Posts by MuktiG

Covered a while back:
    Limiter on headphone out

I use a limiter on the headphone output (external piece of kit)
    As with wirless iem packs, a limiter is a very useful option for anyone wishing to protect their ears from excessive sound-pressure levels.

I know, this is a year-old thread but doing a search on the forum reveals several requests for this feature and it makes less sense to make a new thread than to continue this one. A shame that the requests are so scattered.

I hate to have to go and buy an external device for something the Kemper could so easily accomplish: simply limiting the output of the headphone amp to prevent the AUX input from damaging our ears when using IEM.

That said, what piece of kit are you using slateboy ?

I've also been backup/restoring in both directions through a USB drive. That seems to be the only way to keep all performances up to date and in the right order. There's a lot of room for improvement but I'm optimistic that Kemper will realise that their most loyal customers now own 2 devices that need to be in sync and do something to make our lives easier. Might take a while though... ;)

Maybe I misunderstood? I thought you were saying that you have to keep the knob pressed down while turning it to browse for a rig.

If this is not a defect I don’t understand the problem. I have no issues at all browsing and selecting on my Stage.

Anyway happy to hear that it’s solved.

Yes, just restore the backup on the Stage. The firmware is not included. I’ve been doing this for weeks.

The only downside I found so far is that both then share the same name as well; you can’t name one “my KRack’ and the other ‘my KStage’ but that’s not really a problem.

- is your audiocard correctly set to external clocking?

- do you have 2 S/PDIF cables connected?

- are the S/PDIF cables of good quality? (i.e.: do NOT try to use regular RCA cables, but instead use 75-ohm 'digital' cables)

Yes

yes

And.. no. I do have professional digital cables but they don’t reach the floor so I extended them with a regular rca cable. This works fine when the audio card is master. I will try it with the Stage sitting on the desk when I’m home.

Just played a big festival with the stage without any issues! :thumbup:

7.0.6 with a M-Audio FireWire Solo interface:

No sound with Stage set to ‘auto’’.

I can still only use the Stage as clock master just like before.

I always run it at 48kHz and the soundcard shows it’s locked but there’s nothing coming out of the Stage unless it’s clock is set to ‘internal’

I just want to give a big shoutout to everyone not complaining or whining about complaining or whining before I go.

Unsubscribing is a great idea. See you all in better threads. <3

I tried moving and duplicating slots in a performance yesterday on 7.0.5 and it was a mess.

Just part of the rig copied while others parts/fx stuck as if locked.

I tried to find a workflow to avoid the bug but could not find one.

I remember having similar problems years ago and got the expert advice to not use the RM to build performances, only the KPA itself.

I guess that still stands today.

Also RM still crashing frequently on a Mac but the Stage no longer freezing when it happens.

I received my replacement within 48 hours. Great job Kemper and UPS.

So sorry to hear that you’ve been waiting for 16 days!

I also experienced problems with email communication but I took the advice from @G String to call them if it takes too long and that worked.

I think they have or had a problem with their outgoing mail server being blacklisted or something. There’s reports of missing mails and mails delivered to Junk folders all over this forum.

Just call them is my advice.

MuktiG : I think there are 3 possibilities why it works for you:

a) your audio interface somehow automatically adapts to the external clock coming from the KPA

b) you've set your audio interface to 'external-sync'

c) the samplingrates of the KPA and the audio interface are close enough not to hear any artefacts

what kind of audiointerface do you use?

I haven't tried it yet. I'm wrestling a deadline to learn 20 songs and program them in the Stage. I really shouldn't be on the forum. ;)

I was just referring to posts 315 and 316 where pictures are shown of working setups where the sound card is set to internal clock.

It's has to be one of those 3 reasons then, so has something changed in the software to allow this behaviour?

I’m not sure how to interpret kpahuitsing ’s kind explanation when you just use 1 cable like this:

KPA (slave) out > Soundcard (master) in

So no reamping but just playing the KPA through the studio monitors which is how I use my toaster 99% of the time.

We seem to have 3 users reporting that recordings made with the KPA rack/head with OUTPUT as slave actually work.

This made my day! Thanks for experimenting and sharing!