Posts by jackson929

Not sure what happened. Everything was fine walked away for a bit and came back and my profiles are all messed up. The names and info on the patches/rigs are all correct but the tones are not at all. My overdriven lead tone is clean and the volume seem messed up. The volumes seem to be swelling a little as well. I went and did all around update and that did not help. My one overdrive Mesa patch sound like a trumpet or something.

Thanks for any help.

I had a tube amp hooked into my Kemper before I swear with the four cable method. The amp blew and was under warranty so I sent it back and finally got the new one. I hooked it all back up using the loop and FX loop slot but on my regular rigs which I do not want the tube amp involved in it was still active on them.

Not sure what I did different or am forgetting that would cause the amp to come through my Kemper rigs which do not have the loop in the fx chain?

TIA

I was reading some post from years ago where guys were experimenting with using a tube mic preamp in the loop and saying they were getting some added tube warmth, feel and dynamics. Anyone have any luck with this and feel it is worth it?

Any recommendations on a decent quality but budget amp to give a go? This is not for recording or profiling, just bedroom jamming nd fun.

TIA

I think I understand your setup but it doesn’t make proper sense to me so I might be missing something. Could you draw little signal path diagram?

How are you getting the final valve amp sound into your interface? Are you using using a mic, a loadbox somewhere in the chain, or taking the signal from the FX loop of the amp only (so no power amp involved)?

When running the real valve amp are you placing this in one of the slots A-D and turning off the Amp section in the Stack Block or layering to different amps on top of each other?

Well the Aux Mono did not work. The PC sound goes into the Kempe headphones but it will not llow you to use the FX loop by using Aux in mono" .

Wheresthedug the Hughes and Ketner Deluxe 20 has a built in powesoak/loadbox. So I just use the XLR out into the XLR Mic in of the audio interface. I plug the headphones into that BUT, they sound weak and crappy. I have good headphones, out of the Kmeper headphone it sounds unreal! So I guess now it is onto a audio interface that has a headphone output as good as Kemper? Any ideas on a budget?

Currently it goes,

1) Guitar > Kemper Input

2) Kemper out > amp FX return

3) Amp FX send > Kemper fx loop return

4) Kemper loop send > amp input

Then amp Redbox DI XLR out to audio interface Mic XLR in.

Thanks for any help.

K - wait a sec- I don't understand something - you're using an AMP in the FX loop? Why not profile the amp as a direct profile instead?

I just like the option of playing through real tube amp sometimes. This give me the best of all worlds. personally I love my tone and feel right now and am very happy. I also have a handful of profiles I love and can go to as well.

Just realizing it is not the "Alternative Input" being used for my FX loop but rather for my Roland GR-55, which I rarely use. So I will take that out and try with the above mentioned "Aux".

AND crap. Just seeing where you use both the "Alternative In" and the "Return" So I am using the "Return" for my amp FX loop with the Kemper.

I assume this is the only way to get PC sound into the Kemper headphones.

Rats... I should have realized that from your post.

Can you use mono effects loop, and mono in for the PC?

I can give it a try but I have to order the 1/8 to 1/4" cable first. I read an old thread about this being the best way to run a tube amp and still use the Kemper. This way I have the ability to use my amp, use Kemper FX and IR's and profile my amp and FX.

Hopefully the mono loop will work,

Thanks again for the help.

Is it possible to get PC sounds, such as online backing tracks, though the Kemper headphone jack? My set up is a bit complicated as I am using the Kemper FX loop and 4 cable method to also run a tube amp into the interface and use kemper IR's and fx with it. The Kemper headphone jack blows my audio interface away as far as sound.

TIA

Problem solved. I did check yesterday for recent updates and it said all was up to date. But today it said it was not. Not sure what I did that brought it back to an earlier firmware release but I installed 5.7.2 again and all is well.

Thanks,

So they do not load under the "reverb fx stomp section like all the original reverbs? The problem with the "type" scroll is I cannot load them in the Reverb tab slot (or maybe I can but not sure how? I also am not seeing any setting options. I suppose am am missing how to load them from the fx ype menu "REV" under the reverb fx slot?

TIA

Are the new reverbs suppose to show up under the "Rverb" fx tab? They are not there for me. They are in my main menu of FX but they will not load from their either. I loaded the new update, restored factory rigs and presets and the Kemper restarted but no reverbs.

TIA

Im not sure what you mean by “amp into audio interface”.

Whatever.....Never put a speaker output into anything other then a speaker...or a device specifcly designed to take a speaker...else your gonna get fireworks and break stuff.

The Deluxe 20 has "speaker off" it is designed to go direct into n audio interface for recording