Posts by DannyEvil

I spent 4 months tweaking the hell out of my Axe-Fx II just to get a decent tone.

Yesterday, I finally got a Kemper. I spent 4 hours from unboxing to recording amazing tones without tweaking a single profile except for moving the gain knob a tad. It was everything I was searching for!

In my opinion, the Axe-Fx is missing the organic feel and upper harmonics of a tube amp. This may be due to cabinet IR's in general.

Hi,
    Can you post the same samples with few diff amps and cabs from Axe? Also Diezel. EVH, etc... ?

Stay Metal!

For sure. I will post something up before throwing the Axe-Fx on Reverb. I would keep it for an effects unit, but my wife would probably kill me. :pinch:

I also wanted to make a video just on the famous Bulb patch for Axe-Fx. If you load it up now it sounds like garbage. The way the firmware works makes patch sharing almost useless.

After a few months of struggling to get the tone I was after with the Axe-Fx II, I got a Kemper. I wish I would have done it from the beginning.

The tones are so good on this. I feel like I am playing a mic'd up amp. It is very organic. The sound is so much fuller than the Axe!

I recorded some STL and ToneHammer profiles for a test run. I didn't edit a single profile which amazes me after the hours I would have to spend tweaking the Axe-Fx to get a decent sound.

Marc's Bass patch from the free pack is great!

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

My problem now is deciding on which tone to track with!