Posts by Oasis02

May I use that as a quote in an advertisement?

Please use it in any way you see fit. It's a fact.

I was very close to grabbing the new Dr.Z EMS that gets you JTM-JCM Marshall tones. Also, a Metroplex became available. It looked like the end of the Kemper era.

The question you have to ask is...were they better? The answer is yes to everything but the Mattfig profiles IMO. The JCM and 2203 profiles are voiced perfectly for my purposes. Used 100% of the time the machine is powered-on.

I couldn't stand being undecided on these, so I tried two more yesterday: JCM2000 Orange Crush and JMP '59 Super Lead White.

Both are great packages. In fact, the JCM2000 can compete with anything I've ever downloaded, from anyone. What's particularly great is the amp was never my favorite when I owned it, but these profiles are wonderful. They capture the amp sounding clean through overdriven, and modeled for Strats and/or HBs.
    Really a perfect set.

The '59 Super Lead is also very well done. It also compares positively to any others I've tried in the SL family. I've always thought it must be a difficult amp to capture because I hadn't been absolutely convinced by any thus far.

I think I simply started with a couple packs that weren't "my thing" (OD sounds in Block Super 100) and my opinion was negatively swayed.

There are some Katzbach profiles that are absolutely superb. Will try more...

I can say that the "cleaner" profiles seem to be better than the overdriven in-general with the packs I bought. The OD-based profiles seem to like a lot of volume. The clean-to-slightly-driven profiles can hang with anything I consider "reference".

Tweaking the graphic EQ volume to 4.0 helps add some liveliness. My reference makers are Mattfig/Guido/Top Jimi/Sinmix/Choptones.I would say the only profiles I don't keep from these guys are situations where you can choose from multiple cabs and keep the best.

Using both a CC Coletti Les Paul Custom and Fender CS Blackmore Tribute Strat. The Strat seems to be a better choice with the profiles I purchased:

JMP50 Trem/JMP 50 Master lead S.R.V./JMP 50 Plexi Red/Block Super 100 40th Anni JTM45/100/JCM800 White One/JTM 50 Black Flag.

I bought 6 profile packs today. I should have tried the freebies first, but based on the amps (and impressions here) I thought these were a lock for success.

I might have found a few individual profiles I would play again. What's odd is that within the same pack I'm finding 2 fantastic-sounding profiles (clear, lively), and the rest...not so much.

This seems to be the case in all 6 amps I purchased.

The amp selection is excellent!

I was trying to resist because I already had a BE-100 pack from another site.

I couldn't because of the strength of my other Mattfig profiles. I think they're fantastic.

This is now one of the best I've got. I almost bought a BE-100 head a while back. If I did, I'm not sure I'd be a Kemper owner today. It seems to do everything I need an amp to do, and Matt did a fantastic job with this package.

Great work. This one is a benchmark!

I've tried to learn the Kemper in stages.

Today's stage was enabling the Mission Expression pedal as a wah (complete), and trying to get a handle on how the remote works.

All I really want to do is enable and disable effects that are already on downloaded profiles, or introduce fx to these profiles and do the same.

I've noticed that on some profiles, I'm able to enable/disable pre-existing fx via footswitch, but others force you to use the buttons on the Kemper?

Does the creator have the option to disable this when he's making the profile?

Just curious if there is a solution.

I just got mine Wednesday. It was on 3.30 I upgraded to 5.0.3 and volume wise-it was completely F-ed up.

Try the reboot. It works.

I had the exact same issue, and I have the exact monitors.They are excellent for the KPA. I actually swapped them for JBL LS308s and couldn't get these back fast enough!

Try a factory reset. Hold the system button on your next start-up.

I can tell you everything worked beautifully after I did this.

Well...

I exchanged the HS7s for a set of JBL LSR308s today, thinking the added amp strength would help.

First, one was missing a volume knob. Then, I get them plugged-in and.. .the Yamahas were clearly superior.

Yes, I had applied the firmware and set the Yamaha to +4dB. The volume knob was always left at noon.

I did notice that the -12dB box was unchecked on page 1 of the output menu. Hopefully, that was the issue.

The Yamahas will be returning tomorrow.

It is my KPA "main outs" directly to the monitors via two balanced mic cables. The monitor level is set at +4db, which is the sweet spot for these monitors (detented control knob). I really enjoy the stereo enhancement of this setup.

Currently, if I play with the master output of the KPA at 5, it's a great tonal sound, but just a touch too tame on the volume. Any more increase or adjustment to the spkr level or master volume and it gets a bit shrill.

I'm also hoping that adding slightly more output volume doesn't distort the Yamahas.

I really enjoy the stereo enhancement of this setup. Pic enclosed!

Thank you for the help!

Hello,

I'm a brand new KPA/Remote (non powered) owner.

I purchased some Yamaha HS7s to be my monitors in a home studio setting. I did not feel I require a "Cab" type output because I do not gig, wanted stereo capability, and don't play enormously loud in-general.

My only concern thus far is that I feel I could use about 10% more volume overall. A friend said a simple adjustment would alleviate this problem easily.

My question is: Should I be looking in the output menu? Should I get monitors with more power?

The sound as-is is quite good, I could just use that extra "10%".

I actually packed-up the Yamahas for return today, but would be happy to keep them if it's a setting issue in my KPA.

Any advice would be appreciated.