Posts by dfdfan

So does the rig volume has any effect on the output level that is going to the PA system? For example I have a -18 on the master out level and it seem to work fine there, but If I turn up my rig volume to 12 will it cause the mixer channel to clip?.. The problem that I'm having it I run with a volume pedal and I seem to run out of sustain and I'm and I'm forced to keep re striking the strings at full volume pedal open and it doesn't sound nor feel physically comfortable playing that way.

I play pedal steel BTW in case any here has any experience with this instrument.

You should set 'rig volume' only to minimize the volume difference between all of your rigs to avoid volume discrepancies when changing from one preset to another. Then when all of your rigs play out at the same level, set your master to accommodate the PA at your volume pedals highest level. That way all of your presets will hit the PA at the same level. For instance, if you have 2 presets (1 clean, 1 dirty) and the dirty rig is louder, lower the dirty rig volume to match the clean rig so that switching back and forth does not cause a volume jump or drop. This is not the same as adjust the amp volume in the stack section as rig volume will not affect the overall sound of the rig itself.

I got everything linked to the master volume and the main outs has the difference in db. its there a way to control it individually ? left and right .

The difference in dB between monitor and master can be set by unlinking both from the master volume knob, setting both to the lowest setting, and then relinking both to the master knob. Then the knob will control both master and monitor with the same exact output levels. For a volume difference between left and right you may want to just open a support ticket because there are a ton of variables in the individual rigs, your daw/speaker setup and you'll want to walk through from end to end.

Greetings! If your in to country and rock be sure to check out some michael britt profiles. His stuff is pretty dialed in.

Both line6 and boss bug wireless systems use the same uhf frequencies as wifi (2.4g/5g). In fact most consumer grade wireless systems today use those same ranges. Any devices that use wireless should be distanced by at least a few feet from each other in order to prevent interference/dropouts. For the line6, since you are able to choose a specific channel to operate on within that 2.4g range, you might try finding one that doesn't interfere, but there's no guarantee since most venue wifi (and home wifi) will jump channels based on whatever connections they are trying to accommodate. (at home I use a boss wl50 and it gives dropouts unless I separate the wireless from any wifi device by about 4 feet, even small things like my phone) Your best bet would be to go uhf (anything but 2.4 and 5ghz) though as venues can be hit or miss. Shure makes some good stuff that isn't too over the top pricey.

Start by setting both Main and Monitor output links to off (and Headphone if you wish), set both volumes to 0, then turn both links back on and the volume knob will now raise/lower both outputs equally. If you need one of them at a specific level all the time, set that level by unlinking the Master for that output and manually setting the level. Generally you'll want to set a static level for the main out to FOH and unlink that from the knob, then you can adjust the on-stage monitor level using the knob without the FOH engineer throwing stuff at you. Also don't forget about the pad on the main output.

im having problems with the xlr outs and I don't find where I can level de xlr gain out, its a hardware problem or I can control that?

In RM go to the output section. You can set the out levels for the Main (XLR) and the Monitor sections. Then you can choose to link either/both or none to the master output knob.

I have a few left handed evh wolfgangs (us models, not sure if they all use the same volume pots) and I'm noticing that they measure out as right-handed tapers wired in reverse, but since they accurately create the volume swells ala cathedral using a very small rotational amount I am wondering if this is another case of fender using backwards righty parts in lefty guitars to save money, or if eddie actually used lefty pots wired righty? Anyone here who is a righty with evh pots measure them? I'm wondering if the right handed evh guitars come with lefty pots to get that quick taper? I ordered some righty bourns non-evh branded ones and they seem to be the same measurements as what i have in the lefty guitars with the peak at around a quarter turn.

So weird. Do you have a floorboard attached? I wonder if maybe a button or something has gone faulty and creating a confliction in messages?

Hi BayouTexan, The modules weren't locked. BTW I never lock anything. I only locked something by accident a long time ago and had trouble to unlock, so never used it afterwards.

I shut off the corresponding knobs in the rig by pressing on it causing the light go out. I never use RM for this.

I also found out now that my whole range of rigs doesn't respond to shutting of delay and reverb

If your using the main output double check your output settings that it isnt set to dly\verb wet N'mind. Just realized that doesn't make sense in your issue.

The player incorporates all of those parameter settings in playback, it just doesn't let you edit them. Hopefully they will add the edibility at some point for those that don't already have a big 'un. There's a firmware update on the way soon it seems according to the IOS RM update I got the other day.

On my Mac the path of the Rig Manager Folder is Finder = iCloud Drive = Documents = Kemper Amps. Within that folder are 2 folders namely RigManager and Documentation. The RigManager folder contains the auto backup of the Rig Manager. Is it possible to change the main folder (Kemper Amps) to a different directory?

That is based on your icloud settings. It appears that you have icloud backup set to include the documents folder which means any files that go in there are automatically moved to your icloud share and removed from your local machine. Go to settings/your Apple ID at the top/icloud drive and uncheck Desktop and Documents Folders. I would also make a duplicate of all of that first and put it somewhere other than you desktop or dox folder just in case.

Yes, you're right. I didn't know that.

In IOS there is a global setting called wifi assist, which automatically uses cell over wifi when the wifi connection is poor which may have something to do with this and might be worth looking at when troubleshooting. It can be found in settings/cellular.

I wouldn't be surprised. It makes sense though. Just like UA and eventide do and line6 did, so that they can cater to different price points and allow a ground floor option. I understand the lesser fx slot numbers as its design is to live on a pedal board where you would normally already have an array but I was pretty bummed when I couldn't at least have all the current fx to choose from so that I wouldn't have to modify my existing rigs. To note though that paywall is not set in stone and the other fx may just end up being added in an upcoming update. They may have rushed to meet xmas deadlines or something. Either way, I'll pay if I have to because its worth it for my needs.

There is a bass boost option in the output section which is meant to offset the difference between kab on the ground and kab tilted back. You might want to check that and also your neck pickup height. Should be less than you bridge for eveness but the closer to the strings it is the more thump your going to get.