Posts by mnewse614

So in the end the only infringement is of kemper- their technology and the amp maker as it’s their design.

I got confused when these guys talk about trademarks and all, I can see selling a profile makers name, like reampzone vh4 but if I said it’s my profile based on reampzones vh4 and sold it there’s nothing legal. I would never do it but I’m just trying to see what ownership is really there, it is confusing

One thing I am really confused on is, how can a profile actually be trademarked? Are you trademarking your amp settings, the profile process? I find it weird that if you trademark the amp and settings, then would I be in a legal issue to create a profile of the same amp with the same settings? If you trademark the process then, could I be in a legal issue if I used the same mics, preamps etc? It does seem unethical to resale someone elses profiles but in the end would it really hold up in any court? Would the expense be even worth it?

Why not offer an option to where the buyer can request personal settings of amplifiers in your stable? I understand the work, but you could do $10.00 a DA profile per profile and 20.00 for studio or more. I have found most of the time I use different settings than the common used settings and allot of amps offered I dont have access to, or I can go play but not profile. Could this idea work? I could see DA profiles being super easy as I would request no preamp or DAW used, just amp head straight to Kemper

You could add a section on your site with a form called Request For Tone , Request For Profile so its an RFP.

so my apologies to all kemper forum members, in past week or so I had frustrations and had allot of negative comments from frustration. I have been in my constant battle and finally put my finger on the solution. The Kemper does in fact capture the full amp and it was my mistake thinking it didnt move a cab. I found my issue was not getting the volume right, I know increase the volume on the rig volume till I see a light flash on the output light then bring it down slowly until that light does not flash, it seems it sounds more forward and has that oomph. I also have found that the commercial profiles cabs and all sound great, I was just wasent using the right equipment for sound, my headphones werent great.

I apologize for making the board negative, the reason for this post is to man up and own my actions, and also share my findings because when I first purchased the Kemper I dint find allot about the full set up, maybe its just me but getting the volume up before clipping, which the kemper has a ton of headroom really works for me and gives the profiles more punch

This is one of the coolest posts ever. It's obvious when thinking about it theoretically but not obvious how to accomplish.

I will try this with my Mesa 4x12 w/v30s and see how it reacts.

let me know what you think, I just this week got a 2x12 baltic birch theile cab and tomorrow I get the 2 Eminence Beta 12cx, ASD1001 Horn, and crossover so I will have a huge loud cab that I can use the full Kemper. I am using this theile cab now with 2 lead 80s and its amazing with using full profiles with the cab on, and i get the piece I was missing without using any EQ

I bought Jerry’s Marshall 2205 and pretty nailed the amp I had, a buddy of mine has Jerry’s custom built jfd 100 and fro his builds I’d say the fb100 profile is stellar

Studio eq the move over to mid 1 it has gain Q and frequency adjustment, I set Q to middle.707 frequency start at 60 hz and put gain to 10, open back cabs will resonate at lower frequencies a closed back around 100 but sweep it then when you hear and feel it bring gain down to like 3 set ducking to like -2