use rig manager to do this. I will probably have 3 different performances that i use. I'm trying to create everything in my local library so I can save them...and then copy the performances to my profiler. Whats happening is this: lets say I'll change a setting on a rig in a slot in one of my performance. Lets say I changed something in Performance 1. When I save it I click on Store performance..it seems like its not saving the right one. My performance 2 (which may have the same rig but with a few different settings) seems to update. But its not all the time. ....just sometimes.

I'm a bit confused by the "duplicate/store performance in profiler X/store performance" saving features I guess. I feel dumb because this shouldn't be this hard. For the record...a lot of the slots for the 3 performances will have the same rig setups. I usually just change out a few that I'll need as I need to switch quickly.

Unsure WTF I'm doing wrong.... Thanks in advance.