Posts by Majmunx

I have no issue monitoring the signal of my guitar and the signal coming from the computer without any DAW opened on my MacBook. I can control the level of the audio signal that is coming from the Mac using the DAW volume parameter on the USB audio page on the Profiler. In order to work without a DAW I have assigned the Profiler to be the input and output in Audio settings of the Macbook system settings. The direct monitoring option in the Profiler is active to provide latency-free monitoring.

I literally did the same thing, nothing is happening, And I jus did again, disconnected everything but the USB to the Mac, and Mac connected to an HDMI TV

I assigned Profiler as input /output, and in another instance I assigned profiler as input and HDMI/Macbook Speakers as output: nothing.

Both computer I used without an interface. No sound, until I kick in loopback or DAW.

Direct monitoring is on. and I used the DAW volume too, doesn't seem to be doing anything, I can't hear it, and I see the signal is still there, but volume is unchanged regardless of setting. When I open Logic, I get the Kemper sound output thru logic monitoring, but DAW volume does nothing. only control I have over sound is the Rig volume. Recording and everything is working fine, even splitting into DI/Master Mono works fine.

But I am confused where you say it works for you, but at the same time you are saying "OSX is unable to forward the incoming sound from an external audio interface to its own headphones or internal speakers without a loopback app or a DAW."

If you mean only Kemper as the external interface? then how is it working for you WITHOUT a DAW? are you using LoopBack??

if you want to use more than one audio interface with one computer you either have to use software monitoring to pass the signal from the first interface to the outputs of the second interface or if you are on a Mac you can create an aggregated device to combine multiple audio interfaces into one big one.

nope,. it ain't the interface, I tried again on a MacBook Air laptop, directly to Kemper, no interface.

As I said, computer sees the PC, audio is recognized and there is a good signal, but no Audio unless there is a DAW with monitoring on, or other routing software that creates the same environment as the DAW and routes the input to the speakers.

Without it, no sound.

I don't know how people are saying it works on a Mac without a DAW. I tried tinkering with all the output settings on the Kemper, does not work.

With windows probably the AISO driver will act as the connection between the input and the speaker, but the Mac natively won't play a sound.

If someone has it working like that, please let us know. if it doesn't work I'll submit a request to have it or make a dedicated post.

if you want to use more than one audio interface with one computer you either have to use software monitoring to pass the signal from the first interface to the outputs of the second interface or if you are on a Mac you can create an aggregated device to combine multiple audio interfaces into one big one.

I tried this and it is not working

As I said all audio goes from the Kemper, and even comes back to it when I set profiler as output, or add it to the Mac as an aggregate device with the Apollo, it is detected by the Mac but no output from the temper itself, unless DAW is on and monitoring is activated, but as I am reading someone said he is trying it with out a DAW.

I am doubting that I need to give permissions of MICROPHONE to Kemper,

In case of UAD, the UAD controller software is given permission upon installation, and any software I add usually prompts for that, but the Klemperer did not prompt for that, and I don't know if possible.

Does anyone have the rig manager in their Microphone access? (Privacy page in sys preferences)

Can anyone please let me know how they are connecting? the config on their Macs?

I tried everything and nothing is working, if someone can tell how they are setup the Kemper with an existing interface and using USB only and with out a Daw, I'd appreciate it

I tried a multi output device but did not work, I'll try to mess with the aggregate thing. Thanks for the reply.

What do you have set as the output on your Mac? Set it to Profiler and see how that does.

The output is set as the UAD Apollo, and I tried it as HDMI, guitar is not coming out of these outputs.

I set it to profiler, it takes the sound of the computer back to the profiler and plays thru my cab (I also have a guitar cab connected to the profiler thru the profiler power amp) but the guitar is not played back into the cab, only Audio from Mac (apps/music/youtube/etc).

So the routing is there, (since profiler records too in DAW, and sounds originating from Mac are coming in) but the sound of the guitar is not coming out of the monitor, or back to the profiler (or the HDMI)

Even in the Sound Forge App, profiler is selected as input, and signal from the profiler shows normally, just nothing coming out.

I'll try to disconnect the UAD completely.

How ate you setting yours up? how do you send audio from to your monitors? no interface?

At least on a Mac, you can do what you ask. When I practice, I almost never have a DAW open.

I would think its possible on Windows.

I am having the same issue on a Mac, How did you get it to work?

Profiler connected to USB only, and I chose it as input, and my UAD Apollo is connected thru thunderbolt to a Mac and to monitors, which is the output

I can only hear the Kemper in Logic, while monitoring is switched on, there is a tiny bit of latency, I also got it to work using a routing app, LOOPBACK, but this is a longer routing, and it even has more latency than logic

There is no sound coming out of my speakers without a DAW or loopback.

I even tried a 2nd app too, soundforge, which provides on the fly simple routing, did not work either, I even bypassed the UAD Apollo, to see if it is the problem, and I let the output be my HDMI, computer audio comes out of the TV, but, but no guitar.

Can you share how you got audio to work on a Mac without DAW or other routing?

Hey man, Thanks the response, I think I used both, I'll double check that again when I am back near the amp.

1- Guitar Input, yes it is happening exactly like that.

2- effect loop return, I tried that, The problem is when I have something in the Return, and insert an FX loop mono, the amp says on the FX loop settings :" can not use effects loop while using the AUX in return", or similar, which is super weird because the only way to use the fx loop is to use the return input, but I think it is saying that cause I am not using the send possibly? but technically it shouldn't care about that and should work , or is it because I am doing the FX loop AND possibly have one of the AUX in volumes cranked,

3. I cranked up the one I was using, the master mono that outputs to my UAD aapollo and the monitor, and set the others to off, I also have the Kemper connected thru the Kemper's power amp to a celestion cab, so I just cycled thru them to check, sound is there but as you said no A/B, only when I have the back input alone (I'll confirm which one)

I'll double check all of this when I am back at my amp tonight, and will update.

Thanks a lot, I appreciate your help

It's not possible to feed one guitar into A/B and the other into C.... And it was never possible to use these two inputs as independent guitar inputs.

it is possible and I literally have TWO guitars connected to the Kemper right now, one in alternative input and one in the front. The Front starts from C when Parallel path is activated, I gave around 40 lessons using that rig. And I know the alternative goes to A==> B ==> OUTPUT

When I remove the front and keep ALT input, then A/B become activated for that input, but when I connect the 1st guitar in the front, the effects are not applicable in A/B anymore , but the guitar plays normally, and is still going thru that same path, unprocessed, because the front input is starting from C, so two guitars "work", but unless you have a moddler or some kind of sim, it will sound like a DI guitar, and this is how I began to use the iridium into that input of the Kemper and output connected to a FR direct with no PC or interface.

I was just wondering why the A/B are not working, my memory is vague about those and I mostly used the reverb pedal on that rig, so I got confused if they worked or not before OS 9, that is why I asked.

This is the signal flow of Parallel Path and has always been. The input signal - either coming from the front INPUT or the RETURN depending on the selected Input Source - flows into both pathes.

If your guitar plugged into the RETURN doesn't, you might be using the RETURN as Aux In feeding it's signal directly into the outputs.

Alright Thanks for the reply, so how do I make the 2nd guitar plugged into the return input use A and B? and the front input guitar use C+D+Stack + Mods at the same time? with sound coming out of the XLR output into a FR.

Also if I connect ONE guitar into the alternate or return input ALONE, then it works on the 2nd signal path (A and B only), and it ignores the main path, but once I connect the main guitar along with it, A and B stop functioning for both inputs, unless I dial back the parallel path knob then the front input guitar accesses A and B, but nothing happens for the return input.

Sorry if too cluttered, but I am pretty sure this is how I used it for a while while giving lessons as I had a different room for lessons and had to keep carrying stuff and my interface and laptop everytime which was a hassle, and then I discovered this so I only took my Kemper and the rig to the room and connected them into an FR without a PC or an interface.

I actually made a thread about it and got some help from here and this is how I got it to work in the first place , here is the thread.

Using AUX for a 2nd guitar rig using Iridium and playing Simultaneously

I am on the latest build, 9.0.5.45603

Before I updated to OS 9 (the one that added USB interface function), I usually used a 2nd guitar thru the return input, along with mine in the front input, when I give guitar lessons, or have a quick jam, I used a small guitar rig (OD, pedal sim amp -iridium- and a reverb pedal) for the other guitar, It is pretty efficient and I used the A/B slots for whatever effects I needed to add for the 2nd guitar.

But it has been a while since I have done that, but last time I did it worked, and after I updated to OS 9, I needed to use it in that manner again but it is not working, A and B are not doing anything at all for the other guitar in the return input, I also tried XLR and 1/4 inch return inputs, I fiddled with all the related controls, nothing is happening, the sound is coming thru from the 2nd rig, , but A/B are useless, also they are not being used by the main guitar signal path when I max the Parallel path Mix knob clockwise.

Is anyone else having this problem? Am I doing it right? or Am I missing something that changed when they added USB functionality?

THanks , I forgot to mention this is the no-audio jack iPhone, I have an older iPhone with an audio jack, where I tried this with an adapter, like you posted, but this did not work as it needs a TRRS, with three black rings, one for the mic, I wanted to buy a 1/8" to lightning, and do as you said but my problem is that I don't know how the newer iPhone will translate the signal coming in from an adapter with no TRRS.

Could you just use the headphone output with a simple 1/8" to 1/4" headphone adapter? I just bought a Lightning to 1/8" headphone cable, and it does work for me that way. Since the headphone output has it's own level setting, I was able to adjust how much signal came out. Was great, and easy with one cable. Did you want mono though?

Thanks! yes I think that sounds reasonable, i have the 1/4 to 1/8 mm adapter, but I do not know if it is TRRS or not, so I don't know if the 1/8 to lightning connecter will use this as a mic input or simply as a headphones output, yeah mono is fine for me. whichever, I just want the direct kemper sound into the phone directly.

I'll give it a try. thanks

RTM (read the manual).

MAIN OUTPUT (1)

These are your main stereo outputs. Use these outputs to connect to a mixing desk in a recording studio, or to the front-of-house mixer in a live situation. These outputs deliver the entire Rig: amp, cabinet, and all effects. You have a choice of XLR (balanced) or quarter-inch TS-jacks (unbalanced). The XLR outputs are protected against 48V phantom power fed by a mixing desk. However, you should avoid feeding phantom power into the PROFILER if you want the best audio quality. Like all inputs and outputs, it offers a ground lift to prevent a loop hum.

thanks, but I am asking specifically for the iPhone using the cables I mentioned, my concern is how the iPhone receives the signal, I can not find a mono 1/4 inch to lightning, these are the ones I found.

Hey all,

I want to stream thru instagram using the kemper, I had a trial run thru KPA XLR into my UAD Apollo, into a Mac and stream thru yellow duck and OBS software, very hectic and less than optimal experience and I can't see interactions/comments and so on.

I found an XLR to Lightning cable but pretty expensive, but there are TRS and mono 1/4 inch ones that I found that are pretty cheap, will these work thru the 1/4 inch outputs into my iPhone?

https://www.amazon.com/Certifi…d=1673373869&sr=8-10&th=1

https://www.amazon.com/Lightni…id=1673373869&sr=8-7&th=1

as you can see one is dual TRS and one is dual mono, I couldn't care for steroids much I can try and fins a single mono as well, I just want the temper sound going into the stream, and want to use my phone only with the kemper, keep it simple and see the viewers and comments.

Or would ut work if I use a simple 3.5mm TRRS female to lighting, with an adapter from 1/4 inch to 3.5mm, and a regular cable going out of the kemper?

Does anyone have know if this could work? and what is better the dual TRS or the dual mono setup .

Thanks

No, in that case the effect in Stomp A wouldn’t be receiving any signal as it would be before the guitar in the signal chain. It would be similar to having a Tube Screamer velcroed to the front of your guitar sitting between the strings and output jack but with no cables.

;( we should all sell all our gear and do just that, it is so analogue that it does not even require cables ;(

Thanks so much for taking the time and replying ma, this is so useful !

I will try the parallel path and the way I was suggesting and will share the results here to which sounds better, this will make lessons setup a breeze.

Cheers and all the best, Rock on!

Hey Alan, thanks a lot for the reply.

So after selecting parallel path, I make A an FX block and I just connect iridium output in Return input? and then I can use B as a part of a signal chain block for the iridium only ? like adding delay /eq/ rev or others?

If that is correct? what if I place the FX block in stomp B? can I put a drive before that in stomp A? or it doesn't't work that way?

How about the way I mentioned, will it work too without having to do a parallel path and just use the iridium with the physical pedals ?

Thanks a lot!

Hi All,

I saw tutorials and read about using the RETURN unit as an AUX input for MP3 playback for example, while playing along with your guitar thru the main input, and sending the signal to a FR, monitor or an interface.

But is it possible to connect another guitar with a small rig through that input and play with a 2nd guitarist that is connected through the main input. One would be using the Kemper and its effects signal chain, and the other would be using the iridium (with a small rig of a tiny pedal board of a BB preamp and a reverb pedal ) and we output to the same monitor, will the Kemper handle this? (or will the monitor to handle since everything will be coming at it from one source)? or would this be clipping and mangled and cause damage to either?

The reason I am asking is because I have one Audio Interface, but the Kemper is in a different room with a monitor only where I give guitar lessons, I don't want to keep unhooking the Audio interface back and forth, just to connect another guitar, or keep moving my tube amp back and forth and looking for a permanent solution without using a basic interface or adapters anything else, Did anyone try something similar before?

Thanks!

Thanks Paul, I'll give it a shot, I think I tried that but as the light flashed I pressed the same slot that I programmed, and nothing happened, maybe I will try to program, then save, move to another slot, and then start the saving procedure on iridium and go back to that slot, I think it might work.

Program a MIDI PC number to a Performance Slot, on the same MIDI Channel as the Iridium. Store it. When you select that Performance Slot, it will send the PC to the Iridium.

Thanks man, That worked, I had to go to another slot, the set up the iridium, initial saving and go to another slot, worked so easily! Thanks a lot mate!