Posts by amosmax

Burkhard

So, I thought this was solved, but it reared its head again. This time I was able to reproduce it, but that doesn't mean I understand what's going on.

The attached video shows one way of how I was able to reproduce the issue, but it seems to happen at random other times as well.

Video

To recap: I have a wah for every performance patch using the right pedal with bypass@toe. The morph difference on #2 is just a volume boost.

Any ideas? Should I open a support ticket?

Thx - M.

From my experience, the Kemper does not act as a DCHP server. It sends discovery packets at startup and will use an external server if found (e.g. your AP). If no server responds it falls back to the so-called "link-local" network range.

You're referring to an APIPA address, right? That makes sense.

That also tells me my setup is not going to work. I got a TPLink PoE switch so I wouldn't have to use a PoE injector. Also got the PoE powered MicroTik maP, which has a super small footprint. Unfortunately, the maP only works in router or Bridge mode. In Bridge mode the DHCP server is disabled and in router mode the communication between the wireless and wired networks is NATed.

On my Android tablet it looks like the app is using broadcasts to discover the Kemper, so that's not going to work across a router/NAT, and in bridge mode my tablet won't get an IP address, which means I'd have to enter an APIPA address manually every time. Also, the power brick for the TPLink is at least as big (if not bigger) as the switch.

(listing all this info in case someone else is researching/trying the same thing).

I saw your setup on the thread Syntek mentioned. What PoE injector is that? Looks like it has a pretty small footprint. And are the power supplies for the GL.iNet and the PoE injector the black and yellow bricks right above above the PoE?

Hey All,

before anyone responds with "through an ethernet cable", let me explain:

Is the communication between the Head/Rack and the remote IP based (layer 3), or some proprietary Layer 2 connection? If layer 3, that would mean that either the Head/Rack includes a DHCP/BOOTP server, or the Head/Rack and remote are hardcoded - ??

I'm asking because I'm considering adding an access point to my rack and am wondering how to configure the communication (tablet to AP to Rack)

Thx in advance - M.

Burkhard

So, it looked like the calibration was correct, but I went ahead and calibrated it again anyway. My issue did not happen during our practice session that night, but as I mentioned before, it was somewhat random to begin with.

Is there a way to visualize the actual numerical (midi) values on the pedal position somewhere?

Wheresthedug Kim_Olesen

Tried the bypass@stop - doesn't work for me. It removes the ability to do the "Zakk Wylde - half-cocked" sound ....

Hey All,

I'm considering replacing the Marshall 8008 I have right now with a Fryette LX II.

Anyone here use (or used) one? Opinion?

Also curious to find out if there are any heat issues/considerations. My rack is full and I don't usually open up the rear (patch bay on front).

Thx in advance!

Marcus.

All - thank you for your help!

Kellerblues that sounds plausible, but how do I do that (enable pedal to activate)

Burkhard No, I did not calibrate the pedal. On any individual Rig, the toe position "activates" bypass, so I just assumed that the pedal was calibrated correctly. I will double check.

Again - on any individual rig everything works as it should. It's on Rig-changes (example: in performance mode, from "1" to "2" on the remote) when this randomly happens. I'll try to reproduce and get a video of it ....

Hey All,

So, I recently changed my board a bit and added two Dunlop mini pedals. They're great space savers and feel just like a big pedal (at least to me).
    Unfortunately, it seems the Kemper is not tracking the pedal position correctly. I have a wah configured for most of my rigs with the toe-position-bypass option enabled. However, on occasion I will change rigs and the sound will have the wah in a "half-cocked" position, even though the pedal is all the way forward.

Sorry for the long-winded intro, but I figured what I'm asking wouldn't make sense otherwise. Anyone have an idea what the problem may be? Is there a way to force the Kemper to "assume bypass" on an effect after a program change?

Thx in advance for help and/or pointers! You guys all rock 🤘

M.

<...>

Therefore, you would need to assign the wah on/off to a separate footswitch (either I - IIII or an external switch which are cheap as chips an can be very small).

<...>

Yeah - I used to do that on my old rig (ADA MP2 with Lexicon MPX). Had a preset that included a Wah. One step to many for my taste (as opposed to not having to move my foot with the Mission).

That being said, I'm considering using the 'heel-off' setting for the/a Wah pedal. The Dunlop Mini looks good, but I'm concerned that the pedal might be too small for a 'proper wah-feel'. Could you do me a favor and measure the width of the base of the Zoom FP02? I'm finding differing info on the Interwebs.

Thx in advance!

Marcus.

Hey all,

my apologies if this has already been discussed/answered.

I've become quite fond of the Volume/Wah combo using a single pedal with a built-in footswitch. My only gripe is that the Mission has quite a footprint on my board. Anyone know of a smaller alternative?

Thx in advance!
    M.

Hey All,

trying to import a few TJ rigs into Rig Manager (not connected to a Kemper - yet).

I used to do this all the time - copy paste into a local library folder, then plug in my Kemper and try them out.

Getting "one or more item(s) is damaged beyond repair and could not be imported"

Re-downloaded from the TJ site - no difference.

Anyone have a tip here ??

Rig Manager 3.2.72.17272

Thx in advance for help and/or pointers!

Marcus.

Hey ST,

thx for the reply. My 4x12s are still in storage (on "Corona-break"), but I have a couple of dates coming up - just wanted to be prepared.

On the profiles, I figured that would be the case. I'm not a vintage purist, so I'll just play it by ear (literally! ;)).

Thx again - M.

Hello All,

I have an unpowered rack unit and am trying to set up stereo to FoH and stereo to a pair of guitar cabs (monitor+direct out to a guitar power amp) at the same time.

Could someone confirm that my settings for this are correct (see attached)? I'm asking because what I'm seeing on my display differs from what I've seen on the Interwebs on this topic (the Direct Output menu item is grayed out).

Also, I've read through the comments about how Direct Profiles vs Merged Profiles interact with the cab emulation etc. I'd appreciate any comments on real-world experiences - i.e. noticeable yes/no or any other comments.

TIA - M.