Posts by Tonton

from the manual:

• A signal on the Aux Input fed to the MONITOR OUTPUT by using the “Aux In >Monitor” control will be processed by
    the KEMPER Kone intelligence as well. It will always be processed in full-range mode, even if you play your Rigs in
    Speaker Imprint mode (Monitor Cab Off active).

• The ultimate KEMPER Kone setup: Play guitar along to the stereo input using the speaker imprints, while the music
    plays full-range, through the same cabinets.

I really enjoy the Kabinet and always use imprints, actually just switched to stereo Kabinet.

I was actually bit forced to focus more on Cab sound, because that is still the direct recording sound and the difference can be huge!

Your other parameter settings triggered me, don't really use them so revisited them a bit

I see you use some pure cabinet in FR mode that apparently would give more direct cab sound, it filters some mic caused effects from the profile

With imprint i see you use a lot of Directivity, which is the direct cone center sound instead of more wooly out of axis sound

And even though picture is imprint on, seems Sweetening is average with FR, i like it bit over half gives it bit loudness on lower volumes.

How are your considerations with these dials?

You have sort of general rule / preference or see just dial case by case

I'm curious if anyone has or had a Mission Gemini 2 FRFR and also the Kemper Kabinet. _- If so would you recommend making the switch to the Kabinet?

Tonejunkie would know, he was a big fan of the Gemini, but then completely switched to Kabinet. What i can say is that i prefer always the imprints above the FRFR cab sims... so the imprint part is really an added value and definitely not a gimmick.

The Kone FRFR setting is only selectable with the Profiler, as the Profilers DSP is used to "flatten" the GFR response of the Kone. Try playing through the Kabinet/Kone without the setting switched on in the Output menu and you'll hear what you'll experience with any other piece of gear going through the Kabinet/Kone.

ah didn't know yet, that standard input is not FRFR like. No problem will stick with the Kemper in stereo, love this machine!

Really love my Kone Kabinet, always use the imprints.

That's actually a flaw for recording because there you still use the profile cab.. pretty logical but didn't think so much about it.

Anyway just ordered a 2nd Kone Kabinet for stereo :)

I have a powerhead but yeah mono, so ordered also a Harley Benton GPA400. pretty cheap D class amp, good enough for at home and important that it is without fan. I'm sure it will rock in stereo!

Also hope this setup is also usable for a potential Quad Cortex, that i may also try in future. Hope it goes well with the Kone FRFR setting.

Still in doubt how to go best to stereo again, before had a HS8 setup. but really liked the Kemper cabinet.

I have powered Kemper and want to use a Slash SL5 (by adding a Kone speaker) for stereo setup....

Best would be the british audio fix to make the internal poweramp stereo again, but don't want to ship it to US.

Alternatively a Poweramp 700.. pretty expensive, or two bam200 :)

if i had a non powered profiler would have gone already for the stereo campliflier

and i'm sure Kemper one day goes stereo... but days are long at Kemper :P

Coming from an active HS8 stereo monitor set with sub, to a kemper kone cabinet in mono for home usage.

love the whole kone thing but now i’m in mono.

have a Marshall SL5 doing nothing could put a kone in there or buy an extra kone cabinet for stereo but then need to bypass my poweramp and buy an external stereo one :cursing:

bit silly

or wait for an active stereo cab.....

best would be the mod that tonejunkie mentioned, looks really clean.

But ‘british’ audio is in ehmm US :|

https://britishaudio.com/produ…-300w-stereo-modification

so my feature request how to get my poweramp stereo again, can’t Kemper provide a mod/upgrade or instruct a partner how to manage these mods?

thanks!

Still pity the poweramp is not stereo.

Always enjoyed a HS8 with sub HS8S in stereo at home and now switched to the kemper cabinet and sold the monitor set.

Really enjoying to play around and the sound of the cabinet, but once there is a Kemper stereo cabinet will go for that, pity is that i know already that won't work with the internal amp.

So stuck with a powered version, which is a waste for the poweramp version and could have used the profiler or the floor version.

Big sidenote:

At same time bit stupid expectation.

If there is one company that gives us for years more and more with the same machine it is Kemper and for free!

So guess have to go for a powered stereo Kemper cabinet once it is available and keep enjoying the ride!

Wow i really enjoy the cone cabinet, this is it!
    combine the new cone with the new MBritt 2020 pack and i’m in guitar sound heaven.

I’m intrigued by the stereo button in the imprints section, what’s it for?

Knowing the magicians at Kemper I expect there will come a stereo cabinet that will add an extra layer to the signal through the mono amplifier that the cabinet will translate into the 2nd channel.
    If not please do haha!

Thanks thanks Kemper you gave me years of enjoying sounds!!

I love the H8S with two H8’s for the Kemper for home use. Because the two HS8 are on the windowsill the bass reflex on the back won’t work (well)

So i use the foam inserters to avoid output there and let the hs8s take over.

started with HS8, which had no bass due to wondow situation, swapped to HS7 with H8S and then compared again with H8 which sounded best

its quite tricky to setup. never 100% satisfied, but I try to forget. foam in or out, cutoffs , volumes.

maybe need to buy volume frequency mic/kitt to measure

as someone said not tight made profiles can sound bad with a sub. i play mostly tonejunkie and Britt, they all work well

i also tried the popular headrush frfr108 in stereo

but that bass is more artificial forced, boomy. not natural at all to my ears. Do like the easier setup

Now ordered the kemper cab (have powerhead) to play around. but will miss the stereo setup i guess. lets try!

For a quick movie recording i use my iphone selfie cam to record a lick with the build in microphone.

pretty descent sound from the Kemper monitors by the internal iphone microphone, but of course always direct string sound in the recording.

Can i connect something to the lightning port to record the direct sound from the Kemper?

I bought a Rode SC4 TRS to TRRS cable so i can connect this to the lightning - TRRS adapter that is supplied with the Iphone 11

This way i was thinking to connect the headphone stereo out, where the SC4 transfers this to the mic in of the lightning adapter.

But Iphone seems to know no microphone connected and enables internal mic again instead of recording headphone out sound.

I also have a Focusrite Scarlett 6i6, but then i have to mix and match sound again with the video.

I would love to just directly record all to iphone by some sort of adapter.

When a stomp is in edit mode and off, the display background light goes off too.

not dim but backlight completely gone. the text still there, but very hard to read without backlight.

is this normal behavior?

How to edit a pedal thats off in this way?

In system i have all settings normal, but I don't see a separate dim light brightness, just overall.

Haven't seen someone talk about the Wild Kitty profile in the Sweet 16 pack.
    Wow can't stop playing it both with a strat and les paul!

i play the R5 profile, very nice creamy crunch sound