Posts by FreakOfNature

Yo! I've been asked to join a Down Tribute and LOVE the music so I'm contemplating it but having a hard time nailing down the tone. Especially on the Solo's it feels like there's some Chorus/Pitch Shifting or something going on that's quite unique sounding and I'd really like to nail it but I'm TERRIBLE with deciphering effects so would LOVE some assistance from all you smart folks! :)

Stupid question time: Can I not use the Kemper Kone Imprints on my Kemper with Direct profiles? I've tried it and it doesn't seem to make any difference when I change the speaker imprint, etc. Nothing like when I try to use Studio or Merged profiles. Does there have to be a Cabinet section on the profile for it to work?

Got mine! 2 days from order to delivered! My initial reaction is that using this as an FRFR (Need to update my OS next for the imprint stuff) sounds every bit as good as using my Mesa 2x12 and that's a HUGE step for me as I'd given up on FRFRs after trying a GOOD chunk of them. Need to wait until band practice to get a REAL feel for it but yea... initial reaction is quite impressive!

I just stumbled across this thread while searching for something else. It remarkably resembles my most recent realization as well. Just can't get along with FRFR speakers anymore. Been a Kemper fanboy for over 3 years now and like you I've tried quite a few FRFRs. Some cheap some expensive (Headrush, Atomic, Xitone, Mission Engineering). Always felt like I was lacking. While I DO agree that you're losing a bit of that "Difference" factor when checking out different profiles when the cabs are included, I just can't get past how perfect and tight and realistic things sound with my Mesa 2x12 cab in comparison. It sucks. I don't WANT it to be this way. It just is.

I will say that in one of my tribute bands, everyone goes in ear (Except me as I HATE them with a passion) and we have very low stage volume. In THAT band I use my Headrush 108 up front and it does the trick just fine. For everything else, I'm back to being old school with a Cab behind me. I still go direct to FoH but I just PLAY better when I've got that feel pulsating behind me!

I play in a Night Ranger Tribute Band and I've been trying to work out the intro for Rumors in the Air. I know the notes, and I've worked out the volume swells but I can NOT find the right delay settings to get this sound. Wold LOVE some help here!

Here's the song. It's right at the start:

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

I meant the HPF in the FOH mixers channel(s) where your guitar signal is going to.

Oh! Gotcha! I know good soundmen definitely do that but I'm just paranoid about relying on others to get the FoH mix sounding right lol I'm trying to simplify things for the sound guy and just have my tone ready to go as soon as the XLR is plugged in. heheheh

Go into the Output Menu and tweak the Monitor Out EQ to make the Mesa Cab sound different from FOH or tweak Main Out EQ to affect FOH instead. Personally I would get the FOH sounding good with the profile itself then EQ the onstage cab to taste.

This sounds like what I want. So, if I tweak the Output EQ for the Main out, it won't affect the Speaker out going to my cab? Am I understanding correctly?

So, I'm using a MBritt Friedman Merged profile live that just KILLS! However, there's one issue. I have a Mesa 2x12 that I like to use for my stage volume but also like to run FoH (So I can have set volume going into FoH and still adjust my stage volume as needed). I have Monitor Cab Off as instructed but herein lies my problem... The profile seems too "Bass'y" through FoH in comparison to the way it sounds through my Cab. I'd normally just toss an EQ in the chain to remove some of the low end freqs but obviously I can't do that without affecting the Mesa cab as well. I'm not at my Kemper to check but are there "Output" EQs for each output section? Would it even work that way? Basically I'm looking for a way to EQ what's going to FoH without affecting my Mesa Cab.

Any thoughts?

Why not install RM 2.31 and the 7.0 Beta on your toaster?

I did it already and both RM and toaster 7.0 FW) are quite stable.

Another option would be to export rigs from your toaster via USB and import into your Stage.

I'm sure I'm just being paranoid but I'm just not a fan of running Beta anything. heheheh Is there actually a way to choose specific "Performances" to export when you do USB? I thought it was basically all or nothing?

So.... Kemper Profiler Stage has Beta 7.0 Software. I am NOT a fan of Beta Software on units that I rely on for live use. However, I took the plunge because I've been waiting on a floor unit forever! Here is my issue:

1. My PC has the latest Official release of RM.

2. My Kemper Profiler PowerHead has the latest official release of Profiler Software.

3. My Kemper Stage of course has the Beta 7.0 software which I had no choice in the matter on for now.

4. Kemper Stage requires 2.3 BETA of RM software. Which requires 7.0 BETA of software be loaded on profilers.

So, as you can see I'm screwed because I'd rather play it safe with my gear. I can't use the RM with my new Stage because it's not 2.3 (2.1 won't even recognize it). This means I can't upload my awesome profiles to the new stage (I do NOT want to do a USB backup form PowerHead and Restore on Stage as I ONLY want to load a few particular profiles).

Sigh...... Early adopters always get the shaft! lol