Posts by Jerrold

Hi,

I'll get right to the point: The Kemper sounds great on distorted settings when I sit and play it straight through my monitors. It sounds great on distorted settings when I am monitoring it while recording with my DAW (Cubase 10). When I play them back, those distorted recordings sound much less than great. The best way that I can explain it is that the recorded distorted guitar sound looses depth and becomes somewhat harsh. I have tried both analog and S/PDIF outputs. I have experimented with different gain staging. I have tried different sample rates and bit depths. I have up to date equipment (most recent Mac mini and Apollo Twin quad mk ii). I see nothing wrong with my connections. It is my understanding that I should be hearing the same sound on playback that I heard going in. I am not. Any insight would be greatly appreciated. Thanks and God bless.

Hi. My Kemper sounds great. My buddy bought his before me, and after using it for a while, especially with the Michael Wegner profiles, I was hooked and had to get the setup for myself (including the Wegner samples). Once again, the rig sounds great, however I am noticing a fair amount of harshness, particularly in the sibilant frequencies, as well as a loss in the dimension of sound on playback, more so than on the lower quality direct gear I was using previously. I am only having this problem with distorted electric guitar. Any suggestions/insight would be appreciated. Thanks and God bless.