Posts by MuktiG

You can copy and paste slots in performance mode too, negating the need to export to pool. You can also lock the Stomp and Effects sections on the slot you want to copy the morphing from, then change to the slot you want to copy to, then store. Remember to unlock after storing. This also only applies to morphing parameters NOT in the Stack section.

There’s no copy/paste function on the stage for performances slots.

If OP is on a toaster or rack this is indeed another way to do it.

Hi JK

Someone may come up with a better solution but this is how I would do this.

In your example:

• In performance slot 3 press 'store' and select 'Export Rig To Pool'
    • In performance slot 4 browse for the newly saved rig from slot 3. This has the same name as the original rig but you can find it by looking at the date (I think it's also always the bottom one when sorted by name). You can also sort by date and scroll to the bottom.
    • You should now have two identical Rigs in slots 3 and 4
    • Use 'stack' to change out the amp/cab while leaving your fx and morph settings intact. (or only change the amp or the cab with the respective buttons)

Housekeeping bonus: You may want to delete the copied Rig in your pool or change its name so you know that this is your default Rig and easily recall it in future performances.

Had this happen to me once after rebooting 4 times in succession (while troubleshooting S/PDIF problem).

And just now again for no obvious reason:

Complete freeze up, after a while the Startup screen showed but the unit stayed unresponsive.

I pressed the power button for 10 seconds to turn it off and when it rebooted the Clock was again on 2010-01-01 00:00:00.

Could be rig manager related. I hope so because if this happens live I will be very annoyed to say the least.

My method for building a performance/song is to create a basic sound in slot 1 and then copy that rig to the other slots where I later add/remove FX for other parts of the song.

I've seen in the forum that many people use this same approach.

We create songs and parts during rehearsals so I hope to be able to keep doing this efficiently on the Stage, otherwise I'm better of sticking to the toaster.

A workaround is to "Export Rig To Pool" and load that rig in the other slots via the Browse knob. That works but creates multiple rigs with the same name in your pool. Far from an elegant solution.

In the performance main screen:

'Edit' >> 'Slot Settings'

now gives us 'Move Slot' and 'Rename Slote' and there is still one Soft Button free.

Could this perhaps be used for 'Copy Slot' (and change to 'Paste Slot' when a slot is copied to the clipboard)?

Thank you for taking this into consideration!

I totally understand avoiding overcrowding Stage with physical buttons.

But in my opinion better option, that using soft key in menu, would pressing 2 buttons at once - similarly how profiling is invoked, by pressing browser and perform. You get it instantly without a need to go into menu.

Soft buttons 1 & 2 together = UNDO

Soft buttons 3 & 4 together = REDO

Just tried it out and it's really easy to do and I can't think of any downside (it's almost impossible to do by accident).

And if the ckemper team could throw in the long-press functionality of these combinations for multiple UNDO/REDO's then we're all set. 8)

We didn't feel UNDO/REDO buttons are essential.

You might be surprised how intensively they are used in some workflows. As the Stage is made specifically for a stage environment you can expect most people to use it in performance mode, so...

-no snapshots

-no possibility to save a slot to the one next to it (if it is free) for a quick A/B

=no way to A/B edits unless I'm missing something.

I could do without a lot of other buttons on the Stage but UNDO/REDO I will sorely miss. Ironically you have just implemented a feature I requested for multiple UNDO/REDO by long pressing in KAOS7.

This is just what I needed for A/B'ing a bunch of tweaks to the original.

I understand your perspective but hope you can take these arguments into consideration and maybe find another solution for this. If we could save a slot to another slot inside of a performance is a quick and easy solution that is almost as good as multiple UNDO/REDO.

I've posted a feature request for this.

This seriously makes me wonder if I shouldn't send the Stage back and stick to the Powerhead/Remote for live use. :(

During soundcheck I often want to improve a stored performance; adjust EQ, definition, more/less gain, etc.

When I'm done I would like to be able to AB with the original to see if it's really better.

I requested this feature and it was just added in KAOS: Long-press UNDO and REDO!

But I just found out that the Stage that I just bought has no UNDO/REDO capabilities.

In performance mode there's also no possibility to create snapshots.

Storing the slot to another slot in the same performance bank is also not possible.

This option seems very easy to implement and it would allow us to use the foot-switches to AB seamlessly.

Thank you for considering this.

Thanks! This is a good workflow.

But it requires that you know in advance that you really want to get into tweaking and ABing.

But it's usually during soundcheck that I want to improve a performance slot. When I'm done I would like to hear the original to see if it's really better. Long press UNDO and REDO accomplishes this but I just found out that the Stage has no UNDO/REDO capabilities. At home I have all the time in the world but final tweaking can only be done in context on stage in my opinion.

So back to square one (or zero ).

Received a reply to my support ticket today:

thank you for your email. The Slave functionality will be introduced for the Stage model in a future update.

I don't know if that means that they found bugs or this functionality was just not included in this release.

Maybe somwhere in the output settings near the sample rate? It may be called SPDIF clock source. Or maybe this option is not avaliable yet.

No, I checked multiple times in the Output and System menu...

Also did a search for 'slave' in the manual 7.0 and it's only mentioned that the Stage is capable of slaving to an external clock but no mention of a setting to accomplish this. I think it's supposed to switch automatically.