Posts by JiveTurkey

So can you guys confirm that the Boss FS-7 will in fact work with the Kemper? I am switching from rig to rig in performance mode with my Boss SY300 but it will not allow effect control with the extra onboard switch. I want to be able to toggle delay/boost/and or fx loop on and off via external footswitch without having to invest in the remote. For now at least :D

Welcome! I found the tutorial vids were excellent in helping me get started. I really dig the fact that there are onboard buttons for most everything you want to do. As opposed to a device with say, 4 buttons, that you have to somehow intuitively figure out how to dive 76 levels deep into a menu with. Ugh. Don't worry. You'll get it!

Not surprised at your findings. Helix is all bells and whistles (and a great company presence on other boards which I dig); but did absolutely nothing for me tonally speaking. Couple of solid clean amp platforms. None of which I could use as we don't do anything requiring clean tones.

When I can't dial in a basic Marshall sound that doesn't sound like grainy nails on a chalkboard; that's a bad sign. Kemper all the way.

Didn't introduce myself because, well; I'm impatient and wanted to get started :D

Got my Kemper a month and some change ago. Cycled through all the modelers with Kemper being the last one on deck. I have enjoyed it quite a bit but I am still working out the new form factor for my rig. Need a new case, controller; blah blah blah =O

FWIW there a ton of great freebies on the exchange and I am hoping to gig this guy on Saturday, Finally! First practice with it tomorrow and I am very excited!

Welcome! Boogies and 5150s are my faves as well! 6534+ is one of my favorite, yet more obscure, amps. If you get a chance; do some Mark III profiles. (And 6534 if you still have it!) PLEASE :) Enjoy the Kemper!

Very good to hear. I know you from over at VGF and know that you are knee deep in GR land. That keeps me a little more grounded (and on my current path) on the rig side of things.

I'd be very interested to know how the Kemper sounds thru it Vs the katana sounds. I.e. Does it sound much better or would I end up just gigging the katana :)

This is truly the conundrum I am in. I have went full bore FRFR route and I am good with it. I end up lugging a bunch of stuff that isn't a half stack (powered speaker and stand) and a lot of times; I think to myself the whole reason I went the modeling route is to stop lugging around so much crap just to play cover tunes. It is in an interesting dilemma to be in for sure.

The Katana ticks off all the boxes for normal guitar tones and I could pretty easily integrate my Boss guitar synth into that rig without any trouble. Kemper tones are obviously next level but if you are just gigging cover band stuff; you really have to do some mental justification.

You're supposed to say it sounded like absolute garbage so I can avoid the GAS X(:D I have been wondering how this would do out loud on a couple of different forums. I need a new rack case and foot controller first but the Boss fanboy in me thinks this combination of gear is an excellent idea. Congrats!

I followed the instructions posted in another thread but I am missing something. Compound that with the fact that I have some loud time with an empty house and it's tough to stay focused lol :) I'll report back if I can get it to work. I assigned the pedal and could see it's movement in the morphing portion of the system menu but when I went to assign it to a parameter; no dice. Even when using something more obviouslike the gain paramter