Posts by dredlock007

Ok thanks for your reply. I might also switch back to 8.7.3. That version worked also perfect for me.

Updated my Powerhead to the latest OS today and having the same problem. Switching slots in perf. mode takes up to 3 seconds. This was never the case before and is now the reason i'll turn on my Mesa Boogie MKIV combo after 5 years i think. Will perfoming old skool again, can't play with the band with this latency. Hopefully this will sort out soon with an update. In the meanwhile the Kemper is off duty...

Just got mine!!! and first impressions, wowwwwww this Kabinet sounds killer.... i never touched my Mesa Boogie Mark IV after i bought the Kemper Powerhead, and always played over the DXR10, but hearing de Kabinet/Kone, im afraid my Mesa wont see the sunlight ever again.... damZz i hope to make a video later this day. off to work now ;)

For a long time I had great sound through my DXR10 but in my studio it sounded dramatically bad through my KRK VXT6 monitors.After checking everything and encountering no differences in the output sections, I was desperate. But now I know what it was ... My Main Output is on Master Stereo, however, I did not set my Audio Interface correctly. Both channels entered the interface but were not separate from each other, one far left and the other right balanced.As a result, both channels were doubled in stereo, resulting in an bad disapointing sound. I'm glad that I now have good sound and maybe others are running into this too. So I thought I should share it ;-)Respect,

It doesn't cut off immediately, there is a lag but yes you have to keep it moving.

This slight issue for me totally outweighs the " have I switched it on/off?" problem that you get with a regular crybaby when trying to click the toe switch...to the point where previously I used a wah plate and then later modified it with a touch switch ( lots of drilling and wires)..

Yes i know there is a lag but i want to be able set this myself. For me having to switch the wah is what I'm used to and never had problems with it. But that's just personal. So for me there is no real problem it would only be a neat feature for me personally. Cause the slight issue for you is a big issue for me. That's the beauty of being just human :D

I have taken the switch out of the crybaby and I'm using "touch" for on and off. So much easier as its instantly available and takes the guess work out of whether its on or off..

Not sure you can get the switch working anyway with this mod..

Turning on and off by touch is indeed a nice way to control the effect. This would only be an option for me personally if I can influence the time of switching off. (after I have stopped moving the pedal). If I use a slow sweep, it switches on and off while playing. Switching off is therefore too fast and I would like to set this up slower in time.

dude that's EXACTLY what I'm going after! that's what I'll create. Where is the remote pedal stored in? the guitar gig bag?

I'm thinking about buying the Laney IRT-X since it's under £400 and it has very good reviews. the Yamaha DXR10 is like £550 here in the UK

Everyting goes Into the kemper bag. The Kemper, Kemper Remote, expression pedal ep1, a crybaby wah modded as expression pedal and the kabels.

For me this is the best setup. Inears is something I "can't"/don't want to play with. I want to hear the band and my guitar sound in the "open air". Otherwise it's like I'm listening to a CD and for me that's not the sound I like when I'm live onstage. But that's different for everybody I guess. So the Dxr10 is compact and lightweight enough for me and sounds awesome.

Welcome Steph,

I was also anti-digital and couldn't believe that there was something non tube that sounds the same or even better than my Mesa Boogie MKIV which I'm in love with for many years. But sinds I've got my kemper I never turned my Mesa On and even thinking about selling it...

The biggest fear for me was if kemper could reproduce the feel and attack of a tube amp. And I think it's there for a minimal of 90% but the rest is neglected against the overall benefits of the Kemper. I think that at some point you get so used to it that you don't even know the difference anymore.

Greetings from another kemper user from Holland.
    (Instagram: #amarguitars)