Posts by Terrapin

Appertaining to the original post, Yes I agree that Kemper has “taken” on too much and/or are unwilling or unable to cope with such.

The “Player” a new product, is my primary source of contention. A cursory glance at the forums show a frustrating lack of attention to the issues that many have raised with the initial “Rack” and “Toaster” versions of their product, (and Rig Manager) which remain unresolved, yet rather than address and resolve these issues, they choose to spend time on more product releases, which will inevitably present more teething problems for both the company and it’s users.

Simply my humble opinion, I mean no offence to anyone. Best wishes to all!

With due respect, I think it would be a good idea for the mods to create a forum section dedicated solely to the Kemper Player. Quite frankly, I have no interest in this product as it's not for me. There seems to be a wide degree of discourse with this new product and many threads have been opened as a result. Perhaps a consolidation of these these threads can be created which would benefit all concerned. Just a thought...

Ah, got it

Ah, got it. Thanks for the clarification.

Are you serious? "Price Discrimination" "Consumer Fraud" Perhaps you're trolling. My MacBook Pro has the capability of running Logic Pro. Wait, I have to purchase it? How awful. Apple should have supplied it upon purchase. 😂

I

I'm still experiencing the same issue with performances being skipped randomly and for no apparent reason when pressing the up down buttons on the Profiler. With all due respect, I would suggest that rather than blame your customers for the obviously long going issue, you spend some time in fixing said issues and/or update your user manual, PRIOR to moving on with new features.

Just a thought.

I must agree with Wheresthedug inasmuch that it is probably an issue with Logic Audio sending midi messages to the Profiler. I experienced a similar situation after the implementation of USB MIDI whereby Logic Audio was changing the gain setting on my Profiler. I contacted support and was told that I should change the change the midi channel on the profiler. I did, and it fixed the issue. However, I am fearful that every "update"will bring further issues.

Same problem here.. Connection is lost when my Mac is in sleep mode. I won't sell the unit as it has uses, but I certainly won't use it in conjunction with Rig Manager until they both address and fix the issue

Just to be clear, posting in the forum is not opening a Support Ticket. Have you actually opened a ticket with support? If not you should do so.

Thanks for your your reply.

No, I have not opened a ticket and I'm fully aware that posting on this forum is not opening a ticket.

As previously mentioned, I have reverted back to the previous release version which has brought things back to normal. I'm not a beta tester and have learned a valuable lesson. I will not be updating anytime soon. I've lost valuable time with various projects.

Rather than going back and forth with emails from Kemper Support, asking me a myriad of questions ranging from, Which OS are you using, have you checked your cables, have you installed the latest update, are you using a hub etc.. I know for a fact that the my issues lies with the 10.2.0 update, as everything was working perfectly previously. You could say that I've lost some faith here.

As such, I will stick with OS 10.1.2 for now.

Kind Regards,

T

OS 10.2.0. has been an unmitigated disaster for me. After installing it, the gain and performance slots started changing when I pressed play on my DAW. I spent several days trying to figure this out, to no avail. There was absolutely no rhyme or reason for it. The only solution was to unplug the Kemper from my Mac.

I reverted back to 10.1 and things seem to be back to normal. I do not have the time nor the inclination to open support tickets and go back and forth whilst trying to record on a professional level. It simply takes up too much time. Consequently, I will not be updating in future.

UPDATE: After trying everything I could possibly think of to resolve my issues with 10.2.0 I finally had to revert back to Release version 10.1.2 and things are back to normal.

There is clearly a bug within 10.2.0 (at least on my setup) which I hope Kemper will look at.

After more experimentation, I am noticing that when I run my DAW, the slots are changing in performance mode. As previously stated, I don't and have never used midi. Everything was working fine for 6 years until I installed Beta 10.2.0 This is quite clearly a bug. To any mods reading this, please consider this as a "support ticket" as I will only state the same.

Kind Regards

Hello All,

I’m experiencing some very strange behavior since installing Beta 10.2.0.

When my Profiler head is while to my DAW (Logic Pro X) As soon as I hit play or record, the gain setting on my profiler starts increasing at both random points and random amounts during the course of the project. When I return to the beginning of the song, the gain setting returns to where it should be. This happens on ALL projects in both browser and performance mode.

I’m aware that Beta Version 10.2.0 has added midi to USB audio, but I must point out that I don’t and have NEVER used MIDI with the Profiler or Logic. I’ve tried everything I can think of to stop this, to no avail.

The only way I cant prevent this is by disconnecting the Profiler from my Mac. But then obviously I can’t use Rig Manager.

I don’t know if this a bug, but I could do with help!

Cheers T