Posts by yannickj

Seems you've tried a lot of steps already like making sure you are the Owner of the AppData folder and have full control of everything below it.

My last ditch effort in those cases is usually trying a program like 'ProcMon'

Download here

This will constantly log exactly what your system is doing (as in, which files or regkeys it is opening/modifying/creating).

It's a bit advanced but just start it up after you open the Rigmanager setup and then pause it straight away by clicking the magnifying glass because it logs a ton of stuff off the bat.

press CTRL+L to go to Filters and add msiexec.exe as an inclusion (it will only show stuff that the installer does):

Then unpause by clicking the magnifiying glass again. Then run the installation until you hit the error. Pause Procmon again and then analyze the results.

In your case you are mostly looking for rows where the Result is NOT Success. You can EXCLUDE Results by right clicking it:

You can also exclude all Registry Operations in the same way since the problem probably isn't located there (in the filter menu):

I've reinstalled RigManager as a test myself and I see that it's touching the C:\Users\xxx\AppData\Local\Temp folder a lot.

Maybe check the content or permissions there?

Try Windows Key + R and enter %temp% to see if perhaps there is an issue there (as in; does it correctly go to the above folder):

Does this folder already exist?

C:\Users\[yourname]\AppData\Roaming\Kemper Amps

If so, perhaps it's a leftover from the previous installation? Try removing or renaming that folder.

Does the error actually say 'Error, failed to create directory C:/Users/Appdata' or does the path also include your username? eg. 'Error, failed to create directory C:/Users/JesusJoe7/Appdata' ?

Not being able to set a number value is indeed a flaw in my opinion.

That being said; try holding down SHIFT when turning a knob with the mouse. That should allow for Micro-adjustments and might work better over RDP.

With the SPDIF Git/Stack you're outputting a DI signal left and the stack signal right.

If you setup your DAW with two different tracks (left/spdif1 and right/spdif2) and then configure the spdif1 to send its signal back to the Kemper (in Reaper I have to add an Audio Hardware Output to the track and then choose the SPDIF connection there) then it should work. Just set your Kemper input to S/PDIF Input Reamp and play the DI track in your DAW.

Don't forget to set your interface as the SPDIF master.

That being said, I am not an expert so I may have read your question wrong. I simply use a setup that works for me (pure spdif recording and reamping but no distinction between effect tracks like you have). The manual does have some good info regarding reamping and how to deal with levels and latency.

Best to avoid messing with performances too much for now until they release a new version in my experience.. I have a gig coming up and my performances all act very erratic so I'm a bit worried.
    Creating them for the gig was a nightmare itself with a whole slew of utterly bizarre behaviour (RM showing different values than Kemper and vice versa, changes not saving, performances being overwritten by the default CRUNCH rig, etc...). Took me a hour and a half to just setup five slots.

For example, right now, cycling through them will now randomly skip some of them Youtube Video of the issue

Any way to completely remove ALL performances on the profiler so I can just copy them over again from the local library? Since deleting is not possible in the new RM maybe there is a way to do it via the profiler itself?