Posts by dragonfly66

I am going to be profiling my Vibro King and this 1x10 Supro/Valco G6155 this week-end and I was curious what strategies people use when choosing what to profile. I was thinking I would profile the amps clean, crunch, distortion and also do a profile with my fuzz pedal since I really do not like the built in Fuzz (I can't seem to make it touch sensitive and I don't like the way it sounds.) So for those that have profiled, what did you profile? Did you throw different guitars in the mix (does this even matter)? Did you use different cabs? Use a DI box with the same options? Any other creative scenarios?

For the etiquette part, what about sharing the profiles when you are done. I would imagine that for small builders or boutique amps this might not be appropriate or nice. Is there any unspoken guidelines I need to follow in this regard? Most of my "boutique" amps are someone's take on Fender/Marshall/Vox amps so I don't have any truly original sounds. It seems like no one minds profile sharing of the big players like Fender, Marshall, or Vox from what I can tell in the Rig Exchange.

I'll send an email to support as well.

KEMPER

• Rig Manager: Version 2.0.19 (12892)
    • Profiler OS: 5.2.0.12879
    • Build Date: March 13, 2017 18.07:44

COMPUTER

• Macbook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Mid-2015)
    • OSX: 10.11.6 (15G1510)
    • Processor: 2.5 GHz Intel Core i7
    • Memory: 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3

STEPS TO RECREATE

• Kemper is turned on with remote connected and in Performance mode
    • Open Rig Manager
    • Connect Kemper through USB cable to Macbook Pro using USB port on the right side of the laptop. I actually have an extender on my USB cable.
    • Click on switches 1-5 to change rigs. Eventually this takes the remote down and sometimes the Kemper freezes.

UPDATE: Ticket #KA00135875

Yes.

For me I see the freeze when I have the kemper connected to laptop, rig manager open, AND I'm switch rigs within a performance. To fix the freeze I unplugged the remote and plug it back in from the back of the Kemper. That worked the first time. The second time just unplugging and plugging back in the remote didn't work. The second time I unplugged the remote and the computer, then plugged the computer back in and the remote back in. Once the Kemper screen was unfrozen I unplugged the computer to prevent it from freezing again.

It is done, I own the Kemper now. I have figured how it will fit into my live setup and now I'm off to figure out how to use this thing! Tomorrow I will take a photo of my rig and post it in the show-us-your-rig section. This things sounds soooo good!!!!

I just got my Kemper today (Wednesday) and because of work I only took it out of the box and turned in on. I noticed that it makes clicking noises when booting up. Not constant clicking just a few clicks. When shutting down I hear one click. Is this normal? I turn it on and off again and the clicking is consistent.

These clicks are from the device itself not what you hear through the output. I don't even have it hooked up to any speakers yet.

My Kemper is on the truck for delivery. In preparation I've downloaded the manual and Rig Manager! So excited! Our bass players is out of the country for a couple of weeks so I'll have plenty of time to play with it before our next practice.

I bought an Alto TS210 to play around with until the CLR is available. Gotta good sale for the holiday. If I don't like with the Kemper I can just use it as a floor monitor. It is 10lbs lighter than the K10.

Your best bet here would be to create and save an output profile for each of your speakers that you might use.That way you won't mess up the front end of your profiles too much.
    Don't get too hung up on Guitar vs FRFR. If it sounds good to you, it doesn't matter what it is!

My Kemper gets here on Wednesday. Right now I do not know what an "output profile" is, LOL. Thank you for the tip.

So after researching and researching I'm going to wait for the Atomic CLR Neo MKii and just use my QSC K10 until then. It will give me some time to save up money for it. I do realize any tweaking I do to get the K10 to sound good will have to be done again with any new speaker.

I've been gigging with an Atomic CLR neo for about 4 years. No issues anfd I love it

There is a reserve list like they aren't making these cabinets anymore. Anybody know what is going on?

Looks like the CLR only has a powered version. Passive cabinets are cheaper than powered. I don't need powered so would love to save money by going passive. Doesn't look like CLR has a passive option.

I think I am more inclined to get the coaxial type cabinet like one of the Geminis or the XiTone. Looks like a guitar cabinet and apparently doesn't have the disconnected sound that other FRFR type cabinet have with the separate speakers. Mission has a rack cabinet that would go nice with one of their cabs too. For portability I like the 1x12, but that km-2x12 looks real nice.

The XiTone comes with the "Eminence Beta 12CX coaxial drivers for full range operation" could I just put that speaker in a guitar cabinet and call the it a day or is there something special going on with the cabinet build?

Well I did it! Just made ordered the power rack and remote are coming next week!

UPDATE: I will be going through the PA which means I can use my IEMs as the monitor, but still may want to use it like a regular guitar head so still interested in getting a decent cab for it.

I am getting the Kemper Profiler Power Rack with Remote soon, next few weeks, maybe as soon as next week, and am trying to figure out how to use it in my band. Everyone uses their own amp (lead guitar, rhythm guitar, and bass) and only vocals go through the PA. So I will be using the Kemper like an amp head it won't be going through the PA. I don't know yet if the band will be amenable to sending my guitar through the PA or if that would even sound right if I'm the only one going through the PA. So for now I intend to use the Kemper like a guitar amp head with a cabinet on stage. The Kemper itself will be a very large investment and to add a DXR10 or CLR or other new FRFR would absolutely be too much for me right now.

So here is what I have available.

• QSC K10 (2)
    • JBL One (10" sub with speaker array)
    • 2x12 cabinet that is loaded right now with Celestion Cream Alnico and Celestion Gold Alnico. I have other speakers I can put in there if other speakers might be better.

Which would you choose?

I am assuming an FRFR would always be the preference over a guitar cabinet.

In looking at FRFR for the specific purpose of using with the Kemper I have read about these, there are likely more it's just that these keep coming up.

From what I've read people really like the CLR because it sounds the same whether at low volumes or high volumes. The DXR10 has been described as good but perhaps more boomy and not the same sound from low to high. There is a lot to consider. I don't want to buy something I don't need (she laughs out loud) and I don't want to buy something I'm eventually going to replace. So I'm trying to do my due diligence before spending more money. I'm also selling gear to finance my addiction gear.

I'm also a bit self-conscious about how weird it is going to look, but I'm trying not to think about that part, telling myself as long as it sounds good, I'm good.

I use a VoiceLive 3 Extreme (VL3x) for harmonies and connect my IEMs from the headphone out of the VL3x so I can hear my vocals good, cause right now, at least in our rehearsal space I can't hear myself clear enough. Plus the IEMs will help protect my ears as everyone tends to keep turning up as the night progresses. I have the ambient monitors from Westone so hoping I won't need more than vocals coming through them. Tomorrow will be my first time using the IEMs in the rehearsal space.