Posts by olisidecar

I use the same hybrid set up as you describe: powered Kemper into a 4 x 12 and the monitor output into the power section of a Hughes and Kettner Switchblade driving a second different spec 4 x 12.

I’ve never been happy with any of the amp distortions I’ve tried as there’s a nasty fizz to them all at high volumes, even through the tube amp. I’ve settled on a heavily edited Friedman BE100 profile.

I’m constantly tempted to try a different amp set up. Only the portability and routing solutions keeps me with the Kemper, which to be fair are good reasons to stick with it.

Hi Guys,

Just thought i'd share this video that my band made during this difficult time - like lots of other bands are doing, we've tracked a song from our debut album and edited together a video from our respective locations. You might just be able to see the Kemper I used in the background - for my rhythm part the profile is based on a Friedman BE100 with the transpose parameter at -3 and some corrective EQ to restore the top end.

The song is called 'Burn Them Alive' and you can find more about us at our website: deadblondestars.com. Hope you like it!

Burn Them Alive

Not possible.

And even if it was possible, you would undermine the power of the Kones by adding speakers that would not change the sound.

This is like bringing Sauce Bernaise to the restaurant and adding it to every course. You would have the chef visiting your table before dessert ... :)

I hope you get my point, there is nothing bad about Sauce Bernaise ...

Thanks for the info ckemper.

I appreciate your point, but I still think that in certain circumstances such as a recording environment the ability to blend different speaker types within the same cabinets would be a cool feature. As I’m sure you know, many guitarists use mixtures of speakers in their cabinets, and the ability to change the sound (imprint) of some speakers whilst maintaining others would be really great – if a bit indulgent!

Still I appreciate that it would be technically difficult.

My point was how will the Kone work in a mixed speaker context, i.e. 2 x regular speakers and 2 x kones in the same cab?

How will having the Kone setting activated in the kemper influence the signal going to the regular speakers.

In other words, will using a mix of kones and regular speakers be an incompatible situation?

Thats a good question, and may even be a trade secret? In any case, If I buy a pair of speakers (Kones) is there something I must do to activate them, or will the KPA instantly recognize them?

Good point – also, if I install two kones into a 4x 12 cab with two regular speakers, will the kones still be recognised?

Hi Antonio F,

I’ve experienced a similar problem over the years with my Kemper – obviously with the cabinet module switched on and running into a real cabinet the sound becomes more muddy, as you are imposing a cabinet simulation on top of a real cabinet.

However, I also find a lot of the profiles to sound very brittle and harsh when the cabinet is turned off.

I have yet to find a solution for this, but more than once it’s made me think about returning to real tube amps. At the moment I’m using my Kemper more as a sophisticated patchbay than a great sounding unit.

If anyone can enlighten me as to how to remedy this situation I’d be grateful!

I'd really love to replicate the Dunlop 105Q Cy Baby Bass Wah. I used it previously on regular guitar and it's my favourite. Why more wah's aren't spring-loaded I'll never know...

Hello all,

Currently I'm using my Kemper Powerrack in the following set-up:

• Speaker out > 4 x 12 cabinet
    • Monitor out > Effects return of 100W amplifier power section > 2nd 4 x 12 cabinet

No problems so far; everything sounds great...

Recently, my band has tried to provide the drummer with in-ear monitoring, so we're sending our instruments to an unpowered mixing desk that runs our main PA system. So, on top of the outputs listed above, I've tried to send signal from my Kemper to a line-in on a mixing desk channel.

The problem is this: no matter which output I try to send to the desk - Main Output L or R, Direct send, or even Headphone, I end up with some direct-sounding fuzzy signal being added to my main speaker output.

My understanding was that any combination of outputs on the Kemper could be used simultaneously and independently, so why is this fuzzy cross-talk appearing in my main speaker out signal?

Thanks for any ideas or advice!

Oli

Hello all,

Does anyone know what happened to the PITCH Sitar Wide 2 rig, previously in the Bill Ruppert rig pack?

I'm trying to recreate a sitar sound (obviously) and this would have been very handy. Unfortunately it sems to have been removed from the "revised" pack, and I can't find a trace of it anywhere...

Any knowledge or advice would be most welcome!

Thanks,
    Oliver