Posts by Feckless

Thanks for the feedback :) . It will be interesting to see exactly which ones get highest rating.

I generally set the Mark V channels up pretty much according to John Petrucci's favoured settings according to a couple of in depth Youtube videos he did on the Mark V. For the channels that he didn't cover in the videos, I just tried to find a sweet spot. I used a single SM57 straight into the Kemper with no EQuing under recording to hear just how close the Kemper could get with just playing the guitar for the refining. Subsequently I tightened up the the bass responce on some of the higher gain profiles with a little increase in clarity and definition in the Kemper's Amp section.

I also set up a full complement of effects that I adapted to complement typical high gain or low gain styles of playing according to whether the profiles made were high gain or clean. I left them switched off so they can be used selectively to taste or even with all effects on as I tried to keep them subtle and complementry. For the Mark V ones I included an eq to cut the bass a bit and bring the tone even closer to what I was monitoring in my headphones from the reference amp. If any of them seem muddy for your taste, I'd reccomend trying the eq pedal effect on. If you want it even tighter, try turning up the definition a tad.