Posts by Job Posthuma

Kemper site says “not for other applications then profiling”.

Any reason for that? More specific, use with other capturing units then kpa?

In my mind it does a straightforward job: reduce speaker level to line level…and should work with anything right?

Are you aware of the locking option? Maybe locking the chorus, and toggle the other changes with presets would help?

Could you use the mix parameters of simulation and drive to effectively turn on/off using morph?

Other brands solve stuff like this with “scenes”…I could imagine that kpa stomp switches could become “scene switches” ..configureable to switch on/off whatever a user comes up with..

During boot up of an early toaster I get a loud hum at the monitor outputs (cabsims off, no Kone, in stereo mode)

After boot up it’s fine.

I updated firmware about 2 weeks ago.

If I’m correct I had the issue before, it was gone at a certain firmware, but now it’s back…but not 100% sure.

Is this known?…bug or as designed?…or specific for my unit?

A bit annoying when you have a setup with a master powerswitch with which you switch poweramp and kemper at once ;)

Does anyone else experience this effect? Not being negative about it, just wondering if it's just me?

Yes, it’s there…

Don’t quote me on this one cause it’s a couple of years back..I asked support about it…apparently it’s “as designed”.

In my mind it shouldn’t be there…but it’s so marginal, i sometimes doubt if the small glitch when you switch, maybe even throws yours ears off enough to no longer be able to compare.

My approach:

1 dial in sounds against reference tracks, that will get at least get all your sounds balanced amongst each other, to get you ready for #2. I don’t believe in dialing in on PA sets at gig volumes…cause your dialing in on PA A which is not flat in freq range Y..and the next gig is on PA B…which is not flat in freq zone X…and then you’re double screwed ;). Best to use reference monitors and dial towards a good middle ground.

2# Do not expect playback systems to sound 100% like your reference monitors. They don’t. Use a global eq or eq on the board to compensate. Which should be quick if your sounds are balanced amongst eachother.

3# Foh sound is different then stage sound. Imagine how a drumkit sounds on stage (acoustic)…and how it sounds in foh…in most cases stage sound is much more midrangy. Ime a miced sound (=output kemper) is much harder to blend with stage sound then a traditional cab. Some choose to bring a poweramp/cab for this reason..which obviously rubs against the convinience factor.

My comment has a very valid point:
    Based on empirical evidence gathered over 10 years in this forum, spread over numerous firmware and hardware releases/updates/announcements, there is always somebody who feels the need to point out that the features are not wanted/implemented correctly or in the wrong order, that 'the market' has moved somewhere else etc.

The online 'discussion' will always be led by a very vocal minority.

Can I read into this…that at KPA HQ the current hypothese is that there is a very limited group of customers that would appriciate the option to upgrade?

My comment has a very valid point:
    Based on empirical evidence gathered over 10 years in this forum, spread over numerous firmware and hardware releases/updates/announcements, there is always somebody who feels the need to point out that the features are not wanted/implemented correctly or in the wrong order, that 'the market' has moved somewhere else etc.

The online 'discussion' will always be led by a very vocal minority.

Maybe you are mistaken a customer expressing what he would like..for a customer criticizing business decisions?

The product exist already, it's called "Stage"

I would definitely like the full 8 fx slots simply to enable existing rigs to be used without any restrictions. However, it seems clear that the target market for thE player is pedal board users rather than a grab and go replacement for the big brothers. That market already has external FX for most things making 8 fx slot less important.

I would buy the player next to my current head, but wouldn’t consider a stage.

Idnk about target markets, don’t have opinions on Kempers strategies…I just say what I’d fancy ;)

Always switch Kone on when you use a Kabinet or Kone speaker…switch cabs off if you want to use imprints, leave them on if you want the Kone to act as a fullrange..and playback cab/mic in the profile.

Always switch Kone off if you use something else then a Kabinet. Switch cabs off if you use a guitar cab, leave them on if you use fullrange.

These settings do not impact the main outs.