Posts by oceantracks

Sometime back I set up my Roland Expression pedal with my Kemper rack. It seemed to work easily, most of the time it was a volume pedal but if there was a wah wah involved it would work for that too.....now that I'm using the Rig Manager Editor, I see that it's trying to do both at the same time, if I add a wah pedal to a given amp. Trying to do volume AND wah.

Can anyone advise how to set this up so that I can easily flip back and forth between it working as a wah or a volume pedal?

Thanks much!

I last updated my Kemper over Summer I believe. I use it only in studio and have been waiting for the Editor to stabilize enough to start learning.

What version of software in the Kemper and the Rig Manager/Editor should I try? I'm on Mac....I assume I have to use the USB stick to update the Kemper itself?

Sorry kind of a novice here with the Kemper still....

thanks

Tom

I read the initial posts on the release of the editor, saw a lot of people speaking of bugs and whatnot, and decided to wait a few weeks until things settled down enough that it would be stable to use (I'm on Mac).

Could anyone tell me where to download the editor and required software update that should be used, and indeed whether you think it's stable to use yet?

Thanks so much very excited to try!

I will say that when I got the Kemper and the AX8 here together, I had to buy one of them, couldn't afford both.

Once I tried a few patches out on each, quality wasn't a question, but the Mac AX8 editor made it so wonderful and fast for studio work that I took the AX8. When I heard it was discontinued a few weeks back, I sold it, and this time got the Kemper because I had heard there was going to finally be an editor. I really feel like overall the Kemper sounds more...I don't know, like I expect and amp to sound. And I love knobs on the front for basic bass, treble and so on. It's a friendly machine for the most part, but once the editor comes out I'll be 100 per cent happy. Just glad to know it's coming sometime!

I realize there is a video for this but OK I'm slow, it didn't help much.

I have a Roland EV5 Expression Pedal. I have it plugged into input 1 on the Kemper Rack. It does seem to work for volume.

With my former module, the AX8, I could tell the unit to look for my expression pedal on a given input when I wanted the wah effect. It seems there maybe a way to do this on the Kemper somewhere in System, but I have not been able to make any sense of it.

Is there a step by step some kind hearted patient person could give me to get this up and running, so that I can easily tell it to control the wah, OR the volume depending on needs?

Thanks much

Tom

Only have had my new Kemper Rack up for about an hour, slowly finding my way around.

It seems there are dedicated positions for volume and wah pedals, and I have just one, a Roland EV5. On the AX FX, you could use the onscreen editor software on the Mac to choose the WAH or VOL source, which was in my case EXP pedal one input, as it is now on the Kemper. I would simply switch between them as needed.

I THINK you can do this on the Kemper from what I'm reading, by going in to SYSTEM settings and switching it as needed as well, but when I press SYSTEM SETTINGS I page all the way to PEDAL 1, but at that point have no idea what to press to set it at WAH. No buttons seem to do anything?

Any help appreciated!

Thank you all!

It's funny because initially I had purchased the Fractal AX8. Great unit. I had the Kemper and the Fractal side by side here.

The main reason I chose the Fractal was because of the incredibly useful editing software, which made adding and effect as simple as can be, right onscreen. I did have slight preference for the actual sound of the Kemper. Definitely sounded more earthy and authentic.

But when I read recently that an editor is coming for Kemper, and then Fractal stopped making the AX8, I thought it was time to move to the Kemper. And it's form factor for someone not needing a floor unit is much better being a rack. Gonna be looking for Black and Brownface Fenders, a Vox or the like, and a hi gain Mesa type thing. Pretty much would cover my needs! Thanks and Im sure I'll be back with a dumb question or two!

Tom