Posts by JiveTurkey

DL'd the Christmas Clean profile and messed with it a bit yesterday. Sounds very nice! Kemper does such a killer job of clean amps! I pasted my ambient profile FX section onto it and it sounded killer! If your mid and higher gain stuff has the clarity the clean profile does; you have a winner!

I think the HelixFX would be a good device once the verbs get updated. Especially the drives, in comparison to the Kemper's offerings. As far as amp tones go; the Helix is a joke in comparison to me. Others feel differently (and some keep shoving the kool aid down throats without any sort of ability to see that the Helix ***gasp*** might not be for everyone). But that's my take and I'm sticking to it :D

Type Morgan AC 20 in the rig exchange download it and turn up the gain basically. :) I have contacted Nick directly and he responded with the same advice. So that's what I did and WahLah

I will give that a go. As dumb as this sounds; I don't think I tried that when I messed with the profile =O It's amazing what you can do with just a simple turn of a knob :thumbup:

LOLOLOLOL I just created a thread looking for this gained up AC20 profile. Anyone have a copy?

Edited for if it's just the rmpacheco gained up AC20; shouldn't be too hard to recreate. I dl'd it yesterday and wasn't blown away but of course, it didn't come with Nick's playing skills baked in the profile ?(:D

I've tried the Helix twice. Once in hardware land and a second time using Native. Both times I came away very, very underwhelmed. Yes, it has features/functionality out the wazoo but if the tone sucks; who cares how many signal chains and amps I can run at once? I have heard great clips of it but it just didn't feel or sound right for me.

That big "announcement" out of the way; I would be glad to give it a go on it's current FW through a traditional cab. I recently came back from FRFR land and a real cab is just soooooooo much better than I remembered it being.

Do they have samples of the Crummet pack anywhere? I got the Sky Dreams pack and absolutely loved a couple of profiles in it, then got that 5150 III freebie and was absolutely turned off by it. The clarity of the sky dreams pack is astounding imo.

Tried the 5150iii profiles last night. I was impressed by the ambient-ish clean green profile but the blue and red were notched mids city :( All the usual disclaimers of different guitar, different monitoring solution etc etc etc apply.

Got the ambient one, but never received an email about the 5150. Wasn't in spam folder either. Oh, well.

it's on the bottom of the front page of their website. You have to sign up for their mailing list. I ended up signing up with my other email address as I will end up buying some profiles if I like the sounds of things.

Fired up the Sky Dreams at volume this weekend. My favorite profile is Clean 2 Bridge. The clarity of this profile is just stupid. Enough so that it makes me wonder how their profiles some gain sound. I don't honestly have the budget to find out but I will for sure be keeping an eye on any other freebies they throw out there.

I snagged the Sky Dreams pack when it was offered up as a freebie. I only got to mess with it last night with headphones (ugh). They sounded really nice in the cans but are they usable in real world situations for what I do? Can't tell you tbh. I'll know more then I get to blast it through my 2x12 at volume :) The one with Octave in the name was actually really awesome. Pull back a bunch of the verb and delay and I bet it would be killer for a (lot) subtler atmospheric approach. All this said; I wouldn't pony up the amount they are asking for a lot of their packs. Too rich for my blood when there's already 1500+ profiles sitting in my local library.