Posts by Karajan

Okay, this is about to get a little weirder...

I updated to 5.4.1 but nothing changed. I am, by the way, quite certain that I am selecting the right presets. Besides, if I save not a single preset with a Tone on 10.0, why should any of them have this value, even if I picked the wrong one?

Well... until now I always changed an existing preset of mine and saved it with different values, so I wouldn't have to type out the whole name again. Here for me it is impossible to get a mix different than 100%, but the Tone value is simply doubled, e.g. 3.3 before = 6.6 after. This wasn't the case before I updated ti 5.4.1 and it makes some kind of sense because I remember reading somewhere that the Green Scream Tone knob originally only went half way, which then was full (or something like that ... doesn't make that behavior now any more right :P ).

Right. I experimented some more and if I take a "clean" Green Scream I can save any preset I like, Tone and mix stay just the way I want them to. However, if I try to change and save that preset again, same problem. Sooo... apparently it is impossible to resave a preset I made before. Obviously not a dealbreaker, nonetheless it would be much appreciated if this was changed, so slight changes to presets would be much easier.

If there are any more questions or things I should try, I would be happy to help.

Edit: I spoke too soon. One time it worked perfectly fine with and empty slot, then it did not but only if I turned to some random preset and dialed in the Green Screen via the type. But that only worked one time and not when I changed the name to something useful. To recap: I have officially no idea what is going on anymore, but I am certain my unit doesn't work as intended. I have the preset I want now, but I dread the day I might want to change it...

Wow, that is one heck of a customer service! I find it amazing how he (and others, too, obviously) find the time to contribute so much to this community when they no doubt have lots of other things to do as well. I really need to start supporting those guys more by buying some of their sweet, sweet profiles :D

Hi everyone,

I have a little trouble saving a Green Scream stomp as a preset. I set Tone and Mix around half, but the saved preset then has them as full (10.0 and 100%). I know this has worked with my unit before, I have a Green Scream preset whose Tone rests happily at 5.0. I'm on 5.3.1 and so far I have tried switching the Kemper off and on (classic!), saving at different settings and changing and saving my old preset with the 5.0 Tone. None of this has worked. It is worth mentioning though that saving Rigs is no problem at all, the values stay just the way they are supposed to -- just saving presets is acting up. Has anyone encountered this problem or has any idea how to fix this?

I'd also be very surprised if any software from the mothership was made to look identical to the faceplate of the Kemper.

Hm, I think I would disagree with you on the UI part (though not on the rest :P ). My first thought was: well, everyone who owns a Kemper would know exactly where to look for any parameter, because it's just the same as the hardware unit. Sure, you could optimize some parts (as you said) but as a starting point I think it would be fine.

Hm, schwierige Frage. Ich glaube, es hängt am ehesten davon ab, wie dringend du jetzt gerde etwas brauchst?

Ich glaube zwar, dass es wahrscheinlich irgendwann mal einen Editor geben wird, aber garantieren kann dir das hier niemand (vielleicht hast du dich ja durch den entsprechenden Thread gekämpft...). Und selbst wenn, weiß erst recht niemand, wann der denn kommen wird, vielleicht in einem halben Jahr, vielleicht in dreien.
    Zudem denke ich, dass das Arbeiten mit dem Kemper nicht viel Freude macht, wenn man nicht ab und zu an den Einstellungen herumspielen kann, aber das mag auch Geschmackssache sein.

Ich an deiner Stelle würde das Risiko daher nicht eingehen und den Kemper zurück schicken. Du kannst dir ja immer noch einen neuen besorgen, wenn wir dann irgendwann Wort von Kemper haben sollten, dass es einen Editor geben wird. Wenn du deine Hoffnungen da rein stecken möchtest, könntest du dir ja für die Zwischenzeit eine Lösung besorgen, die entweder nicht so teuer ist (Softwaremodelle, zum Beispiel) oder welche, die du gegebenenfalls auch gut und ohne zu viel Verlust wieder los wirst.

Viel Glück bei der Entscheidung! :)

Surely it would impact them. Some profile makers however "cheat" by raising the volume in the amp module (if you haven't heard of that: press long on the "amplifier" button and go to page 3). So there is one more parameter to worry about. How you want to make sure all your profiles are more or less even is up to you ;)

Since I'm already here: I really like these profiles as well, and they triggered me to look through your other stuff again, where I also found some gems. Thank you so much for your generosity! :)

Well, I understand that the timing was most unfortunately, however, quite a lot of people seem to be interested in "your" profile still, so I think you shouldn't be too disappointed. Maybe a few pictures of the settings won't be as accurate, but tastes differ so the slightly different profile might be even more to somebodies liking :)

Well, the save alternative would be to name the rig and the modifications you did. Obviously everyone would have to fiddle with the knobs themselves but you would be able to share your find and definitively on the save side.

I guess a few test to get closer to the problem couldn't hurt.

Do you use the speakers just for your Kemper only or does everything run through them? If you use them only with the Kemper: Test the mixer output to the loudspeaker. If you feed something else than the Kemper to the loudspeaker through the mixer, does it work? If so, there could be a line vs. mic issue or some weird problem with the Kempers outputs. If not, there is some problem the mixer -> loudspeaker.
    If you share the speaker and everything else is working fine, could you try using a line signal from a different source? This way we can rule out if it's the same problem with every line signal or just with the Kemper.
    Have you tried different cables? XLR, balanced and unbalanced jacks?
    Any other tests anyone can come up with? ;)

Best of luck with your problem! :)

Definitely an awesome pack!

I'm slightly confused by a rig I like, TAF - MeBo V Drive 3, which has a gain of 2.7 but it sounds like it should be around 6. It is kind of annoying because I like to sort my rigs by gain so this one is not exactly where I expect it to be. Does this happen often? And is there a way to fix this? I tried increasing the gain and countering this with a studio EQ with a negative volume but (at least to me) it sounded a little off afterwards...

While I personally can't help you, here is a thread discussing STL profiles: STL Tones profiles?? Maybe you are lucky there. A few of the people have bought it, to my knowledge.

By the way, you may want to make sure you post in the correct subforum. I personally would have posted a question like this in the third-party-rigs-discussion-forum and not in the free-rigs-profiles-forum. Maybe you would get a greater response over there?

Anyway, best of luck in your search for your tone :)

While I agree there can be some discussion about the "grey area" ... I would assume most people who dislike the recent trend of vendors promoting themselves at any fitting or not-fitting opportunity, are mostly fine with vendors posting in the third-party-discussion-forum -- as long as they are posting as Kemper-users wanting to share their opinions and expertise and not as I-want-to-sell-my-profiles-really-badly vendors. That is at least my view on the matter.

Anyway, I am happy you took matters into your hand and I trust you will be able to find a healthy balance.