Posts by hüttenwerk

...So, how do these Dynacord AXM 12A work at low volumes? And I am not only talking about sound quality or dispersion, but how easy to control are they? I am afraid that the volume knobs could be too sensitive for home usage, I don't want to jump from zero to super loud in a blink...

They're really good at low volumes. If I had them years ago, I could have spared the speakers for my hi-fi. Controls are easy, as soon as you've figured out how they work. You have a master Volume and gain for each channel. You als get dB's shown as you adjust the values, so there's no issue matching a pair, and you can adjust in 1-dB-Increments without a surgeon's hand.

But even these won't make your trousers flutter when they're at living room volume - some folks seem to expect that... :D

If you want the monitor to be just for the guitar signals only?Perhaps then another brand is the better way to go, but I like the AXM very much!

Not just guitar, but vocals too, and I like the option for using them as a small PA ...

Have you looked into the XiTone monitors?

Thanks for the recommendation, yes, I've been toppling over them in my research. Three issues made me go on: The fan in the amp (I need them to be dead quiet) and the lack of a pole mount, but most important: as far as I see they don't ship over the pond on a regular base. But these get high praises too, so no doubt these are worth their money.

... Again, I really haven't spent baby time with this yet . I'll try to report back after a week or so

I'm not in a hurry and look forward to that!

Sorry for bumping this old thread up, but that one comes so close to my question that I don't want to start a new thread for it.

I narrowed my search for a FRFR-Monitor or speaker down to the Atomic CLR (I expect it to be available in Europe soon enough) and the Dynacord AXM 12a. But I couldn't find any A/B comparisons so far. Had anyone around here an Opportunity to hear them both simultaneously since the last post?

2016:
    - Boss Looper RC-1 8/10
    - Boss Chorus CE-2w 9/10
    - Korg OT-120 Tuner for my Girlfriend's Girl's Cello no rating/her fun!

2017:
    - Kemper Powerrack w/remote 8o
    - A (or two?) good active FRFR monitor(s) for that - but which? Atomic CLR? Dynacord AXM? RCF SMA 10/12? ...?
    - Vocal Mic Neumann KMS105?
    - something simple to record stuff
    - selling a Boss GT-5
    - selling a Laney AOR 50 combo

Best wishes to all for 2017!

As you cannot order them directly to Europe at this time, I asked a British online retailer (perhaps the only one in Europe) who has an "Atomic Active CLR FRFR NEO Wedge" for preorder with "Next delivery due: Tuesday, 31 Jan 2017" if that would be the new MkII then. Here's what I got back:

"I can confirm that the ones we have coming in are the new MKII version. All the other ones versions they’ve now discontinued so they’re just producing the MKIIs. I hope this helps. They’re currently due to arrive end of Jan, however this is just a current eta, and is subject to change."

So it looks like a matter of time. No Cyber Monday Steal, but at least we can get some 8o

Interesting... Ordering a passive wedge or a CLR Cube to Europe would work - while these products apparently aren't available any more in the countries where you can get the CLR MkII... At least it doesn't look like they're about to cut off their supplies to Europe completely, so hopefully it might just take some patience.

I couldn't figure out what my german tax number could possibly be useful for Atomic, so I just put "0000" in there. There was no complaining response and apparently I have an account now, but couldn't make use of it so far. Or is it because of the useless number that ordering a CLR won't work? ?( Can't imagine...

Dieter

I surely would if I could...

But when I click that "Buy now" on the product's page it can only be shipped to the US, Canada, Mexico and Japan, and when I click "Buy Online" in the Menu and select the European Shop, it's still not listed there. Any older makes of the CLR are "Temporarily out of stock" there.

I sent emails to "support(at)..." on Wednesday last week and to "order(at)..." last weekend but no one responded so far. Might be the Special Deal keeps them busy though. Did anyone figure out how to get a CLR MkII ordered to Europe?

Greetings,
    Dieter

Hello Fellows,

I registered though I don't have a Profiler - yet. But it'll come as soon as I have the peripherials ready and decided for the spot I'll put it to in my room... Right now I (who doesn't play a lot of Metal) play a combination of a Strat (which is everything but the common Metal axe...) an a Laney valve combo (...which is a killer Metal amp, but nothing else) that somehow happened to be mine. It worked quite well for some years but now it's time to have that changed. In addition, if it turned out like expected to work proper as a fine amp for my acoustics, another TOP on the wishlist could be fixed. I'm curious how everything will come out...

So much for a start,
    Yours,

Dieter