Posts by JohnL1974

Yeah. Its such a pain.

When I go to the next performance/song, I would put the pedal down in heel position so the stage is not overcome with noise/feedback until I need to start playing the song.

What I have to do for the time being is turn my guitar volume down after every song, bank up to the next performance, then do a couple of sweeps with the volume pedal.

Doesnt always work as the band by then are usually launching into the next song whilst I fumble around having to re calibrate the pedal everytime.

I was wondering to ditch using my expression pedal and just putting an Ernie Ball Vol pedal in the loop of the Kemper.

Thanks for your reply anyways.

Cheers

Im using the remote with two expression pedals. I got a Mission EP1 KP for Morph and Wah. And I use a Dunlop DP1XL just for volume duties. Thats the one I get issues with.

Its not random neither. Happens each time I load a new performance. Once I give one or two sweeps, it corrects itself. It wont happen when I then switch to another slot in the performance.

Only when banking up to a new performance.

Hi all,

An issue thats been bugging me for a while regarding the volume pedal and switching to a new performance,

After finishing a song/performance, I then put my volume pedal down into heel position before scrolling up to the next performance with the remote.
    When I load the new performance, although the volume pedal is in heel position, there will always be a small amount of volume present. It usually takes a full sweep of the pedal to re-calibrate it again.

I have checked all my settings including pedal range.

Anyone else experiencing this issue or how to fix?

Thanks for all your help :)

Hi all,

An issue thats been bugging me for a while.

After finishing a performance, I then put my volume pedal down into heel position before scrolling up to the next performance with the remote. When I load the new performance, although the volume pedal is in heel position, there will always be a small amount of volume present. It usually takes a full sweep of the pedal to re-calibrate it again.

I have checked all my settings including pedal range.

Anyone else experiencing this issue?

Thanks.

Bringing up an old post here, but rather than create a new one for my problems, I thought I'd use the search function.:)

Obviously my issue here is with Morphing, or setting it up.

Following the guide above, Im half way there. But the problem I have is adjusting multiple parameters within a rig.

I managed to Morph between different gain settings, but I am having trouble adjusting other parameters; rig volume, different delay levels etc.

Cheers

John

Similar thing happened to me a while back. It was my clean sense. It crank itself up to maximum on its own. Was a mystery why this was happening.

Has not happened since.

Before I gig, I run through a few checks in the input/output/ system settings to make sure nothing has changed.

Having the Kemper means you can downsize your pedal board. So much more convenient!

Very nice set up you got there. Mine is much similar to yours.

I have two pedals with the remote. The Dunlop DVP1 handles the volume. Prefer the wider sweep. My Mission handles morphing and wah.

Everything I need at my feet.

I keep them all secure using styrofoam. Really wanted to avoid messy velcro. Looks very tidy this way and have not problems with the pedals coming lose.

Straight from the 'horse's mouth'

Mark Knopfler explaining how they got that sound

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

But the sound also comes from Mark's unique style with his fingers.

He uses the thumb a lot keeping that 'four beats to the bar' rhythm going.

haha.... the truth is, when I was looking for a pedal board, I trawled for ages to find the right one. I came across a thread here somewhere, where you mentioned yourself using one. I got the advice from you, so I thank you very much for that. It's just perfect! :)

The Laney works really well. For its size and weight, it is very light and can be lifted with one hand easy. But sounds big!.. The sound projection is incredible, all my band can hear me clearly. Though I am yet to try other FRFR options.

Four weeks and seven gigs into owning my Kemper, and I can honestly say, I am so happy with it all. It has transformed my sound a thousand times better than what I had before.

My main guitar is my PRS cu22 which I used to run through a Boss GT100 for a couple of years which was alright, but I knew I was still lacking in the tone department. Now the Kemper has just unleashed what this guitar can really do and sound. Every pickup setting,split coil, full Humbucker is so much more responsive.

My set up is now complete, finally got my pedal board to how I wanted it. I use the Mission EP1-KP for Wah and Morph, whilst the Dunlop DVP1XL for volume duties.I am using a Thon case for the Line 6 FBV. I find its just the right size for my remote and two pedals. I keep the pedals secure by using some styrofoam which I have cut to hold the pedals in. I really didn't want to use velcro. This works perfectly and looks tidy.

Wow, thanks guys for all your responses and help here! Really appreciated.

Well, it seems to have rectified itself and not returned since. I unlocked the input settings, then locked again, all been well so far.

I guess with the lottery thing is, I am a little paranoid at the moment being a new Kemper user, waiting for something to happen. But as you said, out of all the numbers using them, its a very small percentage that have issues.

Six gigs in and I can really say, this thing is just amazing. my sound engineer commented how so much better it all sounds (I used a Boss GT100 before).... and he has taken all the eq off the desk as he says my sound don't need any eq'ing anymore.

Again, thanks guys! :)

Hi all.

Had my Kemper for nearly a month and so far very happy with it.

Though I have recently noticed this annoying issue.

Every time I switch on my Kemper and play, the input light is glowing Red... checking input settings, I notice my Clean Sense has gone right up.

I have my input settings locked, but this is really annoying.

It's like a lottery with this unit, what problem you're gonna get with it.

Any help and advice will be much appreciated

Cheers