Posts by jackson929

i guess the reason is that you are importing the rigs and not the presets

Not sure what is what... The update has a section called 5.1 delays or something and everything says cut and paste them into the shared folder , usb them into the system through import. The I also downloaded them direct from this site and they import as rigs. I have not seen any other ones which claim to be "presets". I there some secret folder with "preset" and not "rigs" that I have to unlock or something?

I will try lightbox's method tomorrow when my head is a bit more clear and I am sure I have backups and what not.

Not yet, I have not tried it. I am irritated that every thread says you just put them into the shared folder of a USB, import them and then they are in the DLY of effects. So since this is not happening for me I m feeling something is wrong with the unit.

I cannot understand why the other method works for everyone else in every thread I read on the subjects.

Is your method the method you used to load the new delays into your system?

You are using the "Browse" knob to view presets not the "Type" knob correct?

Correct, I use it and scroll through them all in alphabetic order under DLY. I have checked the entire presets with the Browse button.

I tried this when the 5.1 update first came out but it never worked and I gave up. I am not a huge delay person, but now I am becoming one :) and really would like to check them out, so I tried a few more times to get them to show up after reading tons of threads on the subject.

TIA for any help.

Factory Content 5.1

Download Factory Content 5.1, unzip, delete what you don't want, put presets/rigs that you want in the shared folder of your USB thumb drive and load to the profiler. This method loads only what you want and is same process as doing an OS update.

The problem is that this is what I have done like 20 times with no luck for some reason. They never show up in DLY of effect presets. They do show up as rigs in "broswer" function as "amp30" or something.

I use a formatted usb stick n they import and are in the system somehow/where.

I have tried this many times and the presets never show up in my stomp/effect DLY area. I copy them to my shared folder of USB, I import them and they never show up in the stomp/effects section. I have tried downloading them , different USB sticks.

It will not import them as it says "no import necessary". They show up as amps in my browser so I know they are there, but not as effects or stomps that I can use with amps...

Very frustrating.

Sorry for bother you on your weekend and thanks for the help! My 13 pin guitar came and I was busy trying to play with it. The GR-55 has my mind blown, what fund. Unfortunatelyy the Piezo saddle on the high e seems to have problems. It has some signal but acts pretty much dead when I play it. If I tap it a bit i will work for a little bit then fizzle away , but always have some signal.

Guess I gotta send the guitar back for warranty issue which means I can't play for a couple weeks.

Thanks again!

I have just picked up a GR-55 out of know where. I currently use my 11r s my A/I for my kemper into my laptop and studio monitors.

Any ideas what the best method for a connection is here? I have looked online and just get confused. Mainly because I see little info on using the GR-55 as a A/I with the Kemper.

Looking for something like 13 pin > Gr-55 > Kemper > GR-55 usb > PC

Is this possible and if so what is the best methods?

Hey all,

Hope this is the correct place for this post.

I am looking for any Jeff Beck tones or tips to dialing them in.

I am mainly interested in his newer tones from Ronnie Scott's like "A Day In The Life"

Thanks for any help!

Hey everyone..

New to my Kemper and trying to fatten up some lead tones as well as dial in some singing sustain (more rock blues based here).

Can anyone throw me some tips on effects and placement in the chain. Is there a volume that acts as a true master to the amp, or is that just the regular volume knob and raising that pushes the amp?

In general, once you grab a profile, what is the typical routin for dialing it in to your set up?

Thanks for any help!

Seems that some user sold 11R and bought Focusrite Scarlett 6i6, but not sure what the problem was.

Thanks!

Yes, I was about to purchase the 6I6 but then realized if I sell my 11r just to purchase a new interface it could possibly be a waste of time and money. Plus the 11r does a lot more then the 6I6 does as far as throwing in my rack and having two killer units (profiler and modeler and an interface). Plus, I don't have the Kemper in my hands yet , so perhaps I may not even love it like everyone else and want my 11r (I doubt it, but one never knows).

So if there is no quality problems using the 11r as the Kemper interface then I will just keep it, at least for the honeymoon period. As well, the Kemper comes today, so I just wanted to make sure I can play with it now , which I can since the 11r can be used to run the Kemper in my set up. At least that gives me a bit of time to think about it.

Thanks for the help!

I can't imagine audio interface coloring the digital signal. Simply, the answer is "no". 11R used as sound interface will not affect your Kemper signal.

Thanks! I guess I am concerned with the connections. Seems most are using SPDIF connections and I would be using TS