Posts by acolbourn

Very much want this feature fixed too. I use a Yamaha FC7 expression pedal to control volume when I switch between profiles and I always end up just having to adjust the volume by hand on my speakers themselves instead. 90% of the action is in the first few degrees near the heel and there is no way to adjust the overall range either. Went over every setting a million times but couldn't solve it.

Hey all,

Thanks for the tips, just wanted to follow up for any else on the hunt for Frusciante tone. For profiles I tried flying snowman's more black pack listed above and they sound great! I also highly recommend TheAmpFactory Marshall Jubilee.

The other secret sauce is the Boss CE-1 chorus, the preamp gives an amazing crunch that is essential to his tone. I ended up buying a vintage one but since then this guy Will from triungulo labs has made a clone that looks amazing. Here's a link to that:

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

If you want to sound like Frusciante watch that guys entire channel, its ridiculous how much detail he goes into, particularly in this video about pedal order that has his entire pedal chain broken down:
    External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Between those amp packs and the CE-1, the tone I'm getting is pretty much spot on!

Oh also a SSl-1 pickup in the neck. This has been a several year journey to find this combination so hopefully I save someone a bunch of time and money.