Posts by mnewse614

So to give an update on my new Kemper, again I come from digitech, line 6, Fratcal ect. The Kemper is the unit for me, I immediately got "my sound" achieved with little effort the fx provided suit me fine, I am not a big fx guy, for me it was more about achieving a desirable amp tone. The Kemper has all the oomph and kerrang of a real amp, I could not get my Fractal ax8 to give me that, now the Fractal is a great unit but I dont know how transformers to speaker ratio works exactly and I tweaked more than I played and was never satisfied. The Kemper already has those equations figured out for me so I just tweak the EQ alittle and find myself jamming non stop, very inspiring. I know I am still in the honeymoon phase but after years of units all based around the same idea the Kempers quality was noticed immediantly. I am so happy with my decision.

Last night I used my Fender/Sunn SPL6000, highly underrated poweramp, and it sounds fantastic really punches hard, I sent the Quilter in under warranty cause there were issues from factory. I am hoping that will help, but when I had my AX8 I dialed it in once and it sounded amazing, I was able to use poweramp sims and the Quilter gave a juicy 3d sound, but turned everything off came back and it changed. After posting this I went back and forth with Pat Qulter and found the issue, just sent it out Monday so hopefully can try it next week. I should say to, I have no intentions on an FRFR set up, well i have one for the house but not in practice or live, so I wont worry about a positive coloration if that makes sense

So my Kemper finally came in yesterday, I picked it up at 11 am and had to finish my work day. Excited to leave my wife calls me to go to the grocery store, now on top of this I live an hour and a half from my job. Once done with the grocery store she called for me to pick up dinner, after eating my kids were crazy for some reason, all these things and I am just dieing inside to plug in the kemper. So I already had a poweramp and cab sitting just waiting to put the kemper through it. Wow, right out of the box with no tweaking it already had the oomph and kerrang I had been looking for in a modeler. Now the fractal stuff I am sure can accomplish this, but I never found it, this unit is perfect for me, I use little effects and just like good amp tones. I loaded the SinMix pack up and wow, I was very impressed. I am really happy with my purchase and look forward to whats to come.

Hello Everyone,

I am waiting on my new Kemper to be delivered, right now Guitar Center is waiting on the stock to come in. Of course while waiting I have been reading as much as I can, which also doesn't help cause then I go through mental questions and scenarios that I can not yet test. My background in modelers have been since the early Digitech days with my first unit being the 21 Legend, in my course I have owned several Fractal products and recently go rid of the AX8. While a great unit I got lost in the tweaking part and just wanted the amp models to come out of the box authentic without having to learn all the other stuff like how an amp interacts with a speaker. So in comes the Kemper since its a full prfile of my real amp and know it is capturing the full circuit.

My question is on power amps, I have a Quilter TB200, the one without a loop. Does anyone have experience with this as a power amp with the Kemper? I love its weight, foot print, and volume but never found its interaction with the ax8 to work. I have been looking at Matrix and Carvin as full linear options but I do like the 3D sound of the Quilter. I want to use the full amp head DI, I think its considered Direct Amp Profile with a power amp in my practice situations, and use the full power amp section but afraid maybe the Quilter wont play nice. Any help while I wait would be great.