Posts by dfdfan

You'll have a hard time finding a receiver with S/PDIF output!

You could add an a/d convertor to the wireless output so you're chain would be a/d/a/d to the kemper input, then the kemper d/a to the output. It would work, but with enough latency that your bandmates would probably hate you. haha

i know this is a bit off topic, but curious as to the basis of that statement. To whom do you refer to?

Yes, i agree, there are far more home/bedroom players than gigging musicians. After all, thats how we all started and 99% of us started playing because we enjoy it not as the path to our main income.

There are still plenty of people that still make a living gigging and studio for hire who do not bother with social media stuff. Not as much as the decades prior, but still plenty.

Simply because the Kemper Player is cheaper and smaller, that's the main reason. People don't need more, but these restrictions are too cruel, we need a little more options. As I said, wanting a morph and global EQ or a simple volume boost for free effect slot is too much? that should be the basis.

THIS. Being able to cram a plexi and a twin into a gigbag pocket is absolutely invaluable for old farts like me.

In all fairness, I said without trading in every 2 years. I didn't say 12 years! You're certainly getting your money's worth on that machine :)

If you want a computer that you dont have to worry about crashing, blue screen, freezing, viruses, malware, running out of memory or having to trade in every 2 years just get a mac.

Ok , that worked in the sense that without that text you can’t really even use the unit to be honest so that’s a must have. It’s still very touchy though you wouldn’t want to bump the knob accidentally

If you're trying to get a bedroom level, make sure poweramp boost is off. That should get you a better range to work with lower volumes.

Most likely this will work if you can get the curve right.

Kone will be something similar to:

Compared to a new issue greenback:

So you should just have to get a steep enough drop but not a full block.

There are other factors to consider in cone stiffness and magnet type and size but all in all I'd say give it a whirl. Even if it doesn't work well you still you end up with a kemper 412.

The dual delay has all the workings of tape delays (cross feedback, modulation, flutter, hi cut, etc. You should be able to replicate most sounds. Hopefully the quad and or rythm delays will get added to the player at some point as well.

Looks like BT beat me to the punch. Sorry for the duplicate post.

You can drag profiles directly out out and in to rigmanager. I create device specific folders on my home network storage and keep rigs updated there. Then I can drag them into either machine from either computer. I keep default folders to things like Player_Old, Player_Current, Toaster_Old, Toaster_Current, etc for backups and have one named Transfer that I use to move rigs from one profiler to another. Keeps it pretty simple.

You have to remember though, that when using the Kab, it is not a fully flat response, so using it on the main outputs will color the sound differently than using studio monitors. To achieve flat response with the Kone/Kabs you need to use the imprint 'Full-Range Mode" and monitor outputs and of course, leave the profile's built-in cab on.

Both the delay and the reverbs slots used to be dedicated to those 2 effects groups which was usable but very limiting. Any time you dedicated resources to one thing you only lose diversity of function.

You might want to try popping this into the fx loop in the kemper. I've only used the traditional 'between-the-amp-and-cab/tube to mic' heil boxes though. Never one with its own built in amp section. Curious to know what you end up doing and how well it works if you post back your results.

Ignore that, just read up on it and it appears to work the same way as the heil, but just pre amp instead of post and since it still cuts off the output to the kemper a loop wont work. Think I'm going to have to get this.

Just putting it out there, who would be ok with paying for extra content, I know I would for a decent iOS editor, it’s a big deal for me with my eyesight.

I would pay whatever to get the player to have all the effects available that exist in the toaster. Not worried about the number of slots really, but would like to have all the same effect options to choose from.