Posts by prstnmckay

I have a Kemper power rack. I want to incorporate a Two Notes Capture M+ into my set up in this fashion: I run my main out to our in ear rack and split it with one signal going FOH and the other to our in ear rack. I also want to then run the monitor out of the kemper in order to get two of my signals panned in my in ears. I want to use the monitor out eq and cab disabled function in order to get a slightly different tone panned in my ears. Can I put the Two Notes between the kemper monitor out and in ear rack without any problems (does it need a load between them?) in order to get a different cab sound on the second in ear signal? I want to make sure this would work without damaging anything in the process. I appreciate all the help as I can be a noob regarding this type of stuff.

If a POE injector is used would you still be able to use any cable of any length without damaging anything? I get it works like a charm for the longer runs but if you use, say a 20 ft or 15 ft, can you still use the POE injector or should you just use it for the longer runs?

I have purchased a pack from an individual named Kosten (Diezel Herbert), and in his pack he includes what he calls an ICI (imprecision compensating impulse) that supposedly compensates for discrepancies with the low and low-mid frequencies. I have no idea what this is or how to even test it out and there is no other explanation for this impulse. I tried emailing the individual but there appears to be something wrong and he cannot for whatever reason receive my emails. Has anyone heard of this or what it does, and more specifically how to use/incorporate it? Thank you

Well I do not know what the hell is going on here and hoping someone may have an answer or experienced this themselves (forgive me I am a novice regarding computers). I recently got some profiles and they were emailed to me showing a KRIG file type. The issue is that when downloading them to put on the shared folder they only go on there as a PDF file. Anyone experience this or know of a work around for it? I am at a loss. This is the first time this has happened to me. Thanks

Anyone able to point me in the direction of any profiles for the newer Diezel Herbert MK III by chance. Internet searches are proving futile. Found alot of the MK I and MK II but really want to try the third revision. Thanks!!

Thank you everyone for chiming in on this topic. I do have several different brand/models of IEM and I will run each one through next time and see if it is lessened or exaggerated through the different models. It may also be the angle of my picking technique and I am also going to try a slightly thinner nylon pick to see if that also assists with it. I am going to try a fast attack on the compressor function just to see how it sounds and if it degrades the tone then i will keep searching. Thanks everyone!!

I have not yet as that is one aspect that I had missed and will definitely try that out tonight...so many features on the unit completely forgot that one. I have also been reading on using a compressor with a fast attack to try and minimize the chirping effect...has anyone tried this before?

Good day all. I am wondering if anyone has suggestions on the profiler for getting rid of, or at least minimizing, the dreaded (at least to me) chirping sound on my high gain profiles when I pick. I use a Friedmann JJ100 profile that I love and while I do not hear it in either FOH or stage wedges the issue comes when I use my in ears. Very noticeable in them. Any tips or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Has anyone used the Digitech Whammy DT with the profiler? I am looking to use the pedal mainly for the function of the drop/raise tune feature on the right side of the unit to avoid having to take multiple guitars on the road with me. If you have, what are your experiences with the sound quality of the unit. At this time I would need to drop the tuning only 2 semitones at the lowest and raise it 1 semitone at the highest. I just don't want to drop $300 on something if the results are not as good as some claim they are. Any help or suggestions are much appreciated. Thanks everyone!!!

Preston

I just purchased some Direct Amp profiles of a Diezel VH4 and it also came with some IR cabs to load in as well. I have always stuck to the studio profiles but really liked the sound of these. My question is, when I browse through and choose a cab to go with the Direct profile, can I then turn off the monitor cab function in order to send a complete profile to Front of House and just the Direct profile to run a physical cab? I know with merged profiles you can but if I pair the Direct with a cab does that then become a merged profile?

Before dropping the coin on them I am asking for help with purchasing an expression pedal. My specific function of the pedal would be exclusively assigned to the morph and pitch function (no volume or wah needed). Two choices I hear a lot about are the Mission EPK or the Dunlop DVP3. Anyone have experience and can tell me which is better suited to handle these two parameters? Much appreciated.

Thanks a lot for the breakdown. I don't know why I was having a hard time wrapping my head around this but I feel I do have a better understanding now. So in a nutshell a merged profile being sent to front of house contains the whole profile (amp, cab, mic) and by switching the monitor cab off function to send to my 4x12 it then only uses the DI profile that was captured and should more accurately represent the reference amp. That sound correct?

Hello everyone. I cannot seem to wrap my head around this so I do apologize for asking what may seem simple or understandable to others. Can someone explain in plain English the advantages of a merged profile vs a studio profile specifically for live use? Mainly, which one would be best to use in a live situation where I would be sending a completed profile via the main outs to FOH and wanting to use a 4x12 for stage monitoring...and if I use a merged profile to send to FOH would I need to disable the monitor cab function..reason I ask is with the studio profiles that I use of course I find a drastic difference in what is being pumped to front of house vs what is coming out of the cab, understanding that the 4x12 will color the sound sometimes drastically.