Posts by ThrashFlesh

Using Boss WL-50 (must be a competitor for G10 and G30 comparing specs and price) for already 4 months for home playing. Some main points about the unit:

• Could not detect any noticeable latency
    • Transmitter holds it's charge close to declared in specs 12 hours
    • Receiver has 1/4" input, so you can play guitar through cable, while charging the transmitter
    • Has stable signal when used with power supply
    • If using receiver with batteries that start dying, you may have some minor dropouts if radio signal is obstructed
    • Comes with no power supply in the the box. But if you buy it to fit it on your pedal board, you don't really need it, because WL-50 has standard 9V power input
    • Fits nice with pedalboards: again, has 9V power input and also has clean profile, when transmitter is plugged into the receiver, so nothing sticks out, if you want to put your pedalboard in a case or a bag

My standard setting was very mid heavy, to the point where it only sounds great with the band. This setting would be pretty hard to figure out with just the headphones plugged into the kemper. It would also be nice to have some of the features profiled, e.g. the mid voice setting. Would you be able to hear, that the mid frequency just went up a couple of Hz? I wouldn't. Especially not without a Band around me.

So your main reason for looking into profiled amp settings is the lack of context (specifically your band), right?
    If that's the case, then I think you need the EQ curve for the profile itself, and not profiled rig information (amp gain, eq, stomps, speakers, mics, etc). Thus you can compare EQ of your "mid heavy" rig with profiles by, for example, recording them in the DAW and looking at the EQ curve. Or recording your band and auditioning profile with that context.

Hey,

However, I do not have any context for these, or do I? What settings were used?

There's no detailed information about amp settings, only amount of gain, which is intrinsic to a profile. However information about actual amp settings can be provided by the profile creator, but I don't think anyone actually does this.

I searched for it and found that someone had profiled 6 versions of it. How do 4 amp channels translate into 6 kemper channels? And what settings were used?

Kemper makes snapshot of an amp sound with fixed settings. Not the whole amp with all it's channels and gain/EQ/presence knobs response, so the knobs that you see on the Kemper do not exactly correspond to those on the amp, they're just Kemper's "interpretation". That way, all those 6 profiles could be profiles of one 4th channel, but with different gain/EQ settings; or 2 profiles of 1st channel, 2 profiles of 2nd channel and 2 profiles of 3rd channel, but with different settings; etc.

Also would be nice to contact the guy who made the profile and tell him how to dial in the amp correctly and redo the profile. Where could I ask for this?

I think you should try a couple of other options before that:

• If the profile is almost what you need, but not quite there, you can try to tweak it – there are settings for the amp, eq and cab; also you can try adding stomps
    • If the profile is far from what you need, then try another profile and if it almost fits – tweak it)

This should get you the desired sound in most cases. But if not, I think people in the Commercial rigs and profiles or Free rigs and profiles discussions can help you with that.

Is there any way to effectively narrow down choices?

Yeah, basically just wondering how you approach 1 sound and 13.000 choices without context?
    Also if anyone has high gain recommendations, I’m listening.

I narrow my choices by searching profiles from creators which were recommended by people on this forum) If I need high gain sound, I check one from Deadlight Studio, Lasse Lammert, ChopTones and Lars Luettge. If I want some clean or crunchy tone, I search some from Tone Junkie or M. Britt. Basically I don't spend much time on every profile while choosing – if I don't like one from first chords or chops, then I try the next profile.

Hope this helps)

Attaching screenshot of my reamping setups in Logic (interface is Komplete Audio 6).
    "Output 5" – is the [ interface out ] –> [ Kemper in ] signal
    "Input 6" – is the [ Kemper out ] –> [ interface in ] signal that carries the <Whatever> part of "Git / <Whatever>" in "SPDIF Output" preferences.

4) I play the track and... Nothing

Also not sure what do you mean by that, but you should not play the track, you should start recording the track you want to reamp into. In my case, I start recording the track "Krank (reamp)" (sorry if that's too obvious).

Hello everyone!
    Seeing some comments in spring reverb discussion thread I wonder why there's no such request yet)

So there can be an emulation of an amp kicking for spring reverb and it can be controlled in any or all of this ways:

• tap tempo button (both amp and remote)
    • external pedal switches
    • soft knobs in the spring reverb edit
    • morph pedal (though it could be mapped to soft knob in previous item)
    • mapped to "Time" or "Mix" knobs for reverb (this could be a little shortcut for #3 by not going into edit menu of the reverb)

Reaction to controls can be the following:

• simple random kick for press/turn
    • the longer you press the button the harder the kick after you release it
    • the the sharper you turn the knob or swing morph pedal the harder the kick

And of course low/high kick force can be adjustable)

And yeah, I know, that this is a lot thought for some minor feature, so I'm not asking for all of that)