Posts by MuktiG

As for "touch sensitive": I think it’s just inaccurate wording by Tone Junkie.

When I only barely touch the knob nothing happens. But when some pressure is applied (horizontally or vertically) the screen change happens.

They don't seem to detect a touch but are indeed very sensitive so I get that he thought that. Could also be related to him buying a Tesla perhaps.. expecting mind-blowing technology everywhere ;)

Who can make sense of the logic behind announcing only the editor and the Kone at NAMM and instead releasing the Stage first?

I don’t think anyone will disagree that the Stage was released before the software was ready and no one was expecting them to. We never needed an editor more than with the Stage so why not wait to release it until it’s all ready?

There’s more at play here than we know, that’s for sure.

Why would you want to connect two Kempers using SPDIF? What are your objectives? You can just hook up two Kempers using an analog cable from direct or monitor output to your second Kemper.

To avoid the extra AD/DA conversion? That’s not really something I want to do right now but I’ve read some posts about this. Like Antipodes says to have the dual profile thing probably.

My problem is that I have to have the Kemper on to have sound on my Mac as it is controls the clock of my sound card. I can switch the setting of course but I always look to simplify my workflow. Setting the KPA to slave would solve that for me.

Thanks for your answers!

I'm really sure that the profiler (rack or head) is a great and stable device... my question is about the stage, apparently Kemper is a serious team but I have serious doubts about the way they can handle all the problems with it...

Every person on this thread had a problem with this device...

Guitarist is my job... I can't take a risk

I agree with you but would suggest to give them another chance.

My impression is that they gambled that they would have few problems with the release of the Stage. Most of their engineers were or are still on holiday.

I’m sure when the dust settles down they will make sure the Stage is as thrust worthy as their other products. For now, they are rolling out fixes as we speak. And defective devices are replaced with a very fast turnaround.

I will not defend the way they handled this release. I see it as an error in judgment and I can not fathom what their motives were for rushing this release like they did.

Yes, we have all paid premium prices to be beta testers and that is not ok in my book, especially combined with the very slow fixes caused by the holidays.

But at the end of the day the brand is like apple, most users would let them get away with murder.

The user base is extremely loyal and rightfully so. I don’t think Kemper ever messed up like this before and don’t think they ever will again.

Very soon we should have a stable device (maybe 7.0.5 already is.. have not connected RM yet).

I wonder what this is too.

The stage has an upgraded SPDIF chip that allows it to be connected in slave mode. This means that you can connect 2 Kempers to each other which is not possible with the head or rack.

The stage was marketed this way but after a lot of trial and error it turned out that Kemper simply had not yet activated this function in the software (without telling the buyers).

Now in 7.0.5 one month after release its ready but it doesn’t work for me. I’ve started a new thread to see if anyone can get it to work.

After being kind of stern on this forum concerning the shortcomings of the Stage release I feel like I should also give the Kemper team some love:

The effects management system is really a huge improvement! It’s all I hoped it would be so thank you for making this come true. <3:thumbup:

Me too!

No more pedals for me in the near future. I’m disassembling my big GigRig G2 pedalboard.

Still contemplating how to protect it from dirt and fluids on stage and having a lightweight case where is can sit in the bottom.

I also want to make a patch bay to protect the connections on the back (and also protect them from said dirt and fluids) and have easier connections.

The stage techs are always looking around bewildered with 2 XLR’s in hand. :)

As mentioned before, this BETA leads a double life. It is not BETA on the Stage where it has exactly the same problems and more.

It was not advertised as a BETA product and is not STABLE yet after nearly a month so some complaining is certainly to be expected.

I guess since its still "beta" I cant expect much in the way of smooth and easy? I want to try it but a bit "gun-shy" yet.

To those who are running the latest beta for a non-powered non-Stage KPA, is there any reason NOT to update in your opinion?

I still experience a lot of freezes on my powerHead running 7.0.4 when connected to RM (on a Mac) and a Remote.

Sometimes even after RM has been closed but making sure that you don’t have the same performance on screen in both RM and the Kemper helps.

As before, using elimination techniques like that can provide a workflow that stops the unit crashing constantly.

I posted #597 which I consider to be on topic.

Me too. You made a good point related to the release date of the editor to which I reacted.

I understand the need to keep the topics separated but some things are linked.

There is an firmware update as of today and that is off topic except for the fact that it has an impact on your theory that Kemper was holding out on the updates to release them together with the editor. So in my mind it's all still connected and on topic. ^^

I for one prefer the engineers to be working fulltime om fixing the issues with the Stage and OS7 instead of finishing the work on the editor. So I'm very happy that they did exactly that. The editor is a cake frosting to me, the reliability of the unit itself is bread and water.. All Kemper's resources should therefor be directed there, seeing that Stage users have no stable OS option because OS6 does not work on the Stage.

This was a direct response to post #597 that addresses the editor by making other points as to why the editor may be the solution to other problems. It can be seen as off topic but I had considered your point carefully before posting and decided that it wasn't really straying into another direction, just terminating a side street. :)

I did make a new thread about 7.0.4 being released at the same time to further discuss that there...