Posts by JiveTurkey

Thanks for the reply! I set my foh level to -16db iirc. Volumes aren't linked. Oddly enough; my go to profile sounds great through FRFR (as I have been using it) but it's kind of dull through my speaker cab. I probably need to look into what I know is a merged profile.

Couple of questions. I'll keep it brief :D

1. What is the optimum setting for the poweramp boost setting? Cranked or midway or... ?

My desired setup is powered kemper to onstage guitar cab (via speaker out) with cab block off and a feed to FOH with cab block on (via either Main or Monitor output)

2. If I want to achieve the desired configuration above; are the settings shown in the pic below correct?:

[Blocked Image: https://preview.ibb.co/kj6c0m/20171025_185610_1.jpg]
    uploads photos

I like to do weird stuff with my gear :whistling:8o

I am currently running my Kemper in the normal signal chain of my GR55. I crossfade between synth tones and guitar tones via expression pedal. I have a Fishman Triple Play coming and I was trying to figure out the best way to integrate this into my Kemper rig and give me a different option beyond the GR. Thoughts? I was thinking about getting the laptop audio in the Kemper's loop then doing some (I'm sure rudimentary 8|:S:P ) midi programming on the Kemper to cross fade between amp tones and just the audio in the loop. Is this do-able?

Just let me know, buy it and don't like it I'll give you a refund but if I give a refund I would like a reason why you didn't like it.

Thanks for the offer. One big thing I like about the Kemper is not having to fall into the IR rabbit hole. I play through an FRFR rig so I want cabs included in the profiles I use. It may be the "wrong" way to look at it but it's the way I process the situation.

These profiles are pretty cashy, imo; considering they are direct profiles only. Unless I am wrong about that part. I dig keeping profile overload to a minimum, but when you can get 10-15 profiles from other vendors for $15; um...one profile for $40 really better kick my butt. My 2cents and all that.

Bump for more INFO/feedback

Smart brains and all that. Thinking about going this route as well.

Here's what I posted on the FAS forum:
    "I have a Kemper and a Roland GR55 playing quite nicely together with an external midi controller. The thought of missing those Fractal verbs and delays tugged at me a little bit though and the seeds for GAS were planted [Blocked Image: https://forum.fractalaudio.com/styles/default/xenforo/clear.png]

My current controller sends out specific CCs to the Kemper to control gain, octave, solo boost and engage delays. Another button sends PCs to the GR55 to A/B switch between two of my often used synth presets. I have one external expression pedal connected to the controller to control crossfade on the GR (goes between normal guitar tone coming from the Kemper and whatever synth tones are currently loaded on the GR). A second controller is connected that controls the wah block on the Kemper.

Can the FX8 work in this manner?"
    I looked at the FX8 manual but it wasn't exactly clear. I could get rid of my existing controller and use the Fractal if I knew it was going to work in a similar manner...

I looked around at the music store over the weekend at the QSC K8.2. After seeing the weight and feel of the QSC; I am thinking I might go Katan (for much cheaper) after all. Have you ran the kemper into the effects loop return to bypass everything but the power amp?

Bought the JCM2000 pack. Just stupid good stuff :thumbup: The freebie pack has some awesome stuff in it to wet your whistle, fyi. The Plexi Boost (?) prest, the SLX and the KK are worth the price of admission alone. There are some deep tweaks in the amp block parameters (definition, sag and pick) that I changed but beyond that;killer stuff imo :thumbup:

BTW, making my choose to go FRFR with a DXR 10 in small venues vs. a guitarcab is hard enough haha. No way I 'm taking providing a backline for other bands in consideration. :/

We had a support act twice recently. I told 'm we only have one guitaramp as backline (the other guitarplayer) since I play digital with my POD HD500x. A monitor is put away really quickly, so his amp was set up and removed right afther their set and I put my monitor back in like 2 minutes.

That x infinity. I am all about helping someone in an absolute emergency but I'm not providing gear for other people on a regular basis. It's tough enough to provide for myself :/

I have an EV5. I am seeing probably 80% of the available range when I am doing the pedal calibration. The level knob on the side of the EV (that controls the range) is set where it needs to be; so the range should be the full sweep. Are the official expression pedals usable on the whole sweep or no? Am I missing something on my end? I am configuring the wah block, fwiw. Thanks in advance!

Jive Turkey, Welcome to the Family :) Whippinpost918520. It works well with my GR55

Thank you sir! I copied all my GR synth presets to a new bank last night, cleared out the GR's amp blocks and set it up so I can crossfade between synth and Kemper via GR's expression pedal. Excellent combination of gear imo!

Watched the demo vids last week and they all sound great! I got my Kemper yesterday and loaded up the freebie pack and was very pleased. Hardest part is figuring out which profile pack to buy :D

I'm not wanting to sacrifice anything LOL :) I want guitar Reverb and delay on One path and my synth on the other. The problem is that those paths are static as far as I can tell. So guitar is always on path 1 without the effects that I want and the synth is always on path two. There's no way to flip flop that that I can see. Unless if I move the loop to the back of the second block of stomps and I am not sure if that will get me the results I want.

Looking at a midi controller now that will switch how I want and just giving up on the blending via EXP pedal. I could put the Kemper in my Boss' loop and blend signals like I want but then I would have to have a direct box after it as the outs on the SY are 1/4" and not XLR. Right tool for the job and all that.

Path 1 is where my guitar tone is routed. Path 2 is the synth. Which is what makes this totally useless for what I am trying to do. If you can swap the paths (make Path 1 Path 2 and vice versa); it would be better. I would lose my wah on the guitar path if that was possible; so that's another reason to find a different way to do it. :( Thank you for all the help/advice/suggestions though [Blocked Image: https://www.thegearpage.net/board/smilies/beer.gif]