Posts by deigoruellez

Hey yall, i've got the latest OS for the Kemper (9.0.8.46641) and Rig Manager software (3.4.32) and have discovered a bug. If I have the Kemper connected via USB to my Laptop and have the Rig Manager software running, and I make a change in the Kemper performance mode and hit STORE on the physical Kemper instead of doing it in the Rig Manager, it causes the whole Kemper and Footswitch to completely crash and is fixed with a hard restart. Just thought I'd share!

I have a Kemper Toaster with the remote footswitch that I got years ago. I have been touring a lot with it and the cost of checking all of that in the big custom travel case I got is absolutely killer, usually a couple hundred dollars for one flight since it's just overweight. I'm thinking of possibly trading it for the rack unit version instead so I can get a smaller and lighter case for everything. Maybe a Pelican case situation? Anyways, would my footswitch still work with a different Kemper? Like the rack mount version? Thanks!

Whatever rocks your boat ;) I always go XLR-stereo to FOH, but tend to vary my monitoring based on the type of gig/venue. For the big venues and occasions where an old-fashioned backline is used I've got a Blueamps Spark (2x10"/2x250W top + 12"/500W sub) full stack. These days I would probably have chosen a Kemper Power Kabinet instead. Might still get one because the Spark is a heavy beast to travel with. For small venues I may use a single wedge instead (Dynacord AXM 12A). Occasionally for tiny events I operate the PA from the stage, and in this case the only reasonable solution is in-ears so that I can hear approximately the same as the audience.

This is so useful, thank you! Would you say it's abnormal to bring your own monitoring cab to a large venue? Wouldn't they have their own system (wedges, etc.)? Would it be because you prefer your own? Like I said earlier in my post, they had wedges for us but it just sounded terrible and I could barely hear anything.

It just sounded very thin and weak to me, and I couldn't really feel the amp like I'm used to. But honestly it may have just been a bad monitoring situation! We could hardly hear ourselves through the stage wedges anyways.

Either way, I just felt like it would be good to ask around on the forum on the off-chance that a venue we play doesn't have an ideal cab or PA situation. Who knows, I've definitely played some shows where that was the case. But I hear you!!

Mesa boogie evm12 in a closed back cab was my revelation. It’s got all the headroom you need and it’s very flat for a guitar speaker, which helps keep the profile honest to the original intention. A guitar cab will always change the profile though. I’d say make sure to try things out for awhile before embarking on tour and getting struck lugging something you don’t like around.

Getting a good floor monitor can make it though man. I recommend qsc k10 or 12. You could run one behind you sitting upright too to get that cab on stage feel.

Absolutely, definitely wanted to get some opinions on here first before I went around and tried some cabs out. Great idea with the floor monitor!

Hi all!

I'm going to be going on tour very soon, will be playing a few festivals so the venues are going to range from smaller venues to a few stadium shows. I've played a few shows where the live sound engineer opted to just not deal with micing a cab and went straight out the Kemper into the PA but I hated it. Never hit the way it should have. So I wanted to get some recommendations for a solid cab for the Kemper! I have the powered toaster version. Most of the music is pretty high-gain/metal tones. Think Deftones/Tool/Paramore. I grew up mostly in the studio playing amp sims so I've never had too much experience with cabs, let alone playing live with them. Would love to hear what you guys think, along with any other advice. Thanks guys.

The KPA isn't seeing the update. If it did, the screen would suggest performing one. Backup/restore is only there for rig/performance data. Not OS updates. Most likely, the file you're using is the same release number as what's on there or older.

RM 3 *requires* using beta OS versions. Make sure you're downloading the beta OS versions. Otherwise it won't prompt you for the update.

https://www.kemper-amps.com/do…ting-System-Beta-Versions

That fixed it! I guess I wasn't downloading the beta version of the actual update itself. Thanks so much!

Hi everyone

I've been trying to get the new Kemper editor to work with my toaster, but it keeps saying that my Kemper needs to be updated to work with the new rig manager. However, every time I follow the instructions and copy the kaos.bin file into the proper folder on my USB, nothing happens when I plug it into the Kemper. It will show that it's there and allow me either backup/restore, but the update never happens. I've downloaded the latest update from the site several times and still the same result. Any ideas on what I could be doing wrong?

Hi deigoruellez this is unique function among digital guitar gear. You have 2 states, between which you can switch instantly, in a timeframe (i.e. 2secs) or you can use your pedal to wander from state1 to state2 and backwards. For example state1 can have little gain on amp, added mids, and delay mix at 100%. State2 is super crunch, mids are scooped and delay mix is 20%.

Check this video

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Thank you so much! Super helpful.

Well it will never sound the same as the recording (can be better or worse but not identical ) so just use the same patch ... and I hope the success of your show doesn't depend entirely on the guitar. If there is a good singer (male or female) and especially an attractive signer (charisma , good look, sexy one) or at least very good voice (think of the best singer you know) this will grab 80% of the audience attention so your Kemper tone is not as important as you think, for the audience it's even a detail . So in short just use the same rigs than the recording and stop thinking that the world turn around you

I'm aware that it won't ever sound exactly the same, this question is more about what tweaks players usually make to their studio patches when they are in a live situation, such as backing off some of the reverbs like some have mentioned. Are you seriously telling me that you think that the guitar tone doesn't really matter and the show's success depends on having a sexy singer? What are you doing on here?