Posts by Jeeega

Ciao Enrico, io mi sono costruito una 2x12 passiva con i coni Celestion F12 X200.

L'ho ultimata ieri e già oggi ho potuto fare alcune prove: ho circa 300 profili commerciali caricati sul Kemper e sto cominciando ad ascoltarli in buona parte a volumi da appartamento e con i coni ancora da rodare, quindi non saprei esprimere un giudizio definitivo al momento.

Il mio riferimento (prima del Kemper) sono le innumerevoli testate valvolari che in buona parte ancora posseggo e conservo (Brunetti Pirata 141 Valvemix, BRBS 100 Super Custom Overdrive, JCM2000 DSL100, Bugera G5 infinium, Mesa Dua Caliber…)

Il riferimento A-B invece lo eseguo alternando tra questa 2x12 FRFR e la mia collaudata 2x12 Vox semi-open caricata con un Mesa Black Shadow e un Vox by Wharfedale, naturalmente escludendo il cabinet.

In questi giorni sono in contatto con un ragazzo che possiede Paradigma che vorrebbe fare una prova comparativa con la mia, coglierò così l'occasione di ascoltarla.

For now, do we do two counts about 2x12" cab?

€138 for each speaker (x2)
    €250-300 for the 2x12 case
    €25 including wood, screws, glue, paint (not to be counted if you want to mount the speakers from inside the cab)

I begin with listening, I have about 300 commercial profiles loaded on the Kemper, I will use two guitars, and I will make an A - B comparison with the guitar case excluding the cabinet.

For now they will be the usual apartment volumes, later I will move to the room where I will be able to use higher volumes.

Ciao!

So the filter to protect the tweeter has a 1.5 Ohm pad resistor in series (for matching the power efficiency of the drivers)

I thought, you could do like on some bass cabs, off - attenuation 1 - attenuation 2. In this case off totally eliminates the tweeter from the circuit, only the woofer in operation remains, attenuation 1 is the original one, attenuation 2 a little more attenuated . I must say that listening to the tweeter, however, does not bother me at all, it is rather soft despite the case having a slanted panel and therefore I was listening in-axis rather than usually when the cab resting on the floor listening to off-axis. It seems Celestion they have done a good job after all.

I opened this thread to present my creations made with Kemper's DI.

The aim is for these profiles to sound good on traditional guitar cab. Usually I use 2x12 w/different speakers, currently with Kemper I am very happy with this open back Vox loaded with a Mesa Black Shadow C90 and a Vox by Wharfedale GSH1230-8. Usually I use the profiles excluding the cabinet with the appropriate button and with a few tricks they sound very real both as a response to the touch and as a sound.

I currently have several tube heads, I started profiling a Bugera G5 Infinium to practice and I created two profiles that I uploaded to Rig Exchange (user: Jeega). The next heads will be Brunetti Pirata 141 Valvemix (Modena, Italy) and a BRBS 100 Super Custom Overdrive by Sebastiano Barbirato (Ferrara, Italy), two craftsmen who create really beautiful amplifiers. In addition to some more widespread heads like Marshall JCM 2000 DSL 100 etc …

I'll try to profile friends' amps too, I'm already thinking about a friend's Splawn… I have created a Dropbox folder which I provide the link below and which will be updated whenever possible by inserting the folder, some notes (... if changes have been made to the circuit, type of tubes …) and possibly the amplifier's pic.

Excuse me always for my English but I use the Google translator. Ciao! Jeega, Italy.

DROPBOX LINK :

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/9p0…OYo_JGE0Vq_GpJ03nhda?dl=0

Bommel

I never got how the kemper d.i. works... has it something like a autmatic pad or something ? because on my d.i. and on my torpedo live i have to change the pad settings/input level when i increase or decrease the master volume ... or is it expected to use the return gain inside the kemepr profiling process?

Mmm… I don't know how to answer for now ... I read around for a long time before choosing the d.i box and orienting myself towards the most expensive and the one with the least options. The choice fell on this because from some reviews it seemed the one that gave less problems than adjustments etc ... therefore plug & play having no adjustment whatsoever you can't go wrong ... the philosophy seems to me correct, now we have to see if it reflects reality: -) not having ever profiled I thought "simple is better" :)

Today we first measured the impedance curve. Immediately afterwards we pulled the plastic cover that covers the magnet and discovered the electrical circuit fixed to it. It soon became clear that there were two magnets. One of it is part of a 6 ohm tweeter that emits through the center of the cone towards the dust cover. The electrical circuit is a 18db high-pass for the tweeter in fact. Tomorrow afternoon I'm going to pick up the 2x12 and I'll see how to mount the two woofers. Subsequently, once run in, we will measure the system's frequency response to see how linear it can be. Clearly, listening and comparison sessions with other commercial products will follow soon.

In these first photos: the detail of the terminal block with 4 cables, two of which go towards the tweeter still hidden by the plastic cover https://postimg.cc/ZBB2PRNz and the measurement of the impedance curve of the whole system (woofer + tweeter) https://postimg.cc/R62r2fm0

Here instead we have uncovered everything and here is where the second magnet and the crossover dedicated to the tweeter appeared

https://postimg.cc/gallery/2l3m8d9x6/

The latest photos: impedance module only woofer https://postimg.cc/DmYdkgR6 and tweeter only https://postimg.cc/nCjKHmJJ , tweeter measurement time https://postimg.cc/hhCM4gQ9 and 18db high pass crossover scheme https://postimg.cc/v1W3GV5B Ciao!

Ok amici, tomorrow afternoon later we will begin measurements in free air and the possible disassembly of the two cones still to be broken in.

Thursday I will receive the 2x12 and I will begin the assembly phase over the weekend. Measurements in closed boxes will follow.

I promise you tons of photos and all the detailed account of how much the Google translator can give me :)

Ciao !

Ciao a tutti, cercherò di essere più chiaro possibile a proposito di quello che mi sembra sia una mancanza del Kemper.

1) In browser mode, schiaccio e tengo premuto REVERB per accedere ai parametri dell'effetto.

2) Appare la schermata dove a sx c'è il tipo di effetto (Spring Reverb) e sotto i parametri.

3) Se ruoto il potenziometro BROWSE mi appaiono i preset che mi sono salvato precedentemente.

4) Scelgo il preset personale (es. Spring Jeega), il nome del preset viene evidenziato.

5) Torno alla pagina dell'effetto (vedi punto 2) e successivamente nella schermata del RIG

Ora vorrei fare lo stesso con un DELAY....

1) In browser mode, schiaccio e tengo premuto DELAY per accedere ai parametri dell'effetto.

2) Appare la schermata dove a sx c'è il tipo di effetto (Legacy Delay) e sotto i parametri.

3) Se ruoto il potenziometro BROWSE mi appaiono i preset che mi sono salvato precedentemente.

4) Scelgo il preset personale (es. Legacy Lungo Jeega), il nome del preset viene evidenziato.

5) Torno alla pagina dell'effetto (vedi punto 2) e successivamente nella schermata del RIG

A questo punto data l'età che avanza mi sono scordato quale preset di REVERBERO sto utilizzando...vorrei quindi verificare e visualizzare dalla lista se è evidenziato il preset Spring Jeega.

1) In browser mode, schiaccio e tengo premuto REVERB per accedere ai parametri dell'effetto ma non trovo indicazioni utili se non un generico Spring Reverb

2) Quindi faccio per accedere alla lista preset ruotando BROWSER e ahimè Spring Jeega non è evidenziato.

Voi come fate?

Grazie

Hi, it's just an experiment. Just ordered a pair of these speakers from Thomann to use them in a generously sized 2x12 closed cab. They should need 56 liters each woofer in a closed box. I found a couple of cabs (Zilla or Marsh) around 128/140 liters, shipping times permitting, as soon as I have all the material on hand I will get to work (about 10 days and it should be all working). Then we will perform different measurements of the speakers parameters via Clio card (http://www.audiomatica.com/wp/?page_id=51), both in free air and in a closed box. I hope they can also be used with a bass guitar.

Grazie ragazzi dei vostri feedback, nel frattempo mi sono arrivati i due coni Celestion e spero di costruire una cassa decente assieme ad un amico che progetta diffusori ed ha l'attrezzatura per misurare con l'ausilio di scheda e microfono dedicato il risultato. Quindi non ci si baserà solo sull'orecchio ma si andrà a lavorare in modo più scientifico. Su questo terrò aggiornato il forum :) Valuterò bene prima di vendere il Kemper, anche se stamattina ho avuto modo di suonare con un JMP 50W degli anni 70 e mi è piaciuto tanto :P spero di trovare un profilo che assieme alla nuova cassa gli si avvicini....a presto !