Posts by mapleleaf14

So I'm really loving the Big Hairy Profile packs from Michael at Big Hairy Guitars...I'm an '80s guy at heart so a lot of his stuff is right up my alley!

I did a couple of my "My Favorite Kemper Profile" videos on some if anyone has any interest in watching...

Episode 8 is the Sold100 pack:

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

and Episode 9, the ADAMP / ADA45 Bundle:

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

I also have his HUFF pack as like Michael, I'm a big Dan Huff fan, but I haven't really dove into that one yet, but I'm sure it's going to be fantastic as well.

I released my 54th guitar EP this weekend, "Paradox". All guitars went through the Kemper.

It's all instrumental, and I'm no Steve Vai or Satch, but I still have fun!

Would love for y'all to have a listen and any feedback would be good too.

Here's the Bandcamp link...

"PARADOX"

(If you want to download it for free, just put $0.00 in the amount section!)

Thanks mapleleaf14, that means allot. I really just record the stuff that comes into my head so i'm so happy to hear that people actually like it.

Reverbnation is pretty cool but if your stuff is on bandcamp then i wouldn't really bother unless you were wanting people to listen to your stuff for free. I might look into Distrokid or something like that i like the idea of having my music on Spotify just to day that i have stuff up on there haha.

53 Ep's is pretty dam cool also

Thanks!

Yeah, my stuff is all free anyway - I have the option to "pay whatever you want" but if anybody actually does pay anything, I donate 100% of it to the Make-A-Wish Foundation.

I started home recording partially to keep being creative, but also as a "release" after a particularly bad year where my Mom passed away, my dog died, I had a bad bleeding ulcer, and then my house flooded from a broken water main break up the street (my driveway was the only one on the street that angled DOWN towards the house!) - and on my birthday no less!

I came up with the idea to do a 4 or 5 song EP every month, and so far I've been able to keep that pace up...I'm assuming it will probably slow up sooner or later though!

So I'm not in it to make any money, but when I started doing it my girlfriend and I thought it would be a cool idea to donate it.

-Eric

Joe, I like this one too...I'm really digging your stuff.

It's probably going to work it's way into my own playing, inspiration-wise!

How are you liking Reverbnation? I've been using Bandcamp for all of my releases (just released my 53rd EP this month!) but maybe I should upload my stuff to Reverbnation as well... hmmm.

Here are the “audio-videos” for three of the tunes for anyone just curious to listen here on the forum...

BIG BLOCK...

SIMPLY ASSUME (AND REFILL)...

GIVE IT SOME LOVE...

Thanks everybody!

My goal since I started has been a new EP every month, and so far I’ve been able to do that.

It may slow down at some point (probably inevitable!) but I have 6 “in the can” so I might be able to keep it going for a little while longer!

I’m not a “shredder” by any stretch, I approach them like a typical song (intro/verse/chorus, etc.) - but it’s been a lot of fun doing them...and gives me an excuse to keep looking for different Kemper profiles and owning a lot of guitars! LOL

Thanks again guys.

So as luck/fate would have it, I'm releasing my 50th guitar EP today on my 50th Birthday! I didn't plan it out ahead of time...it was just the way it worked out over time and when the release was getting near, I realized that it would work out on my b-day.

(I did push it a couple days...I normally release on the first friday of each month!)

Anyway, I would love for this one to be my most downloaded EP yet, so I would really appreciate anyone that has the desire to go download it! It's free - all you need is an email address.

As usual with all of my guitar EP's, there is an option to pay...100% of anything paid goes to the Make-A-Wish Foundation, but please don't feel obligated to pay anything...I just would really love to see this one be my biggest one yet!

It's called "Messy Haired Kid" (which is what I was back in the day I guess...as evidenced on the cover!) and is available at my bandcamp page here...

MESSY HAIRED KID

Just click BUY THIS ALBUM and enter 0.00 for the amount.

Thanks everybody...appreciate it!