Posts by MuktiG

So, is there a way to slave to incoming cock signal? I could not see the option. Does it only appear when it can see a clock signal at the IN?

For me spdif only works with the Stage as Master, just like with my toaster.

When I switch my M-Audio card to internal clock source I lose input from the Stage. I've searched everywhere in kaos7 for a "slave" setting but I can't find it so I assume that the unit auto-detects that it has to go into slave mode. But that doesn't work. I tried rebooting a couple of times (my Mac as well) and tried changing the samplerate but nothing helps.

I've just received my Stage and turns out that I missed quite a big downgrade when researching the differences between my PowerHead and the Stage.

There's no Undo/Redo buttons and there doesn't seem to be any workaround:

(from the manual 7.0)

If you changed a parameter setting, but want to return to the previous value, you can use the UNDO button on the left side of the display. It will always revert your most recent action. The REDO button will revert the action of the UNDO button this is a great way to compare two settings. UNDO and REDO buttons are not available at thePROFILER StageTM.

I guess I can still shape sounds in my Toaster and will be using the Stage mostly to play performances and not edit them but still...

Just wanted to let everyone know because if you're planning to sell your toaster/rack and work only on the Stage this seems like it could really cripple your workflow.

Especially that we're now finally able to A/B edits in 7.0. This was something I specifically requested as a feature request and I was very excited to read that it was implemented in the new OS. (Long press UNDO undoes all edits, Long press REDO redoes them).

I hope that the editor will solve this in a way by offering (multiple) Undo/Redo capabilities.

Apart from this very happy with the device. Seems very well built. :thumbup:

I have a 'Kemper Stage' arriving tomorrow so I thought it best to update my Powertoaster to 'PROFILER Operating System 7.0.1 Public Beta'.

Big mistake! :cursing:

-installed kaos via USB and it hung on 'Midi tables'

-Rebooted and it hung for a while and then proceeded to the new-user/unit input screens (date, time, user name, etc).

-After that my rigs were still there but all my performances GONE. I did not make a backup before updating but did backup my Live performances a few weeks ago so I still have them minus a few tweaks that I don't remember.

-Upon connecting to the new Beta rig manager I encountered issues with syncing; performance kept in slot 1 not syncing and stuck in slot 1 (while all other where deleted by the update).

-Impossible to import the backup performances from library. Succeeded in the end by drag/dropping from Mac/Finder folder direct. Still issues with performance slot 1 not syncing between rig manager and toaster but after some rebooting and fiddling about got it to work.

I have to strongly advice against doing this Beta upgrade. This is the first time that I have the Microsoft Update panic on a Kemper where everything seems to have gone wrong in the update process. I have a background in ICT and I don't scare easily by encountering bugs in new software but I must say that I'm very glad that the next tour is still 10 days away. I will test intensively and if unstable will roll-back to kaos6 before those shows.

Actually, I will probably use the Stage but can't speak on that until it gets here :P

Bottom line: This Beta update is very unstable on my toaster!! Make sure you backup and have time to troubleshoot or don't install it.

I again tried all other buttons on the KPA and realised that the 'browse' knob does work after all!

It's just very slow to react which made me believe it did nothing at first. Also turning it just one click does nothing, while turning 2 clicks advances 1 performance.

I can give it a couple of big turns and be at performance 20 without having to pass&load everything in between. It's not very precise but does improve the workflow significantly.

I bet you it took you longer to write your post than the measurement of total lag you’ll deal with. I have 44 performances and I built them all on the KPA.

Absolutely. Do you mean to say that you re-order your 44 performances on the KPA with the 'arrange' function and you don't experience very noticeable lag? I mean really waiting for the display to refresh? I estimate I would finish 10 times faster if every performance was not loaded all the time while trying to navigate the list.

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

I use this a lot to change the order of songs according to setlist changes. This is often last-minute so I have to do this with the crowd watching.

Let's say I have to take a song in performance 20 and move it to performance 5 in the setlist. While using the browse button to go to performance 20 is really fast and easy, in "arrange" mode I can only use the 'up' and 'down' buttons and my KPA really hangs on this. It seems that it loads every performance that I move over. I see some delay in the video as well, but they are moving over 'default performances' without any FX on, so they load quicker. This seems intentional to cover-up the fact that the system is very laggy while doing this

I don't understand the purpose of this behaviour. While arranging the performances 'Move up' and 'Move down' are instant but going up and down to grab a performance takes forever. Why load the performances while arranging the setlist? I tried to find a 'Auto-load performance' switch but there is none that I can find.

I've searched everywhere and to my amazement I find no-one else complaining about this. This makes me wonder if I'm missing something or my KPA is slower than most for some reason. Any insights from the community? Thanks!

Me too!

I would love to have this feature available to the QUICK button.

Scenario:

I’m in performance mode (no snapshots available) and think I may be able to improve a rig. I start tweaking parameters and after a while I wonder if this new tone is really better.

The only way to AB this is to save the entire performance to another slot and then AB between performances.

Feature request.

I press the quick button and revert to the saved sound. I press it again to AB. Store if it’s better. Press QUICK to revert back again if it’s not.

This is the only thing that I miss as a touring musician. Not having some way to AB edits in performance mode is truly disruptive in my workflow while testing and changing new sounds on stage.

Thank you for the suggestions. I had hoped that there is a simple way to do this but it looks like there isn’t.

The biggest problem is that I will have to premeditate if 1 tweak will lead to many and adopt a strategy based on that.

I find it especially strange that there’s no way to store unto another slot. That seems quite easy to implement. Maybe I’ll post a feature request.

Some background:

I have been using the KPA for almost 3 years with my DAW and on rehearsals only (basically as an amp without using the onboard fx).

After a tour to China and some bad experiences with backline amps I took the plunge and started the process of trying to recreate the sounds of my pedal board and amp in the KPA. Next I bought a Atomic CLR neo wedge that I place in front of me on stage.

We're 6 shows into the tour and I'm really happy with the results. Some sounds are not quite there yet but some others are better than before.

Back to the question:

My performances are songs and the slots are song parts. Whenever I feel that a rig could be improved and I've tweaked like 20+ settings, I would like to be able AB the new sound back with the previously saved version to see if it's really better and also to check if the level is still the same.

I thought that using snapshots would be the thing to do here but this seems to only work in Browse mode. But I don't see why I should spend any more time in Browse mode now that everything is set up. I live in performance mode.

So I was thinking that I could just 'save as' to a free slot (when available) and AB that way but I can also not find a way to do that. I can only save the slot over the current slot or save the entire performance to a different one, but that is really not an elegant way of doing this. And it would also not allow me to AB quickly with the remote unless I then copy the slot from the copied performance and paste it in the original performance so the old and new rig/slot are next to each other.

This is the only part of the workflow that is not working for me so I hope that there is an elegant way to achieve this.

Any advise would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Just want to add that I've been recording and A/B'ing both connections and with the adjustment of the 'Reamp Sens' I can't hear a difference between the 2, except for the lack of noise that is. :)

It's also interesting that when the G10 battery is almost empty the led on the receiver starts to pulse. This pulse is audible in the signal chain when using the jack/jack connection, but not on the XLR.

Where my Clean Sens is on 7 dB, my Reamp Sens is on 3,2 for the levels to match. I'm using a vintage style strat for these tests.

I have a Line6 G10 wireless unit which works really well. The KPA picks up some notable but not horrible interference from the jack/jack patch cable that connects the receiver to the front input. It wasn't there at first but I moved the setup a bit and I guess the combination of Mac, powered studio monitor, KPA, G10 is susceptible to some noise. I tried moving some stuff and a different cable but it seems that it's here to stay. Next option was to try the XLR output of the G10 to the XLR return input on the back of the KPA. I changed the input to this and it works beautifully. Absolutely dead silent with the monitors wide open. Then strike a chord and your ears fall off.

So I'm very happy with this setup. But I wanted to make sure that it's ok to use the return input?
    It seems to be there for reamping only. Nowhere on the web, wiki or manual (al least the relevant pages that I found) does it say that you can use this input as a main input.

I can't imagine that I'm the only one to try this though, using a balanced connection coming out of a wireless receiver should be the best option, no?

Thank you kindly for any advice or how using this input may change the KPA functions.

Mukti