Posts by shorerocks

For my new album I decided to move to a sample rate of 48 kHz. In the past this was 44.1.

Now, I am in a treated room and when listening through my Genelecs or my headphones, I honestly cannot hear any difference between a stereo SPDIF with FX (lush clean tone I want to record with effects) and the same signal recorded analog. That was suprising.

I split my guitar signal before going into the Kemper, so I am free to use any INs and OUTs.

Now what I want to try out is what happens with me using my Torpedo LIVE, and whether I can hear any difference in tone when using that via SPDIF.

BTW, the reason I started thinking about 48 kHz was because of this video from fabfilter:

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Cheers,

Sven

Tja, das frage ich mich auch. Ich bekomme die Meldung seid über 1 Jahr, egal welche Rig Manager / OS Version ich zwischenzeitlich aufgespielt hatte. Bin in allem immer aktuell.
    Ich hatte mal die Rigs extrem reduziert, also unter 20 Stück, die Meldung war immer noch da.
    Jetzt habe ich keine Lust die Rigs einzeln wieder aufzuspielen nur um festzustellen, welches Rig den "korrupt" sein soll. Laufen / Spielen / Klingen tut alles wie es soll. Deshalb sitze ich das seitdem aus.
    Sven

Hallo,
    nach 35 Jahren Musikmachen ist es endlich soweit - beim Rumprobieren der Anschlüsse am Kemper hatte ich ein billiges Klinkenkabel im Monitor OUT stecken und was passiert - die Spitze ist abgebrochen und steckt noch drin.
    Nach viel Sucherei im Internet habe ich nur die Möglichkeit gefunden per Sekundenkleber die Spitze an einem Stift / Steg zu "fixieren" und dann rauszuziehen. Tja, klappt nicht. Die Spitze scheint bombenfest zu sitzen.

Meine Frage wäre, was Ihr empfehlt.
    Einschicken zu Kemper? Lokale Werkstatt (und die Klinkenbuchse komplett tauschen)?

Danke für Eure Vorschläge.

Gruß
    Sven

It is the box / mic combination, that makes it sound good to me.

I did experiment on taking BE-100 HBE profiles, swapped the cabinet, and ... there it was. Mostly. The 'original' I still like best, but even using the JWNC cab on my ENGL Invader Channel 3 profile I dig that sound, too.

Don't get me wrong. It is not better. I just happen to like it better.

Cheers,
    Sven

Ok, I know now how it works.
    1. Make an USB backup.
    2. On a PC, unzip it (I used 7zip).
    3. Then edit the files in the unzipped folders, i.e. I deleted a few hundred cabinets
    IMPORTANT
    4. Re-zip allf files and folders as a .tar (!) file
    5. Rename the .tar file into a .kpabackup file

Put it on your USB and restore your KPR. It will start anew, and all is well.
    :D
    This hint here was the final missing piece:
    https://www.thegearpage.net/bo…a-cleanup-how-to.1218388/

Cheers,
    Sven

As of now it didn't work.
    I did not reset the KPR, though.
    Editing the USB (!) backup file was easy enough, re-zipping it, re-naming it.
    The KPR can see the file and offers a restore.
    When pressing restore it goes back to the previous screen asking for a decision to backup or restore.
    Pressing restore... see above.

It might be that me using 7zip is the cause. It might be me not having restored the KPR was the reason. Any way, I might just do the latter and try again.

Sven

@ForgottenFlo - Ja, das ist mir auch nicht vollständig klar.
    Auch wenn ich jetzt zu spät kommen: Die Stromversorgung geht natürlich separat (neben der Midi-Buchse an der Z9).
    Ansonsten muss ich sagen, dass ich die Midikonfiguration selbst noch nicht richtig hinbekommen habe.

Im Studio langt es mir im Performance Mode 5 Presets schalten zu können.
    Vielleicht sollte ich mich doch noch mal damit beschäftigen...

Sven

Ok, so now I wasted :) a few hours playing around with and comparing BE 100 profiles.
    Top Jimi, TAF, M.Britt and various (T. Owens, Kentoshan) free ones.

To me, none sounds as round and fat and smooth and nicely saturated as Jasons.

Don't get me wrong - those other profiles are good.
    But I am not looking for a crisp higain compressed metal tone. Played this for long enough with Channel #3 from the ENGL Invader. So after playing around with DI's, swapping cabs and mics, I guess it is just the combination of the box, the mic and the placement of the mic
    Luckily for me, this is the perfect sound for me at the moment when playing humbuckers.
    :thumbup:
    I have to say I never enjoyed playing a sound so much when I decided years ago to buy the ENGL. Which BTW still sits hier behind me in the studio.
    Someones happy!

Hi, I know I am late to the party, but having just found the HBE profile from JWNC made me wet my pants. I own some commercial BE-100 profiles, but this is the best by far. So smooth. I mean smooth, baby!
    Sounds killer with humbuckers. I just started re-amping the main rhythm guitars for my new release because of this profile.
    Thanks, Jason!
    Sven
    http://www.svenhorlemann.com