Posts by rekkies99

I've asked that my complaint about the handling of this be passed up to Christoph if possible, Marc could easily have sent me a link to the kemper USB video, where it's very clearly noted that there are issues if the sequence is not followed (Around 8 min mark) the very issues I had asked about and that Marc told me nobody else was experiencing, instead passing the buck to possible Apple USB problems, which is infuriating!

Thanks so much mistrp13331, very helpful! That's what I was essentially hoping Marc would provide: Which order do I turn on/off applications/plug/unplug cables?

I find it mind boggling that Marc from Kemper support didn't simply point me to their own very knowledgable video! Marc, if you're reading this?

Thanks for the response wheresthedug, much appreciated, especially the "I’m sorry to hear you are having trouble with it" which is what Marc should have led with in his response!

I have a Focusrite Scarlett 18i20 for S/PDIF - Flawless performance which rules out USB issues AFAIC. The Kemper will work perfectly for a week or so, but will then start to develop the issues mentioned if I leave it for more than a few days, then it needs to be restarted/USB unplugged and replugged, then after about 9 restarts, it's perfect again, all with the exact same settings as before, my 18i20 never does this, nor does my old firewire Focusrite with a USB C adapter, always flawless performance from power on, I had 3 MOTU units that were also faultless, the Ultralite, Audio Express and Track 16, all via USB C adapters on a MB Pro M2, from this, I can only adduce it's an issue with Kemper, most likely Rig Manager interaction, as it's much more stable without RM running, which defeats the entire point for my workflow.

I have a hub and will try that, but that again is a step backwards, using a powered hub that could add more issues than it solves.

If there is an Apple USB hardware issue, it's Kemper specific which puts any solution in no-mans land for now!

Cheers!

Is anybody having issues using Kemper USB audio? In response to a help request, Marc from customer support told me "USB audio works fine for us and the vast majority of our users. Did you try to use another computer to rule our an USB hardware related issue?"

That was the extent of assistance offered so I needed to know if it's just me?

I started a session Sunday pm and could not get audio into Logic Pro, when I did it was breaking up/intermittent, tried changing the DAW settings to make sure nothing wasn't where it was meant to be, (It wasn't) changed cables, unplugged, restarted at least 9 times and it finally worked, all settings exactly the same as at the start of the session. (I had also tried 2 other older Macs to make sure it wasn't my 3 month old MBPro M2)

The reason for my email was to ascertain if there are any hints Kemper has to troubleshoot this, i.e.: start logic, then rig manager or vice versa, restart Mac before session, unplug/replug cables etc. (I'd already bought new USB cables 3 times after a previous session did the same, making sure they're audio compliant and not a cheap wannabe) instead, I got the above email, which, apart from having no helpful suggestions or any "sorry you're having issues with our product, I see from our records you've purchased 3 kemper amps and 2 Kones from us and we value your custom" Nothing of the sort, the quote above is the full extent of the support offered by Marc.

Am I being oversensitive feeling that this is a snarky response to a serious request? The fact that I've worked with digital audio since it's inception in many major Hollywood studios should have no bearing on the support, but does need saying here, though the response should be as helpful to any level of Kemper user, from novice to full blown guru and this email was not!

Thanks for any feedback, much appreciated, anything that helps Kemper support be better listeners makes for better results for all!

Absolutely essential! I second the proposal! The editor programmed by a third party (Wonderful help until rig manger appeared) had the tuner available, so it can be done, please Kemper, pretty please, for Christmas???!!!