Posts by Lobsta

I have a few ideas:

1) Amp EQ controls- add the ability to adjust/change their range, or better yet have presets for popular models with their known EQ knob control ranges like Marshall, Fender, Boogie. I've had my Kemper for at least 6 years, this has bothered me from the moment I first plugged in! First reaction was this isn't right. The Mid control especially, doesn't sound like a mid from any amp I've ever played, it's so off and unuseful. (granted played mostly Marshall and Laneys) If there was a dropdown in Rig mgr where you could shift the eq knobs frequency range around, or ability to load real amps tone stacks values would be better. I basically keep all these controls at 5 for most profiles. Yes, you can use EQ in other places, but the amp EQ knobs are what most guitarists know and reach for.

2) Pannable effects- the ability to pan a reverb, delay, etc. all the way right or left. Yes, I know you can do this in your DAW, but it'd be cool to have on the Kemper. One of my most favorite and most legendary guitar sounds is Van Halen 1. The dry guitar sound is mostly panned to one side, and only reverb panned to the other side, totally separate. So it sounds awesome together, but the reverb doesn't cloud up the guitar signal. Even better, to reverb, delay, maybe flanger, phaser, add a dry pan, and a wet pan knob to each, then you could have total fx pan control.

3) Output section- add a Digital fizz remover for recording purposes. Some of the high whistling frequencies which sound harsh and fake in digital compared to analog signals could be lowered. I.E., 3k, 5k, 7k, some slight dips there added as an output control. I'm sure Kemper experts could identify the most likely fake and harsh sounding frequencies, and create a control just for lowering them. Another one you could do in the DAW, but it would be cool to have on the Kemper for recording and live use. This way you wouldn't have to turn down the high cut so very low. You could call it Warmerizer, or something like that.

4) Better, much more accurate profiling process. Better, more accurate refining process, or some way to standardize it.

5) Add ability to record and re-amp through the USB connection, and for Kemper to be an asio option in the DAW.

If any of these already exist and I missed it, let me know!

So, if you plug in the headphones, is there a signal?

Can you hear a click in the head when you turn the power amp on and off? (mine does)

If so, I'd consider contacting Kemper support.

Sounds like you tried everything else.

Easy to achieve what you want.

In Rig Manager, right click on Local Library, select 'add folder'.

Drag those rigs you want into the new folder.

Rename them slightly like add 'original' or whatever you want, or if you're in a hurry, just click duplicate rig, it adds the word 'copy'.

Drag (or copy/paste) the newly named rigs wherever you want.

If you want to add the rig to the Profiler itself, push the 'store' button on the profiler while it's loaded, or drag it in Rig mgr, or click store rig to profiler.

It just doesn't allow duplicates in the same folder. So, just add or use a different folder, change the name, good to go.

That's rough, hope you can recover quickly!

I had an issue with my pinky that started last June. Ultra painful, could barely grip anything, touch it, forget about playing leads. Make a fist, no possible way. The pain was so bad, I thought it could be broken, ultimately it was a tendon issue. I started doing stretches (I could barely straighten it out at first). Then after the stretches I would do cross ligament massage on the pinky and ring finger (which had some pain as well, much less though) a minimum of 100 passes, and do that at least 2x every day.

After about 2 months I could play leads again (with pain). Pain went away at about 6 months. I still do the stretches and cross ligament massage every day. It's coming up on a year later, and it's much better, not totally healed, but I don't really even think about it now. Everything takes so much longer to heal as I get older!

I don't know if it can help your issue, but the stretches I do are the standard guitarist hand and finger stretches. I really think it was the cross ligament massage that was the key though. The theory is you break up the scar tissue, and encourage the tendon to heal in it's proper form and shape.

Good Luck!

Coincidence.

I was sort of questioning my tone, and wanted to rule out any settings I might have changed over time, as a test- that was the reason I tried the reset.

The Init Globals seemed to reset all the input and output settings back to default. The only thing from the Kemper side after the reset that was an issue was that some of the settings I never use came back on, like Space and Pure Cabinet in the output menu.

I would watch out for those 2, experiment and see if you like them on or off, especially when recording!

OK, Wheresthedug called it.

It was the audio interface! Thanks to everyone that replied!

The interface is a Presonus Quantum 2626. The Presonus totally useless software 'Universal Control', which really has no controls at all, no mixing or routing controls, only meters, was always ignored by me because it doesn't really do anything. Sometimes I will actually open it to change the clock source to S/pdif when recording, if I don't, there's alot of clicking recorded on the S/PDIF tracks. There is a small box at the bottom of the Universal Control marked as 'S/PDIF mirrors Mains', I just noticed. It was highlighted. Unchecking that solved the problem completely. No more YouTube or Daw signals sent to the Kemper.

So, maybe I selected and clicked on the Mirror Mains button on accident? At the same time that I had reset the Kempers 'Init Globals'.... perhaps that's what created the mystery, not sure, but no issue now.

Hopefully my new interface will come soon, this one is seriously lacking. (doesn't even have direct monitoring!)

On the bright side, If I ever want to hear my PC's audio through the Kemper, it's a button click away. In stereo, as well.

Don’t think anyone will know as there isn’t any setting in the Kemper that controls what comes n the SPDIF input.

If you have ruled out Reaper (youtube videos playing confirms this) then the issue is a setting in your interface itself

Yeah, you're probly right. Just so odd that it only began after I did the Kemper global reset, that's what makes me suspect it's an obscure Kemper setting. I have a new audio interface on order (chip shortage delayed), so possibly that one will work better with SPDIF whenever it finally is available.

Is your interface selected as the playback device for your computer?

Yes, it's selected as the interface's Main Outs though, not as SPDIF.

Yesterday I was recording some tracks, so I just unplugged the SPDIF 'in' cable, no more problem. Although the reset added 'space' at 3.0, didn't figure that out until later. so I'll have to reamp those tracks, they sound chorusey weird.

I think you only need the spdif 'in' if you're re-amping, right?

So I could leave it unplugged?

Ok, let's say you were correct about the DAW:

(you are not- spdif is not selected as an output. I even removed it from the list of possible output choices in Reaper, and still audio enters Kemper)

If that was the case, why did it only start when I reset the global settings in the Kemper. Nothing was changed in Reaper.

Daw Monitoring is not on, Even Youtube, any sounds at all come through the SPDIF.

Someone has to know what setting was reset when I did the 'Init Global' to cause this.

So I just did an 'Init Globals' reset which resets all the input and output settings. My Kemper is hooked up to the interface with spdif, xlr, and 1/4", pretty much every way, ha.

Now when I hit playback on the DAW, I can hear the tracks coming thru the Kemper. (comes out the xlr outputs, also tried the headphones)

I unplugged every cable one by one to figure out where the audio was coming from, and it's the SPDIF cable that's carrying the DAW audio. I checked the manual, couldn't find any solution to how to stop this.

It wasn't doing this before I did the reset. Only changes I made was the Init Globals reset, no changes were made in the DAW or interface, or cables. Of course I could just unplug the cable, but what is the setting that changed? How do I set it so I don't hear the DAW audio playing thru the Kemper?

My basic setup is for recording. I have the main out xlrs going to an audio interface. I also have the direct out connected to the interface to record the guitar D.I. signal for re-amping etc. Everything is monitored thru the PC, and I have the poweramp turned off to save power(not connected to a cab). This always worked well, until recently I noticed that the direct out stopped outputting anything. I looked at the manual, rechecked all my connections, was confused. The choice I had selected in the output menu for direct output was 'Git Analog', when I switched it to 'Git+Processing', the signal output returned.

I figured out that I had the guitar signal's input connected to the rear alternate input. (can't remember why- I think I was getting buzzing and the ground lift helped) So, when the cable is moved to the front panel input, then 'Git Analog' works again, deducing that Git Analog only works with the front input. So, my choices are: Leave as is, and use the 'Git+processing', or move to the front input, and use the 'Git Analog', or?

What's the difference in practice/use:

Git Analog = lower latency? More accurate timewise for recording because it's more direct?

Git+Processing = delayed because of A/D conversion?

There's also 'Git Studio' I saw.

Which is the best setting for the D.I. output recording, in terms of accurate tracking time wise, and also tonal quality?

I have to agree with the rest, if you're using a cab connected to the power amp at the same time as recording, then use the main outputs to connect to the audio interface, either 1/4" or xlr.

How about did you check:

* Try a different speaker cable?

* In the output menu, advance all the way to page 9 using the page buttons. Is the power amp box checked as on?

With mine you can hear some connection clicking inside the Kemper when you check or uncheck the 'power amp on' box.

Device Manager:

Mine shows up under 'Sound, video, and game controllers'

If it was a software issue, most likely it would show up under 'Other Devices', and have a ? mark next to it.

(If it was there under 'other', try installing an older version of rig manager, see if that fixes it.)

If it's nowhere visible in device manager, sounds like a connection issue....