Posts by Lobsta

Also, for recording, why not do a test comparison using the Kemper as the USB audio device?

Meaning: monitor your playing and the DAW playback using the Kemper's headphone jack, selecting the profiler as your usb audio device in the DAW. That way you can test to possibly eliminate the audio interface and any connections as the issue. All that is used is your guitar cable, usb cable, and headphones. If there's no more annoying noise recording this way, then that might indicate the issue is with your interface or connections or possibly a computer setting.

Pretty easy to setup in Reaper DAW on PC, using 'DirectSound' or 'WaveOut', as the audio system, hopefully there is a similar method in your DAW program.

Tomorrow i'll try with a different DAW (cakewalk). I'm scared that monitoring through DAW could lead to input delay, that does not occurr monitoring through kemper.

Totally agree. Also, If you listen through the Kemper headphone jack, the recorded tracks should sound exactly the same on playback,

As I see it there are still many places, the Kemper is lacking behind in nowadays’ competitors solutions. Why is that so wrong to express the following:

- A better USB connectivity. As the solution now is not of interest to me and saw me having to buy a new audio interface and use S/Pdif again. Which is fine though. But I’ve wanted the USB solution for ages and was ecstatic by the news of it arriving only to realize that it’s not meeting my demands at all.

OK, how so?

Works amazingly well here using 'WaveOut' in the daw (on PC). Accuracy when using Kemper's headphone jack for monitoring is exact.

So much better/easier for recording and monitoring than what I was doing before: analog through an interface.

Integrated drivers have been announced, which should be even better. Hopefully they release soon!

1st impression- Incredible!

Try this- load one of Guidorists new liquid profiles, change the EQ settings to a little more extreme. Switch back to the 'Kemper Generic' eq amp model. Night and Day- totally blows away the Kemper generic!

As you scroll through all the different models, they all sound so much better, much more real than "Kemper Generic".

:thumbup:

Question: Are you listening/monitoring with your headphones plugged into the Kemper?

If so, you can set your DAW buffer as high as you want, there is no latency when tracking your guitar.

Sounds like your issue is with recording offset, causing off time issues. Likely the problem is simple: asio4all. Its a poor temporary solution to not using a proper driver for recording. I did try asio4all, and had similar timing offset issues, and uninstalled it.

I'm using wave out, syncs up perfect, others mentioned wasapi. (Both are alternatives to asio in Reaper)

If those aren't an option in fl studio, then you might have to wait until Kemper releases their asio drivers in an upcoming update.

Alternative to Asio4All (works great, try it!) for Kemper USB recording in Reaper DAW:

*Preferences/Device/Audio Device Settings/Audio System : WaveOut

Input device: Digital Audio Interface (Profil

Output device: Digital Audio Interface (Profil

Sample format: 16 bit

Input Channels: 2

Output Channels: 2

Sample Rate: 48000 Khz

Buffer: 8 x 512 samples

(using the heaphone output for monitoring)

For multitracking Guitar and bass using Kemper's Headphone output:

D.I. gtr track: Set to input- mono- Left (mute this track)

Kemper profile amped gtr track: Set to input- mono- Right

After recording the 1st rhythm gtr part, pan it 100% Left.

In Rig Manager/Input settings, adjust the Panorama control to between 75-100% Right (to taste). Now you can hear the previous recorded take in the left ear, click or drum track in the center, and current playing in the right. By recording in mono, the panorama control does not affect the recorded signal (because both are panned right)

Asio4All is pretty poor in my experience, and really a desperation need only. Random clicks, glitches, and the ever important audio driver reported latency to Reaper were always issues to me. I did try it first, and had the same issues. Using WaveOut (so far) is incredible! I'll be deleting Asio4All from my system.

Many thanks and appreciation to the Kemper team for adding USB recording. Grazie Mille!

I'm still experimenting (and haven't read the manual yet..), but so far it is completely amazing. Looking forward to the Kemper audio drivers when released, but so far this works well. Here's 3 distinct improvements over how I've been recording:

1) The Kemper headphone output is incredible, it sounds great, and now you can use it for tracking and mixing! It's hard to describe, just so much better than the audio interfaces I've used.

2) USB recording sounds exact! 100% exactly what I played and heard thru the headphones is recorded in Reaper. It sounds identical on playback.

I did a test recording vs. my old method, and it's much improved, sounds fuller, more raw? somehow, just totally accurate!

3) Recording latency offset/playback timing- this is always a challenge for me. Does what you play- record and playback perfectly in time? Exactly to the click, exactly as you recorded it? Usually I try to measure and adjust the 'audio driver reported latency', and work with that. Actually haven't measured Kemper USB yet, but just in my 1st test vs. my audio interface it seems spot on, better, tighter than the interface.....

Cheers, and thanks Kemper Team!:)

looks like the plugin is doing multi-band processing.

you could use the parallel path feature of the PROFILER to do something similar.
    lowpass filter the parallel path and high pass filter the 'standard' signal path,
    this way you can get a driven mid-range while retaining a clean low end.

Are there any Profiles on the Rig Exchange you can recommend that might demonstrate this?

It would be helpful in understanding.

Bummer! Personally I've never been impressed with Amplitube in any form, so am not too surprised. I imagined that the pedal could be tweaked with some custom captures and deep editing, but if the normal amps sounded like Amplitube, I imagined it wouldn't be for me...

One thing they demonstrate, but they don't explain in the video is WHY would you want to pad your DI signal at the DI box by minus 20 DB?

I have a similar setup where the guitar goes to a DI box 1st, then to the Kemper, Why would you set the pad -20 db? and then need to crank the interface's gain way up to compensate?

I have a few ideas:

1) Amp EQ controls- add the ability to adjust/change their range, or better yet have presets for popular models with their known EQ knob control ranges like Marshall, Fender, Boogie. I've had my Kemper for at least 6 years, this has bothered me from the moment I first plugged in! First reaction was this isn't right. The Mid control especially, doesn't sound like a mid from any amp I've ever played, it's so off and unuseful. (granted played mostly Marshall and Laneys) If there was a dropdown in Rig mgr where you could shift the eq knobs frequency range around, or ability to load real amps tone stacks values would be better. I basically keep all these controls at 5 for most profiles. Yes, you can use EQ in other places, but the amp EQ knobs are what most guitarists know and reach for.

2) Pannable effects- the ability to pan a reverb, delay, etc. all the way right or left. Yes, I know you can do this in your DAW, but it'd be cool to have on the Kemper. One of my most favorite and most legendary guitar sounds is Van Halen 1. The dry guitar sound is mostly panned to one side, and only reverb panned to the other side, totally separate. So it sounds awesome together, but the reverb doesn't cloud up the guitar signal. Even better, to reverb, delay, maybe flanger, phaser, add a dry pan, and a wet pan knob to each, then you could have total fx pan control.

3) Output section- add a Digital fizz remover for recording purposes. Some of the high whistling frequencies which sound harsh and fake in digital compared to analog signals could be lowered. I.E., 3k, 5k, 7k, some slight dips there added as an output control. I'm sure Kemper experts could identify the most likely fake and harsh sounding frequencies, and create a control just for lowering them. Another one you could do in the DAW, but it would be cool to have on the Kemper for recording and live use. This way you wouldn't have to turn down the high cut so very low. You could call it Warmerizer, or something like that.

4) Better, much more accurate profiling process. Better, more accurate refining process, or some way to standardize it.

5) Add ability to record and re-amp through the USB connection, and for Kemper to be an asio option in the DAW.

If any of these already exist and I missed it, let me know!