Posts by Terrapin

Thanks for all the replies - much appreciated! I'm using a a Kemper Head with an Arturia Audio Studio Fuse Studio interface. If it's not not possible to listen to the reamping whilst listening to the other tracks in context, I don't see any point in reamping via USB. I may as well set up say, 10 tracks and record the same guitar track with 10 different amps and audition them separately whilst hearing them in context with the mix. Perhaps I'm missing something?

May I ask if this is a new iMac with a USB-C port?
    My experience is that the Kemper Amp has issues with USB 3 and USB-C, specifically when the iMac tries to send the USB port into Sleep Mode.
    I would recommend using a simple USB 2.0 hub in between and disabling the hard drive sleep setting in the Energy Saver section of System Preferences.

I will certainly give that a try!

Thanks for your reply. To be perfectly honest, I'd rather spend my time working on my projects in the studio and live performances rather than to-and-fro. I'll stick with what works for me now and accept the limitations.

No the original response was:

Hans (Kempermusic)

Aug 15, 2023, 22:56 GMT+2

thank you for sending the file. I have forwarded it to our developers. In the meantime please consider installing the 9.0.8 release version which you can download from our website.

With best regards,

Kemper Support

This appears to be an inherent problem across both Windows and Mac users that has been ignored.

I "opened a ticket" a couple of weeks ago and a gentleman called Hans suggested that I revert back to 9.0.8 I did and the problem still exists. He replied, stating that I should not use a hub or use USB cables longer than 2 - 3 meters. All of which I'm not. He asked me to reply with a DebugLog.txt file for their developers which I did.

I'm still awaiting a reply

Whilst I think it is fantastic that Kemper provide free updates to their product, it would would be good if they would address some of the more persistent issues that still remain.

I am sorry if my long winded response seems like I want to be argumentative. I actually totally agree with this. I didn’t mean to come across as lamenting the good old days or suggesting that anyone should down tools and surrender. Quite the opposite actually. I believe that the new technology offers opportunities for those that choose to embrace it and can develop strategies to exploit it as a means of getting their product to a target market. I chose the words Product and Market carefully and deliberately avoided ART and AUDIENCE as we are talking about professionals in the music BUSINESS who rely on music to pay the bills. For them it is definitely a business and needs to treated as such. Realising this and putting assign any pretensions of being an artiste is essential to finding a way to survive in the music business now as it always has been.

Your opinion is welcomed, valued and appreciation (by me at least 😎)

Not remotely argumentative my friend and no need to apologize whatsoever. I'm very grateful that you took the time to read my post and respond in such a gracious and thoughtful manner!

You make some excellent points, all of which I have taken on board and look forward to reading more. Hope to interact in future. All the best to you and yours!

Taylors a industry whore like the rest. Behind these people is usually a very talented artist but it gets overshadowed by the machine. I watched her movie an was surprised how good she is with just a guitar an a voice. Same as kate perry etc. But they become a whole show for the coin an suck satans wad. We are at a point now were these stars are gods to be worshiped an its not about music. Song writing is a tool for manipulation an not for enlightenment. But is that new? Its come out Britpop was steamrolled by the cia. The cia was responsible for the 60s hippie movement an the beatles an the like. Go look into Laurel Canyon an all the artists that came out of there an the cia connection. Seattle an grunge would have its puppet masters too. I had a friend in the industry an I remember him saying before it came, that in a year or 2 this thing called emo was going to be the next big thing, first it will be a 80s revival an then will turn into this wierd goth mxed with school girl crush thing. An here we are recycling the past. Its all planed. Love em or hate them the Kings of leon were the last true old style band in my eyes. Music is a society weapon more than ever now an there will be more idols spewed out the machine thats for sure. The genres have all been exhausted an recycled but the masses will have their heart strings pulled by something new, an now we got AI music the perfect songwriting equations will be used. Look at fenders recent approach who they are signing i mean wtf. Who that black dude that looks like he should be selling crack on the corner an all the luscifarian symbolisim. We are doomed. The times dictate society an the bands an well..... look around. I love 80s songwriting an would to see that come back but whos going to step up to the plate an do that? People are cool when they are original an not trying hard or to imitate. Anything from here is just going to look like a tribute band or recycled. Look at greta van fleet, I cant even watch em its so try hard an sad. I think real bands are going to secretly use AI for songwriting an we going to see some cool band music in the next few years. You will not know but there will suddenly be all this great music comin out an they will act like they wrote it in the basement.

I really don’t get the point of the OP’s post, particularly on this forum. Perhaps I’m wrong, but surely people here (on the private forum) have already purchased and are using the product. Maybe he is simply plugging the content creator for some reason.

The title, “I’m sure every Kemper user has watched this video” prefaced with “9.3 Million Views” is somewhat baffling. If he is sure that “Every Kemper user has watched the video, then why post it here? What is the motive?

Having read through some of the heated posts, my thoughts are these:

The amount of views a video of any description has, is not an indication as to how good or how successful the artist is. Indeed, a billboard on an America freeway or a flyer on a London tube station gets billions of views. So what? I’m sure a plumbing tutorial on youtube gets lots of views. It’s very easy to look at something and click the “Like” button, but in the grand scheme of things, its meaningless. Simply a construct by big tech to keep us all “engaged”

A poster here claimed that radio and CD sales are “dead”

I strongly disagree…

Yes, there has definitely been a decline over the years, but there has also been a resurgence in CD sales recently and certainly an increase in vinyl demand. As for radio, in my neck of the woods Sothern California, there are independent radio stations popping up playing classic rock. Live music venues are also on the comeback here and in the UK where I lived for quite some time.

Rather than down tools, lament the good old days of past decades and surrender to big tech, I strongly feel that we should do our best to keep music and guitar playing alive in context with this newly found ideology.

Of course, just my opinion.

With the USB method you have to solo the DI track, per the instructions, thereby not being able to hear other instruments while tweaking the tone to see how it fits in the mix with the other instruments.

I can make it work with SPDIF on an external interface given that there are multiple outputs.

Hmm, kind of useless if you can't reamp whilst listening to it in the context of a mix. I certainly hope this isn't the case!

I’m at my wits end here. .. After updating my head to OS 9 (the release version) there is no gain happening. It sounds as though I have plugged my guitar straight into my DAW, just digital distortion with a hint of delay and reverb. I hasten to add that there is NO sound any longer from my pair of Kemper Kabs via both the direct and monitor outputs.

Before I continue, I must stress that no changes were made prior to the update, which I find somewhat concerning.

I am on Rig Manager 3.4.32 and Profiler 9.0.5.45603

Here is a list of my troubleshooting efforts:

1. Three different guitars
    2. All cables have been changed
    3. Two sets of different headphones plugged directly into the Kemper
    4. Numerous reboots

Hopefully, I’m just missing something