Posts by grappagreen

All,

Any known issues with the above?

Unusually I had my Mac connected to my KPA yesterday during practice as I was playing with some profiles etc. The unit locked up twice during a couple of hours - only thing I could do was power cycle to get running again.

Once I disconnected the USB I didn't have the issue again..

Regards,

Simon

Having spent pretty much my whole life listening and watching the band it's tough to see probably the greatest rock rhythm player go..

So sad..

Listened to two hours of their songs yesterday..

Si

Thanks for the responses all.

I've got some time in the studio on 18th and will be building a set of merged profiles. Only profiled using Direct and Studio prior so hopefully shouldn't be too hard to do this. Range of mics and some decent pre's so be interesting to see what I can get out of it!

I'll post on RE so peops can have a play..

Si

All,

Let me start by stating that I LOVE my Kemper and XITONE setup. Haven't looked back since I got it. My valve amps are gathering dust and for my live work I'm getting as good a sound as I ever have with total consistency. Ticks all my boxes and I'll never go back.

Last week with the band however our new bass player mentioned he'd got some old Marshall thing he'd been given and bought it over last night - it turned out to be an early 70's 1959! 100 watts of 'sod master volume' insanity..

After we'd played though the set, for shits and giggles I plugged it onto a 2 x 12 V30 loaded cab I had bought over, jumpered the inputs and fired it up. OMG...

The difference in feel and response from my regular Kemper squeeze seemed pretty profound. I'm running the MBritt packs btw which are great...

Anyone else found this or found a way to get the Kemper closer? Am I just imagining things?... I've borrowed the head for a couple of weeks (with a promise to BIAS the thing as an incentive). I can see me falling out with the wife over the next few days!

Let the roar begin..

Regards,

Si

Had a great time with the 65 Luxe Verb last night out of the Sweet 16 pack.

Set up a performance with the various profiles going from clean, crunch to heavy(ish!) and had a blast with my Tele.

Very dynamic and sounds fab.. splash of reverb and in tone heaven..

Another moment with the other band members going 'are you kidding'!

Happy days :)

Si

Hi all,

Due to the demise of our bass player looks like I'm going to be taking over bass duties in my band for a bit.

Was going to grab a combo until it struck me that the KPA could do what I needed!

Do you think I would have any issues with using my XITONE MBritt cab for this? Obviously don't want to damage it!

Regards,

Si

Just my 10 cents..

I ran my KPA through a really nice 2 X 12 cab with V30's for 6 months before finally going for a XITONE Britt FRFR cab.

I'd expected the vast range of profiles to give me wide sonic palette however the cab stamped such a string sonic signature on all of the amp profiles that in some ways it diminished one of the key reasons for buying the thing in the first place (but in no way all of the reasons!).

Once I got the XITONE running then I finally got what I was looking for and I'll never go back. My backline means I know (almost!) exactly what's going to FOH and going direct means no arguing about micing cabs etc etc..

I use MBritt stuff mostly for live however would also point out that Mike pretty much uses the same cab/mics on his profiles so to a certain extent even these through FRFR have some similarity. That's a good thing in my opinion as there's some built-in continuity to my sound as I run through my live rigs (but not enough to detract)

I really noticed the impact of speakers/can/mics/placement on tone when I started to mess with my RZ direct profiles and Tills cablab cabs; up until this point I had no real idea about how significant an influence this is. Sinmix talks about this constantly and he's right!! It also made me realise finally that most amp designs are very similar and I would argue it's the 'feel' of the amp that changes more than the tone between designs..

The long and short for me was that FRFR was the right way and I couldn't be happier.

Si

I can confirm the same issue here.

When I have my MacBook connected and running rig manager I will get a lockup and the remote states no connection and then blacks out. KPA is operational but unresponsive.

I've disconnected the Mac in the past and on occasion it all comes back to life. Not always however.

I've never experienced a lockup without my Mac connected.

Si

I bought a TS210 and I didn't really get on with it tbh. Great value for money but way too boomy (better off the floor) and the high end grated on me.

I ended up running a regular cab until I could afford a XiTone which is killer but obviously a different price point.

Si

Personally I really like the idea of merged profiles given that when I first started with my Kemper I was using a regular V30 loaded cab. Never really liked the fact that the cabdriver (monitor cab off) was an 'emulation' of the cab/mics and hence I stayed away from Studio profiles.

Having said that once I'd got hooked on Mike Britts profiles (and was still using my regular cab) I bit the bullet and had to use cabdriver and tbh I still got great results.

If I had a choice I'd prefer to buy merged but there aren't a great deal of them and it's damn hard to find out if a profile is studio/direct/merged sometimes!

I've now gone FRFR and hence not so much of an issue for me..

Si