Posts by vertibration

while everyone's point is valid about licensing, you also have to take into consideration that a lot of those cracks dont even work half the time, or have issues installing properly. Some people who pirate software jump through hoops trying to get programs installed, and working correctly.

I actually understand what your saying Monkey Man about Kemper not wanting to expose the guts of the Kemper. What about Fractal FAS-Reverb?

That has not been cracked. I think your right that pirates put their attention on certain plugins way more than others, and a one off plugin that is a pain in the butt to crack, may not be very enticing for them.

The question is whether a Kemper plugin would be enticing enough for them to crack, if it had good copy protection.

Look at it this way, it takes a bit for pirates to crack software. Now if Kemper released a plugin, offered a preorder sale a month in advance, that would seem to me like a very profitable way to offset pirating at least in the beginning . Neural DSP did that with the Fortin Suite, and its still not cracked.

All those amp sims you mentioned that got cracked, are not running the latest ilok. Neural DSP is running the latest ilok, and has not been cracked. None of their plugins have been cracked, and thats a fact. So worrying about Kemper getting cracked, is valid if they choose their own authorization methods, but if they use ilok, its a pretty solid protection against piracy.

Line 6 uses their own proprietary method of licensing, and thats their problem. Neural DSP was smart enough to use ilok

How is that a lose lose? As long as the plugin version is stripped down from the hardware in regards to features, the licensing is solid, and there obviously is a huge market, considering everyone knows Kemper, why is that a lose lose? I mean, everyone is entitled to their own opinions, but to say there is no guarantee for profit is inaccurate. Software is very profitable, I worked for a software company, and the profit margin is insane. No manufacturing costs, very little overhead, no shipping costs.

Has anyone seen any Neural DSP cracks?? ...... nope. Why? They got it right by using ilok. ilok happens to be very secure right now. If piracy was such an issue in 2019, then I guess there would be no plugin companies right? Obviously this thread, among all the others about the subject, is to hopefully get Kemper to consider that direction.

Just wanted to request a VST that can only load profiles instead of being able to profile tube heads like the hardware. It seems like a good move for Kemper. Line 6 seems to be holding strong with their hardware and software sales of Helix. I think Kemper, being that it has a reputation of being the best sounding of the top 3, should move in that direction to increase its user base.

It would never kill hardware. People do use Kemper live you know. As far as piracy protection, there is no way around that. It will get cracked probably, but there are many who would pay to get the updates, and not have to wait for a crack. Not to mention tons of customers who dont use cracks. I for one dont ever use cracks. I would easily buy a kemper plugin. Also, PC plugins get cracked often, but not as much on MAC, so you have to take that into consideration as well. Helix has not been cracked on MAC. Also, most cracks have outdated updates, and companies to continue to improve their protection. I think its a good move for them if they choose to release a very slimmed down plugin. who knows....

Please, do not release it! :D

What financial reasoning do you have to say not to release a plugin? Aren't you in the business of selling profiles? So if 5000 new customers within a one year period logged into your website to download your profiles to use with a VST Kemper, would you turn them away?

I think not....

I don't understand all those asking for a vst. if that's what you want, there are plenty of them already. None of them comes close to the Kemper and a vst Kemper will probably not sound as good as the hardware so what's the point? I used vs'st before i purchased a Kemper and I never will regret it. No hassle to load up vst's, impulse reverb and cab impulses. <X Axe FX will never release a vst and so is the case with Kemper. Neither will UAD release vst plugins instead of their cards. This is their invention/business modell and why should they change that because some few asking for a vst just because they probably can't afford the real deal? It might sound I'm harsh but that's the truth.

See, you are incorrect on a few things. A VST Kemper could easily sound just as good, as the Helix Native sounds identical to the hardware. That is a very foolish thing to claim that it wont sound as good, without any proof that it will sound inferior, when Line 6 pulled it off with ease.

As far as bashing someone because they cant afford a kemper is pretty lame. I have a Kemper, AX8, and a Helix as well as tube amps. My reason behind a Kemper VST is primarily for workflow with profiles, not the actual profiling itself. You think you are telling the truth, but you sound like someone who is uneducated about upcoming technology, advancements in VST modeling, and what makes sense financially for a company. Fractal did release their FAS Reverb, and it is sensational. Helix Native is sensational, and I think if Kemper did offer some kind of profile support via VST, it would work perfectly. Try and stay positive about these kinds of things, and not put people down who you think cant afford something that they want.

I just wanted to shoot everyone a link to their site http://g1productions.com/shop/

They have a probably the most accurate 5150 iii and Driftwood profiles I have heard so far in regards to response. Also, these guys use a Zilla 2x12 Fatboy as their cab. Its a really tight and aggressive sound, and these profiles are geared towards the modern metal players for sure. Whether you like Djent stuff, or other Metal stuff, these profiles are my favorite so far

Howdy! Just got the Kemper a few days ago, and its pretty damn good. I have some gripes with the lack of a dedicated editor like the Axe FX and Helix, but its all good. After diving into it, I found it very taxing looking for the right profiles for my 8 string. I find myself having to really lower the Gain on some of the profiles I found, but after messing with the power sag, clarity, and compression, it is really starting to take shape. I wish I had some amps to profile myself, but luckily I can go to a rehearsal studio near me that has a bunch of amps that I can profile.

I am really looking for some Fortin modded stuff, but the only good ones are from Petes profiles. I think I am going to buy some stuff from him, and he has some really clear sounding profiles.

Anyway, its great to be a part of this community.