Posts by russmusic

Something like the SF-DN4 SPDIF->Dante converter will get you there if you really want to keep things in the digital domain and put your audio onto a Dante network. Cheap it isn't... but then it's not going to be when there's Audinate hardware costs involved.

I don't think the take up of a Dante expansion card etc would be significant enough to make it economy worthwhile... especially when, in the grand scheme of things, for Kemper users, it would mostly fall by the wayside.

RE:GLXD - the only issue that I've ever had was when I was in the live band in a television studio. There was so much wireless going on, the GLXD was having absolutely nothing of it. The other guitarist's Sony DWZ was the same. I switched my GLXD for my ULXD - which is now a permanent addition in my Kemper rack, running on a licensed channel. That has never let me down... but I have to say for 99.9% of the gigs, the GLXD was robust. Even when I played at a breweries Christmas party where there nigh on 100 wireless APs in play. (I'm sure the network guys there had some budget to chew or something!). 2.4 Ghz is going to be OK to mount with a certain about of obstruction - wouldn't recommend it for 5Ghz systems though - the propagation and range at that wavelength is nowhere near 2.4Ghz... this is why the lower channels still win out for large scale events.

Since using more digital stuff - like digital pedals, digital desks, wave multitrack and now the Kemper - digital wireless - and more significantly the latency figures for it - has been very much on my radar... hence my comment about the SmoothHound. You just can't afford to throw away 8ms on a cable replacement.

Tidy little setups. I see quite a few wireless systems in play.

The Smooth Hound wireless however, is terrible for latency - 8ms before it's even hit your Kemper is completely unacceptable.... a couple of latency heavy patches on the Kemper and you are on a one way trip to sh1tsville.

My KPA came with one of the green Mission expressions pedals so I'm using that currently, but have been using an Ernie Ball Volume Jr. pedal as an expression pedal with the Helix and much prefer the feel of it over the Mission pedal, but I know the Mission was built specifically for the KPA so that's nice. In my laziness, I just haven't yet tried the Jr. pedal with the KPA, but thought I saw somewhere that due to it's pot inside, it wasn't ideal (or might not work at all) with the KPA? I'm thinking of adding a second expression pedal to the KPA/Remote setup and was just going to get another Mission (maybe the black one this time to differentiate the two!) but I'll have to try the Jr. with it...if it works I may get another one of those. (they're way cheaper too!)

The Ernie Ball pots aren't ideal, as you get most of the movement in the last 25% as you head towards the toe position - in other words, they are not linear.

But they do feel so good :P

Must also say that they are not good quick heel to toe movements either... and of course, you haven't got the switch under the toe position either.