Posts by marcusio

That would imply they’ve either been lying or are incompetent with their updates.

Neither of which I consider remotely plausible.

I don't think they're incompetent at all. They're not lying neither 'cause the editor is coming out (soon) and that's true. I think they're just buying time as they did since the beginning. As i said i hope to be disproved very soon.

Anyone else get excited about the post announcement in the 'Announcements' forum.... only to then have all your hopes and dreams crushed when you see it's just a minor OS update...

My fear is that they're still not really close to a candidate release but actually they are still quite far behind. I hope to be disproved very soon about this.

They are different enough for me to own both and enjoy good tones from both that are not identical. That and with Helix, the 4 aux ports make it a center-piece in most studios for running 4 cable method amps or Strymon pedals. And with the "Control" window in HX-Edit, I can set up all 3 Strymon pedals (via MIDI) for individually different patches per "Snap-Shot" all within "one" patch in Helix, and you can have multiple Snap-Shots per patch!

I keep my Kemper around cause it just sounds so damn good. ^^. I purchased and downloaded some "Magnatone" profiles from "the Amp-Factory" @ 1/2 price Black Friday sale today. To me, Finding and Buying 3rd party amps (like the Magnatone amp profiles I found this morning) you can "not" do as well on Helix as you can on the KPA, because they are not so readily available.

I hope that answered your questions.

Perfectly. Thanks. I own a Kemper and an Ax8 and they sound fantastic. There's not a winner between the two in my opinion. I was curious about Helix cause i didn't have the chance to try one so far.

I'm pretty sure most of the people here would pay for the editor. So just release it and if you wanna ask for money just do it. People who don't need it they can just live without it, so no problems for them.

Kemper Red Ryder Rig Manager 3.0 In Exclusive Retro Box!!!

If you use FRFR the benefit of a merged profile is that the cabinet is totally separated in the profile.

For my edification only... :D Kemper/Helix user

I know this is OT but i'd like to ask you. I see you're a helix user also. What is your opinion in the comparison between the two?

Hey G String how about another update?????????????;););).........or how about RM3.0!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It would be better if there were no more updates and the editor was directly released instead, since in the last update there was talk of "Release Candidate"...

Come on, let's make a little effort at this point!

I contacted the support. They asked me to do a special test to check if the problem could be hardware related. The result isn't so clear, 'cause my "faulty" switch (which is the number 1) seemed not to work properly at first run, but something changed after i rotated clockwise the head of that switch (as someone suggested me). After this i repeated the test and the switch seemed to work good this time. Kemper support told me that the buttons have a tiny spring at the bottom that presses on the actual electrical switch. Maybe that spring got twisted so it could not work properly. Turning the button may have untwisted the spring so it now can work as intended. And it seemed so, but during my last gig i noticed that a few times the problem came out again. So at the end of the day it seems more a hardware problem.

Because 7.1.3. was elevated to release level now, a new beta with RM 3.0 will come next friday or monday. Pretty sure 8)

Well i'd like that too, but actually i don't think it's gonna be like this. We would be very lucky if they will release the editor for the end of November...

I respect everyone's opinion. I understand that times can stretch in a matter like this. But c'mon...let's try to be objective and realistic...actually the whole thing is becoming really grotesque.

I noticed something strange on my Stage: sometimes when i press the fourth switch (starting from the left) of the top row, this sometimes does not activate immediately but must be pressed another time. Does this happen to someone else? I'm on 7.0.9

There's no update from GString because at the moment obviously he can't provide a precise release date. I think we won't see any Editor before another month, more or less.

At this point i propose a survey.

Guess the release date! Whoever guesses the exact release date will win nothing but can happily tease everyone else. :)

To me the date will be November 15th.