Posts by ShaunSova

Hey guys -

So many of you loved the profiles I made a couple years back of my Supro Black Magick and I promised to make some more. Well... better late than never! I have acquired several more amps and finally got around to profiling them for studio and live use. Here is a quick video running through just a selection of the sounds.

The amps in question:

-Budda Superdrive 18

-Morgan RCA35

-Custom build modded JCM 800

-Orange Rocker 30

Profiles available at shaunsova.com

Hope y'all enjoy and if you have any questions, shoot me an email [email protected]

Watch the Video HERE

Just renamed the file extensions last night. Loaded fine. Sound awesome, will be scoring some others!

Awesome. Yeah the Morgan RCA35 Profiles are my main live/practice profiles right now. They sound so good and just like the real thing. The 1st set of profiles are set up like Plexi, bright in-your-face rock and roll (try P90s with these profiles if you got 'em). The 2-1:2-5 set are more like a fender amp. low end is back and mids are scooped. Both of those were running through 2x12 vertical cab with creambacks. the third series run through a Vox cab with mids pushed. Great AC-style tones.

Just picked up your Modded JCM800 and Morgan packs. Not at home to load them up, but noticed while the JCM profiles have the usual ".kipr" file extension, the Morgan profiles have a ".krig" file extension. Wondering what's up with that? Looking forward to checking some more of your stuff out!

I noticed that too - send me an email at [email protected] if they don't load for whatever reason. I'll reupload and send them to you ASAP. I just pulled them straight out of my Rig Manager after updating to the latest patch. Not sure if that's related or not. Either way, let me know.

It has been a long time but I have profiled the rest of the amps in my collection and decided to toss them on my website. Those amps include:

-Modded JCM800 (handwired by a local amp guru in Detroit)

-Orange Rocker 30 (this amp has a cult following and its obvious why once you play one)

-Morgan RCA35 (a chameleon workhorse studio amp)

-Mesa Fillmore 50 (Fender DR on steroids)

-Budda Superdrive 18 Series II (Pre-Peavey)

Enjoy!

but what is the advantage of using the ox for profiling

beside the quietness during the process ??

I'm only guessing because I don't own an Ox, but I suppose it's the ability to change speakers, and mics, along with moving the mics around the cab etc, all with a mouse.

^ ^ ^ what this guy said. It's like being able to take your favorite amps to the best room of the best studio with the best mics/pres and being able to profile as much as you want. Unless you have an incredible room and all those mics/cabs/pres, the Ox is a fantastic tool for profiling.

Certainly beats the pants off most people shoving a 57 on the cone of their amp in their two bedroom apartment and profiling.

I have both and love both, but I actually use the Ox to make Kemper profiles of my amps. The Ox has an incredible room control on it and wonderful selection of mics and cabs and I just use all of that to make my profiles and it sounds incredible. The profiling process is quiet and I can make many profiles back to back with relative ease and no need to physically change mics/pres/cabs/etc.

Mine only has experienced crashes while plugged into my laptop running Rig Manager. Once I got it out of the boxes, loaded up my studio profiles, set up my performances, I haven't had the need to plug it back in and it has been as stable as ever. No issues. :)

Picked up a Stage at launch immediately, this unit checks all the boxes for me. Portable, all-in-one, and profiling. Amazing.

I got rid of my Kemper about a year ago and tried out Fractal Axe III, which ended up being more than I needed. Couldn't be happier to be back in the Kemper camp with all my old profiles. What's great is I kept all the profiles I created of my studio amps, some of which I don't even own anymore, so it's like reuniting with multiple old friends all at once. Fantastic.

Some of the best Neck pick up start tones for double stops, especially Drit 2 Shaun...
    Worked with out tweaking for me on my Seymour Duncan Strat pick ups, really enjoying the double stop licks with this man.

Now if only those Helix packs on the site were kemper :P:D
    Shaun really good work man, you captured some usable tones no doubt. :thumbup:

Ash

Thank you! I hope to post a few other amps in the future. I never think I'll be the next big profile site, but hey, maybe I'm good for a few niche profiles off in my secret corner of the internet.

The amp (being recreated after Page's) is most certainly a tone monster with single coils.

Other amps hanging around my house right now are a Vox AC15, Fender Blues Jr., and Egnater Tweaker 40. If anyone has interest in those, let me know. I think there are quite a few AC15/Blues Jrs out there already, so maybe its not worth the effort.

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Supro Martinique into Ananashead Effects Tone Bender Mk III clone into Supro Drive into Catalinbread Topanga into the Shaun's great Black Magick Clean 2 profile, one of my all time favs❤️

Sounds great man! Nice playing